Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Also, @Synkarin implicated in the Aya post to be messing around with Melali, making him look bad as well. As long as we think Aya is still reliable.
  • Welp, finally seen a night kill happen at least.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That...might be ratcheting the paranoia a little high. ⑨ has been hitting a lot of people with her...uh...super powers.

• Hey @Vivet, @Sylandra, @Othero, @Ssaliss, and @Luce, would you mind just reconfirming your powers and how they worked?
  • Kalaneya said:
    Melali said:
    I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, a powerful oni. I'm just sticking around, using my great strength to carry construction materials.

Every night, I can spar with people (which they don't notice). I then know whether or not they are weak or strong (vulnerable to nightkills or not) and, since I'm not weak, I can go all out once on someone, killing a weak person.

I knew that Ileein was immune to nightkills after the first night. Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara are all weak/vulnerable to nightkills. I was then jailed last night. Other than that, I haven't done any actions.
    For reference. Ssaliss' elimination looks bad on Melali, guy confirmed Ssaliss was able to be nightkilled.
    On the other hand, the end of Kira's post shows the use of Krack's reporter ability,
    Kiradawea said:
    This leads me sadly little time to write for you tonight, so know that i kept a close eye on Melali the previous night, and the only one to visit him was lil' Cirno, shoving icicles up his nose. Quite a strange practice, don't you think?
    This looks like single target usage of the reporter ability and so not susceptible to error.  Unless K is hallucinating Melali should be frozen last night.
  • For the record, I was attacked by moon rabbits. Dozens of them.
  • Zitto said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Melali said:
    I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, a powerful oni. I'm just sticking around, using my great strength to carry construction materials.

Every night, I can spar with people (which they don't notice). I then know whether or not they are weak or strong (vulnerable to nightkills or not) and, since I'm not weak, I can go all out once on someone, killing a weak person.

I knew that Ileein was immune to nightkills after the first night. Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara are all weak/vulnerable to nightkills. I was then jailed last night. Other than that, I haven't done any actions.
    For reference. Ssaliss' elimination looks bad on Melali, guy confirmed Ssaliss was able to be nightkilled.
    On the other hand, the end of Kira's post shows the use of Krack's reporter ability,
    Kiradawea said:
    This leads me sadly little time to write for you tonight, so know that i kept a close eye on Melali the previous night, and the only one to visit him was lil' Cirno, shoving icicles up his nose. Quite a strange practice, don't you think?
    This looks like single target usage of the reporter ability and so not susceptible to error.  Unless K is hallucinating Melali should be frozen last night.
    The reports are delayed by a day, so this means Melali was frozen the previous day phase.
  • Lehki said:
    Hey @Vivet, @Sylandra, @Othero, @Ssaliss, and @Luce, would you mind just reconfirming your powers and how they worked?
    Simple enough.

After I beat someone in a betted Danmaku fight, or they forfeit, I get a one-shot copy of their ability, barring special abilities.
  • Lehki said:
    Zitto said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Melali said:

Kiradawea said:
    The reports are delayed by a day, so this means Melali was frozen the previous day phase.
    Aha, true, had forgotten that. Melali was frozen last dayphase. The kill method is still suspicious on Melali though.
  • Also aren't there 11 people left, not 12?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Was Melali the one who had a vote blocked yesterday? If so, that'd explain the icicles in the nose business. Otherwise, uh, hmm.

@Lehki

My powers are all one-offs I use by requesting assistance from my beast comrades. Koutei was the vig power, Kume my tracker/self-watcher, Manzairaku my roleblocker, and Mukou (not to be confused with Mokou) is the little defibrillator-doctor. I can still call on Mukou if I think it prudent.

Koutei was the only one with any lengthy explanation. He was supposed to bypass danmaku immunities, but I couldn't really figure out what that meant originally. I only assumed it alluded to nightkill flavour. If you look back at Tamashi's reveal, you'll see that his nightkill method has a danmaku-in-the-night sort of flavour, so it seems reasonable to believe that this nightkill performed on Ssaliss is of a similar flavour. So we can either conclude:

A. There is a second cult leader type who has the same danmaku elimination method
    B. Whoever Tamashi converted has inherited this danmaku elimination method

Without any additional information on what/who a second cult may be based upon, it may be more reasonable to operate under B for the time being.

We can at least conclude that there is no Moriya cult, as they turned out to be an arsonist operating on their own.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lehki said:
    Hey Vivet, Sylandra, Othero, Ssaliss, and Luce, would you mind just reconfirming your powers and how they worked?
    :unamused: I can't be killed at night. If I beat someone in a duel, they can't target me with abilities until the next day. I have a Last Word, but Kiradawea only knows how it'll end up triggering since my weakest card seems to be able to beat most other cards outright.

Those and my stronk kards are it. I have no tricks not mentioned above.
    Ssaliss said:
    For the record, I was attacked by moon rabbits. Dozens of them.
    Oh, what? That sounds like something that'd come from Kaguya/Reisen perhaps, but so far as I've been able to tell, neither are present (I was totally expecting it though, because what kind of Touhou game is it if you have Mokou and not Kaguya?).

Very fishy.

• Vivet said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Oh, what? That sounds like something that'd come from Kaguya/Reisen perhaps, but so far as I've been able to tell, neither are present (I was totally expecting it though, because what kind of Touhou game is it if you have Mokou and not Kaguya?).

Very fishy.

My initial thought was actually Lavinya (when she fought me earlier, she summoned danmaku in the shape of rats through her Hordes of hungry beasts spellcard IIRC), but it was pretty confirmed that she used an item on Siam last night. Unless you are able to both use an item and a power during the night, it can't be her.
  • Luce said:
    Lehki said:
    Hey Vivet, Sylandra, Othero, Ssaliss, and Luce, would you mind just reconfirming your powers and how they worked?
    :unamused: I can't be killed at night. If I beat someone in a duel, they can't target me with abilities until the next day. I have a Last Word, but Kiradawea only knows how it'll end up triggering since my weakest card seems to be able to beat most other cards outright.

Those and my stronk kards are it. I have no tricks not mentioned above.
    After seeing your cards, I could beat you if I was the challenger, though I'm not currently in a rush to be on the receiving end of whatever your Last Word is.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Lehki my character was Mina the vengeful spirit and here's my power recap.

I was a one-time executioner who could lynch someone at half the votes (which I used on Tamashi).

I could once per day mock someone to require one less vote to be lynched, and could do so either during the nightphase or dayphase (but if I picked one I couldn't use the other). I used this on Weiwae one night and on Othero one dayphase.

I also had Last Words that could end the dayphase without a lynch, but never used them because anti-town.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ssaliss said:
    Vivet said:
    Ssaliss said:

Very fishy.

My initial thought was actually Lavinya (when she fought me earlier, she summoned danmaku in the shape of rats through her Hordes of hungry beasts spellcard IIRC), but it was pretty confirmed that she used an item on Siam last night. Unless you are able to both use an item and a power during the night, it can't be her.
    Moon rabbits have very specific themes with certain characters. And looking back at Yarith's first post in the game...

*peer Yarith*

Hey, did anyone get jailed by Yarith last night?

I think it's looking like rabbit season, folks. /peer Yarith
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    @Lehki my character was Mina the vengeful spirit and here's my power recap.

I was a one-time executioner who could lynch someone at half the votes (which I used on Tamashi).

I could once per day mock someone to require one less vote to be lynched, and could do so either during the nightphase or dayphase (but if I picked one I couldn't use the other). I used this on Weiwae one night and on Othero one dayphase.

I also had Last Words that could end the dayphase without a lynch, but never used them because anti-town.

Hrrmmmmm... okay so still wanna hear from @Othero, if he could just reconfirm his powers. But based on my question last night I'm kind of reconsidering my suspicious on him and Luce. At least towards them possibly being the Godfather. I'll wait for Othero to reply before spelling out exactly what I asked.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Eye'm the smartest - I froze Melali the night before. I unfortunately had a momentary, once ever, brainfart and forget to freeze someone today.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Eye'm the smartest - I froze Melali the night before. I unfortunately had a momentary, once ever, brainfart and forget to freeze someone today.
    On the night that somebody finally died to a night kill. 
    Yep

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    FoS: Synkarin and Yarith.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Didn't Othero just claim the supermajority vote and not be able to initiate duels, or am I forgetting something? What more are you looking to get from him Lehki?

But in other news, Vivet wasn't the killer at least. I blocked her last night. If no one is claiming to have been jailed by him, I'm good with a lynch on Yarith.

• He also specifically claimed not to have any nightpower, AFAIK.
  • Ushaara said:
    Didn't Othero just claim the supermajority vote and not be able to initiate duels, or am I forgetting something? What more are you looking to get from him Lehki?

But in other news, Vivet wasn't the killer at least. I blocked her last night. If no one is claiming to have been jailed by him, I'm good with a lynch on Yarith.

That's what I recalled but I wanted to double check in case I forget something or if he was holding back on everything.

But alright, what I asked was how many players had no night actions. And was told, on the first night, there was 3 that had no power to use.

I had asked that in the hope that I could catch somebody in a lie about having no night power. However it seems that, yeah 3 people are claiming that. Luce, Othero, and Ssaliss(since he hadn't gotten a chance to copy powers yet). Pretty sure we've had claimed/confirmed night powers for everybody else, so I'm inclined to believe Othero and Luce about no night powers right now. Which would imply that they were not the 2nd Godfather.

• Yep, I had no night power.
    I think we ought to take a hard look at @Melali

It goes to reason that the second godfather type would also be immune to nightkills, and maybe rather than fight people to determine nightkill immunity, he fights them to see if they can be converted, kind of like Tamashi did, but with duels. 

Vote: Melali

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    As sound as any logic, I guess. 

• Nah, I jailed Luce. 
    Melali was blocked for two nights in a row though between Synkarin's freeze and my jail though, no?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it