Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I'm actually agree that Zitto's power doesn't really conflict with Melali's power. I'm still more suspicious of Luce and Yarith.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm willing to poke pressure points.

Vote Luce

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ooh, great. Zitto did flip, though again why haven't we seen more kills?

So original census of 4 saboteurs gave us: Tamashi, Zitto, Taoist Convert, Unknown Cultleader, and last census of 5 was counting: Zitto, Taoist Convert, Unknown Cultleader, Unknown Convert, Unknown Convert

So likely no more flips to come, other than finding the Taoist Convert...

Anyway, I still don't believe @Tremula, since the cards she mentioned 'finding' by going outside the gate seem like they could fit her character anyway, and the Rush of Daggers card that was supposedly replaced or whatever just seems made-up. Breandryn and Weiwae are proven card investigators, Tremula's method of investigating cards screams fishy to me.

Also, I don't find it credible that Tremula started with only one card. I believe we all got three cards barring Breandryn, which as Vivet showed makes sense for the character. Anomalous claim is anomalous.

Unvote
    Vote Tremula

Other random question, what's your Eye'm the smartest/strongest thing about, @Synkarin?
  • Luce said:
    Synkarin said:
    Yes - I think Melali is certainly a target still. I also think Luce being nightkill immune is potentially a Godfather figure of the other cult.
    Tamashi could see who I was. I can't be the Godfather of the other cult.
    This is not a legit reason of why you can't be godfather. We have no idea how exactly Tamashi's identification power worked and we know he recruited someone night 0. He could have easily 'dueled' his recruit and outed the name to make himself seem as if he were telling the truth.
  • I also think Tremula is suspicious, but shifting to her would be a little OMGUS on my part given that she's been calling me fishy allll game. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm nightkill immune because I'm immortal. It is the beginning and end of the reasoning, and I think it's a combination of the role being a character bless/cursed by the Phoenix and the fact that Kira's been fairly vocal about how much it sucks that I keep getting offed early. (Seriously, even in the spooky Vengeance games I was out night 2 the first time.)

We were talking about the conversion and the duel power on page 79, but I can't find anything else in there. I was running on the assumption that Tamashi is able to see and recruit the Taoist characters and the other Godfather does the same for Buddhist. Which was, as I recall, your reasoning/theory Kalaneya?

Under that assumption I could be recruited into Tamashi's mafia, presumably because I'm Taoist, I guess, so I can't be in the other one. Given that I went out of my way to shut down his duels, took his resiliency, and voted for him fairly early on, if I was on his team I was doing it wrong.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ushaara said:
    Ooh, great. Zitto did flip, though again why haven't we seen more kills?

So original census of 4 saboteurs gave us: Tamashi, Zitto, Taoist Convert, Unknown Cultleader, and last census of 5 was counting: Zitto, Taoist Convert, Unknown Cultleader, Unknown Convert, Unknown Convert

So likely no more flips to come, other than finding the Taoist Convert...

Anyway, I still don't believe @Tremula, since the cards she mentioned 'finding' by going outside the gate seem like they could fit her character anyway, and the Rush of Daggers card that was supposedly replaced or whatever just seems made-up. Breandryn and Weiwae are proven card investigators, Tremula's method of investigating cards screams fishy to me.

Also, I don't find it credible that Tremula started with only one card. I believe we all got three cards barring Breandryn, which as Vivet showed makes sense for the character. Anomalous claim is anomalous.

Unvote
    Vote Tremula

Other random question, what's your Eye'm the smartest/strongest thing about, @Synkarin?
    They could fit my character. They could also fit Siam's. The dagger one could fit that one girl who enjoys the swords. I don't know this universe well enough to make these things up, and it makes perfect sense for me to have only one spell card, since even the barest amount of google-fu on my character reveals that I am from the mountains, where echoes of things (like spellcards) happen all the time, and upon coming to work at a shrine as a cleaner, I have abdicated most of my power in the defence of others. Read: Echo shield.

One person starting a game with one card is fine, but two is fishy? In a twenty plus player game? Where there's stumping? Yes, this is me getting defencive, and probably because this vote is coming at me out of left field. Now I suppose if the next random card I find happens to be one that's from a stumped character or already mentioned, I'll be more suspect. It's a strong early game power, but one that isn't as strong late game, I'll admit, but I'm of more use to the town alive with a power boost to anyone that will nearly guarantee a roleblock, weakening, etc. than I would be as a stump.

Instead of retaliating and jumping to a vote on you because OMGUS (you totally do, you butthead), I'm going to say I'm still suspicious of Yarith, but since he's not from this universe and can't be converted, I'd like to see pressure on Melali. Finding out if someone is nightkill immune or not would be pretty useful if you had the need to figure out who you could/couldn't kill to get the game down to majority scum.

Vote: Melali
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hellz yeah we got the arsonist! Ty dayvig plans. Up for either Melali or Luce as targets, tbh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Very fortuitous that we got rid of the arsonist. Go figure it was another case of Moriya Shrine Consipracies, bleh.

I feel it is relevant to refresh this list...

Ileein = Pollux
    Celina = Ratatoskr
    Yarith = Shu

Tamashi = Miko
    Vivet = Kasen
    Sylandra = Mima
    Othero = Yuuka
    Falmiis = Shinki
    Ssaliss = Alice
    Zitto = Sanae
    Luce = Mokou
    Krackenor = Aya
    Melali = Yuugi
    Ushaara = Shikieiki
    Synkarin = Cirno
    Breandryn = Rinnosuke
    Weiwae = Marisa
    Siam = Shou
    Lavinya = Nazrin
    Tremula = Kyouko
    Kalaneya = Mamizou
    Lehki = Sumireko

Because as nearly as I can tell, it is accurate and covers what we know.

Also, Shou/Mamizou have already been eliminated and the census report leads us to believe that both were town. This "Buddha's Diamond" card that Tremula has brought up doesn't seem to have belonged to either of them, despite potential ties that could lean in that direction. If we don't believe either of them had such a card, who else possibly could?

With the remaining identities, the only two I could potentially see having it are Lavinya and... Tremula. That or the card is entirely made up. I also find this "Rush of Daggers" to not be particularly plausible with the remaining set up. No Sakuya around these parts.

So I say if we have any remaining means of investigating for a spellcard on Lavinya, check to see if she has this Buddhist's Diamond thing. If she doesn't have it, lynch Tremula.

For the time being, however, I do find Melali's kill-immunity investigation to be perplexing. As for Luce, maybe you want to explain what exactly the effect is that comes from you defeating someone in a spellcard duel? I do believe both Krackenor and Ushaara have acknowledged that there is an effect of some sort. I just can't remember what it was, if it was established more concretely of late.

I don't have it. I can share my cards even:

Hordes of hungry beasts

The pendulum swings like a yoyo 

Buddha's Light

• Just had a thought. Who else is currently claiming no night actions, either just don't have one or used up all the shots of it?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    To reiterate though, anyone I beat in a spellcard duel is unable to target me that night.

• Lehki said:
    Ssaliss, I don't suppose you can copy another charge from Vivet? If not, have you tried copying Melali?

I'll be asking if recruits keep their town power tonight, though I'm still pretty sure the answer is yes so if anybody has a more clever question I'm all ears.
    I already dueled Vivet today, and was told I couldn't make another doll of her since I already had one copy. If she agrees, though, I'll do so tomorrow.
    Melali said:
    Ssaliss did copy my power before I said what it was, proving that he at least can investigate powers. 
    You do realise that I was the one calling this dragon, right? So my ability to not only copy, but even use, other peoples powers have been fairly confirmed.

And yes, I was able to copy Melali's power, but I was unable to copy Zittos, so there is definitely a difference between the two.
    Luce said:
    Luce said:
    To reiterate though, anyone I beat in a spellcard duel is unable to target me that night.

I can confirm this. When Luce dueled me I got that message at night, even though I was roleblocked.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Oh, when people question my obvious intellect and strength, I need to assert that Eye'm the smartest/strongest or I lose my vote for the day. I think it's purely a flavour thing.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I feel like if you were reaaaaally strong you wouldn't need to insist. How strong are you?
    Eye'm the strongest!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • You know actually I want to put pressure on Yarith. He's still being very quiet and I don't quite trust that the jailer that's been know from almost Day 1 hasn't been touched yet. Vote: Yarith Frustratingly, if I am right about him it will mean he won't flip. =/
    I should probably change my vote - what's the votecount?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Pfft. I've been visited plenty of times. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Also, @Krackenor, am I right in understanding that you only get those false positives if there actually was nothing to see?
    I've actually wondered about Yarith too. His role is just so weird.
    Daraius said:
    Actually it sort of goes to show that powers that seem town may not actually be strictly town. Given that powers that seem a bit anti-town (thinking of my own and Sylandra in particular) but were given to town....well. It would be a new layer of confusion. Jailer is traditionally town of course, but that doesn't mean anything in this very unorthodox setup.

• To be clear I think he was Town, but was converted. It's just a hunch based on the lurking and attitude though. 

Also possible he could be the third 3p that is still unaccounted for. Would be kind funny if all three outsiders were the 3p
  • Naw. I'm very much town. 

I have a self defence mechanism which I can toggle on at a cost which if I expose will allow me to be converted or killed or whatever. While I'm protecting myself I know the number of times I was visited, but not who they are or what they attempted. I didn't particularly want to reveal this because it's very restricted in how it works and it's punishing if I use it.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. Have you been toggling this defense already and it won't work anymore if you talk about it? Can you do this on the same nights that you're jailing people?

And honestly I think we'd be fine with people losing night kill immunities(if that's what you're saying), because honestly, scum finally getting around to killing people will let us actually start analyzing deaths.
  • I was explaining that I have been visited before, yes. If I explain how it works it'll probably end up in me getting killed because people will know how to get around it. I can use it the same night I jail. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Can you at least give us how many visitors you've seen each night then?
    Knowing who visited you is also probably really important information.

Unless, you know, that would reveal the scummy scum who converted you to their scummy scum team!

• Lehki said:
    Also, @Krackenor, am I right in understanding that you only get those false positives if there actually was nothing to see?
    Correct. And only then if I use my ability to its full extent (which I'm tempted to start doing again). I also want to add my voice to those curious about Yarith; that he's managed to survive this long with such a potent power is a bit suspicious.