Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Actually, a question for the arson victims. 

Was the flavor of the arsonist fire? Because that's the main reason anyone is suspecting me as Mokou isn't it?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:

Was the flavor of the arsonist fire? Because that's the main reason anyone is suspecting me as Mokou isn't it?
    No. I got an anonymous letter, as I stated earlier.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well, the ayes seem to have it re: daykilling Zitto. Sounds like a plan to me.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Synkarin said:
    (have we heard from @Melali at all?)
    Melali popped in at least long enough to confirm I was immune to danmafuku eliminations, which is apparently translated to nightkill immunity. Haven't seen him since.
  • Luce said:

Nothing about fire. Just a letter which made me go into the underworld.  I literally went off to pay Satori a visit.
  • The tome is unknown because I haven't studied it.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Is anyone...fond of writing letters? I am really not wanting to burn a dayvig on a maybe. I get that it's one of the only ways we can get information, but I keep feeling like we're about to hit a townie and regret it later, either by losing mayor, losing dayvig, or both.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Of course, my hesitation being stated, if the majority of town wants to do it, I won't go against it (not like I could mechanically). 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Let's do it. 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Well, if we have the majority, lets get the ball rolling. Sorry Zitto.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Can someone summarize the logic for the Zitto train? It seems pretty dumb to go wild with arson his first day in the role, and Zitto doesn't strike me as dumb.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Mostly we're short on other options. There aren't many who don't have plausible explainations for what they've been doing each night.

Zitto's also fairly new(ish?) to Mafia and may not have a sense of what is/isn't a great idea? His and Iosion's actions are lining up a bit too cleanly to what we'd expect of the deaths we saw from the Arson triggering last night too.
  • The sky darkens. Thunder cracks and peals of lightning dances across the sky. Out of the clouds come a plush dragon doll which twists and turns through midair before diving down against Zitto. It's not nearly as big as a real dragon, but it's still more than draconic enough to cause Zitto to run away at top speed, fleeing the reconstruction efforts with the dragon doll tailing after her.

Zitto has been dayvigged

----

Zitto was

Sanae Kochiya

You're a good girl aren't you Sanae? Shrine Maiden, Minor Diety, that annoying girl who sticks her nose everywhere, desperate to be relevant. Wait, did I say that out loud? Aaaanyway, with the destruction of Reimu's shrine, all attention once more turn to that red and white butterfly. This is an annoyance that just won't stand. So they want to help rebuild the shrine for her? We're not gonna have any of that. You'll just curse everyone so they won't be willing, or able, to help out.

You're the arsonist of the Moriya Shrine. You win when both town and mafia have been eliminated.

Stage 5 boss: You have a one shot elimination immunity from any source, including lynches.

Moriya Shrine Conspiracy: Once per night, you can craft a specific plot that'll keep your target occupied. This will prime them for elimination. Once you have at least one plot prepared, you can choose to release all prepared plots during a night. All the prepared individuals will scramble to fix whatever chaos it is you've caused. This counts as a nightkill, and you will learn when preparing a plot if your target is immune to night-kills or not.

Miracles of the Earth and Heavens: You can miraculously get help from Suwako and/or Kanako. Once in the game per goddess you can post Suwako/Kanako, help me! in bold. They'll add their vote to yours for the rest of the day, essentially giving you a two-shot extra vote.

Spellcards:

Giant Catfish Earthquake (9): Scatter, One day cooldown

Thundering Carp Storm (9): Laser, One day cooldown

Thaumaturgic Miracle (6): Scatter, no cooldown

---

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ...WOOOOO INCONSISTENT POWERS!!
  • Sweet. Sorry for doubting. I'm still confused why he'd have done that, but good outcome.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Uh...That Moriya Shrine Conspiracy sounds awfully like Melali's claimed/demonstrated power.
    YES. DOWN A SCUM.

GDI Luce you post ninja. Now my enjoyment is extremely down. >:(

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kiradawea said:

Moriya Shrine Conspiracy: Once per night, you can craft a specific plot that'll keep your target occupied. This will prime them for elimination. Once you have at least one plot prepared, you can choose to release all prepared plots during a night. All the prepared individuals will scramble to fix whatever chaos it is you've caused. This counts as a nightkill, and you will learn when preparing a plot if your target is immune to night-kills or not.

Bolding so folks know what I'm talking about specifically.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Remind me of Melali's power, @Luce?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yes - I think Melali is certainly a target still. I also think Luce being nightkill immune is potentially a Godfather figure of the other cult.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Melali said:
    I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, a powerful oni. I'm just sticking around, using my great strength to carry construction materials.

Every night, I can spar with people (which they don't notice). I then know whether or not they are weak or strong (vulnerable to nightkills or not) and, since I'm not weak, I can go all out once on someone, killing a weak person.

I knew that Ileein was immune to nightkills after the first night. Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara are all weak/vulnerable to nightkills. I was then jailed last night. Other than that, I haven't done any actions.
    Plus finding out I'm immune.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Synkarin said:
    Yes - I think Melali is certainly a target still. I also think Luce being nightkill immune is potentially a Godfather figure of the other cult.
    Tamashi could see who I was. I can't be the Godfather of the other cult.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    FINALLY we get some straight forward answers. That was really well played.

I agree that @Melali's power seems extra suspect now. 

I'M STILL SUPER SUS ABOUT YARITH...

but yes, Melali, if you would kindly offer a defence as to why we shouldn't be lynching you, that would be fantastic.

• Guys.. I think Falmiis might be the arsonist he kept bringing up. 
  • Ssaliss, I don't suppose you can copy another charge from Vivet? If not, have you tried copying Melali?

I'll be asking if recruits keep their town power tonight, though I'm still pretty sure the answer is yes so if anybody has a more clever question I'm all ears.
  • Zitto's power seems more like he won't be surprised if his arson doesn't work. So, basically, he would try to curse someone and then find out it doesn't work. 

My confirmed ability is investigation only, as I discover if someone is weak or strong. Incidentally, I also get a one shot vigilante power. 

Anyway, do you suspect that I am also an arsonist? A Godfather? Well, most likely there aren't 2 arsonists. and if I we're a Godfather, aka someone with more information, I would probably talk more, in an attempt to persuade people to lynch specific people. The reason I'm not saying much is because I don't have information to contribute. Most people's statements are logical at the moment, and I don't feel specific ways about any of the proposals, other than lynching me. 

Killing Zitto turned out to be good, but we didn't have any hard information connecting him to the arsons. lynching Luce might be good, as that is the only way to stump him, but that may also kill a potentially safe Town person. 

Anyway, if I had to choose someone to lynch, it would be Luce since he's the only one currently who registers as immune to night kills, which I have to assume carries some significance other than just nightkill immunity. Otherwise, why would I have the ability? Also, the other night kill immune people have been third party or Tamashi.
  • Ssaliss did copy my power before I said what it was, proving that he at least can investigate powers.