Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Mine would be moot as a stump, since they're all passive except the Last Word.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I can't steal from stumps, no.

• I think we should really see what that purification rod does. Can it be used during the day?
    No. Using it will consume my usual night action.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So hypothetically use the rod on Siam tonight, and we learn what the rod does.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ugh...see, this is why I haven't been using the full extent of my abilities since the first night. Too much ambiguity and leaves the door open to questioning and misdirection. Obviously you have a vote booster, @Zitto, can't dispute that, but everything else fits so nicely (including the pressure put on you and Iosion over the past few days) that I'm hesitant to let you entirely off the hook yet. I'm not against the suggestion that Ssaliss use his stolen one-shot either, not least because it would actually do something to verify his claim.

Regarding the probable revivification rod, is there any reason we'd use it on Siam and not on our doctor? I don't quite remember Siam's role.
    Siam's power (which I can verify because it is linked to his item the dreaded p word I dare not mention) is a super-doctor power. Which is also why I'm not convinced of Falmiis' innocence. Also, I automatically return the Pagoda to Siam so if he revives, it takes that onus off me to use it and frees me to do what I do best, steal stuff.

• super doctor? All I'm seeing about it is that he could protect somebody as normal while possessing the item, I'm not seeing 'super doctor' claims anywhere.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'd seriously call it more pseudo-doctor to super doctor. He loses the pagoda if he gets blocked or imprisoned, and I'm assuming if his target gets imprisoned as well and then has to spend the next night twiddling his thumbs while you go fetch it for him.
    So don't block or imprison him? We already know Siam is town, the only people who would block or imprison him would be scum-butts. Doing that is an immediate scumtell at this stage.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I'm just describing it using terms that were given to me. It's strong. Which I think explains how he can lose it (but fortunately he has a mason buddy who can fetch it so it's only temporary). I still don't know what to make of Falmiis given this, you see. Two doctors? Likely or not? 

• 2 night loss (one to seek, one to steal, right?) is pretty hefty in a mafia game. Add to that the conversion mechanic and Kira's habit of making sure town is rarely without access to vital powers (see: power duplication/spread here and power absorption mechanic in Gods and Monsters) and I don't think having two healers is necessarily out of the ordinary. 

My biggest concern with raising Siam is the pagoda power. It's just...strange and convoluted and I'm not sure if we're getting the whole story.
    But we have the census guaranteeing that he and Kalaneya are town, as we already saw the coroner report on Tamashi. So even if we don't like the pagoda as a power as much as we like a traditional doctor power, we are at least guaranteeing that we don't mistakenly resurrect a cultist. Like I'd love to come back to life and play, but even I know that's a bad idea since I outed how ridiculously dangerous I could be if converted.

There's literally no risk in bringing back Siam for town.

1) He's mod-confirmed as not a saboteur. We won't accidentally be buffing the enemy, and if he's resurrected, we guaranteed will be adding to the townie count which buys us time.
    2) He's a bonus mason/doctor. Two useful pro-town powers! Kalaneya is town, but bus driver is a much more swingy powerset and would be more dangerous if she got converted.
    3) Even if it's a waste of a coroner report instead of a resurrection, it'll help clarify this whole pagoda business.
    4) Even if he gets converted, Lavinya can very clearly catch on to him acting oddly via mason shenanigans, making it trickier for him to get away with an alignment shift.
    5) If someone decides to mess around and block him, we know the person with that power is shady af.

So yeah 100% would recommend using the rod on Siam. The risk is so low, honestly, and everyone else's risk level is much higher (me included).
    Daraius said:
  • Maybe I missed this, but where did we figure out that the purification rod brings someone back from the dead?
    Seems most likely for an item that can only work on stumps. We're not 100% but have to act under that assumption as the best/worst case scenario.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Might also burn the stump? Low risk, either way.
    Yes. I've had Siam in mind as the likely target I'd use it on, so Sylandra's arguments are good confirmation that I'm not thinking crazy things.

• @Breandryn, personally I think you should let us know what items are available. If I understand it the only way for people to get their hands on them is if you hand them out, or Lavinya can steal them for herself, so it's not like just anybody will be get their hands on them just from knowing what there is.

@Sylandra if you recall Tamashi's convert power had a limit of recruiting two people. From the numbers on the Census I'm pretty sure that we don't have to worry about any additional people being converted.

I'm also for using the dayvig today. It seems like we don't have a cop and we're out of coroner reports, so we really don't have a lot of great sources of info. Honestly think our best chances is going with what we suspect now and looking for a flip that'll finally give us something concrete.
  • A red and white ball. (One shot roleblocker)

The complete nightvale podcast (One shot voteblock)

A syringe of chimaera vitae (One shot doctor)

A tiny nut (One-shot +3 on fight offense)

A small vial of purple dust (Perma 1 point boost to a spellcard)

A rabbit's foot and duck feather charm (One shot rolestopper)

A massive tome (Unknown)

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well I know which one I'm getting. <_< (<3 @Kiradawea <3)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Oooh so curious about the tome....
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Oooh so curious about the tome....
    You're not the only one, heh.
  • Is it unknown because you need to study it still or is it actually just mysterious?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So what's our plan? This game is dragging on quite a bit. I think part of that is the frustration of not having as much information readily available. Quite a few people, myself included, are posting less and less (have we heard from @Melali at all?)

We should definitely get a plan going and start executing.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I say we daykill Zitto and use that information to determine who we lynch. Y/n?
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Works for me.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm down with that.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • At work, obviously object, nothing else to add to conversation.
  • Personally I'm for day vigging Zitto and seeing what happens. Then I'll probably vote for Luce.

If we don't get the arson I'll probably ask something about them, like if they have other visible powers, or if they are working alone.

Would like to see Lav use the rod on Siam tonight to see if it rezzes him or what.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Yes to daykill.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback