Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Yeah I think the full power be better now. With a fuller picture of powers and less people should be easier to figure out what's fake. I was going to suggest watching yourself if that's possible, and tracking somebody else. You're probably our strongest investigative tool at the moment and would probably be my first choice to off.
  • And re: Yarith. I'm tentatively willing to buy that a self protecting power on such a clear target could help explain our lack of night kills thus far. But I want to see what explanation he's willing to provide.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Willing to add a little extra pressure and Vote: Yarith

Though I'm not sure whether Yarith, Krackenor, or Ssaliss are the biggest targets right now, due to their various powers being the closest we have to a doctor, investigator, and vig, respectively.
  • Well, best case scenario I'll only get a vig power 25% of the time. And that is assuming I can copy already used powers, which have not been proven yet.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What's even happening to people at night? I assumed conversions were still happening, but a few people seem not to agree with that notion, and we've only seen the arson deaths re: nightkills. What's the current assumption here?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I haven't been visited in the night to my knowledge. I'm really curious too, surely by now someone would have noticed -something-, which is why I think that perhaps those who were visited were converted and as such aren't going to reveal it.

@Yarith you really need to say who visited you and when.

• Sylandra said:
    What's even happening to people at night? I assumed conversions were still happening, but a few people seem not to agree with that notion, and we've only seen the arson deaths re: nightkills. What's the current assumption here?
    If you trust me, my second question was if there was a cult, and I was told "no, but there's a limited cult power"

Then we had Tamashi's coroner report which showed she could only recruit 2 people max. So I, and others, are assuming the other suspected Godfather could also only recruit 2 max as well. This seems to be supported by the numbers from the census, which is what I expected it to be at.
    Seems weird in that scenario that no killings are taking place, then.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Uhh. I think you're missing the bit where I don't know who visited me.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Right, not who, but you said you know how many visits. So, how many visits did you have on each night you used that power.
  • Just the two when Synkarin visited, night two pretty sure, then one the night after. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    It's killing me a bit that we can't have another census and it's unlikely that anyone else is going to flip until we're down to our last scum. (Except of course for the elusive Tamashi convert.)
    Daraius said:
  • Yarith said:
    Just the two when Synkarin visited, night two pretty sure, then one the night after. 
    I had actually forgotten about your odd, anomalous claim much earlier of having know you had two visitors, where everybody else is seeing nothing unless they were blocked.  Since I don't think anybody else ever owned up to targetting you those nights, I can sort of buy those were failed kill attempts, at least enough to back off of Yarith for now.

Which leaves me most suspicious of Luce again.

Vote: Luce
  • Oh wait, sorry.

Unvote

Vote: Luce

There we go.
    My bad Yarith, for some reason I thought you knew who. 

Unvote
    Vote Luce

• Hmm. @Luce, would you mind forfeiting a duel to confirm you have no power?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's the only way I'm getting beat, apparently.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can we get a vote count, btw?
  • Luce said:
    It's the only way I'm getting beat, apparently.
    For the sake of clarification, was that a yes, no, or a non-response?
  • No need for a vote count, cause it's been a week. Sorry guys, but I'm afraid that the day phase has timed out. Not that this day seems to be going anywhere.

Oh but you get a vote count anyway. Because it's still a valuable townie tool.

Votecount:
    Luce: Ssaliss, Lavinya, Lehki (3)
    Tremula: Ushaara (1)
    Melali: Tremula (1)

With 12 volunteers, 11 of which are voting capable, it's 6 to lynch.

That's a timeout

High on successfully chasing away Zitto... to some degree. Zitto's new shrine seems to enjoy quite the popularity boom. Not the least because it's... y'know, actually a shrine and not a bunch of haf-repaired ruins, the group once more turns to weeding out more potential misfits. Some seem to suspect Luce, but before anything serious can come out of the line of questions, night arrives. With the sun sliding down over the horizon there's no chance to properly make someone leave. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to do that.

It is now night 6. Night 6 lasts for 48 hours, or until I've received all night actions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Welp, glad we used the dayvig at least.
    Daraius said:
  • Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dawn is approaching. Results of night actions are being sent out.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited November 2016
    Things seem to be going downhill. Despite previous successes, threat once more rears it's ugly head. When everyone arrives at the shrine, they do a quick head-count and find that one among them is missing from yesterday. Ssaliss isn't there, and when they try to contact him they're told that he's had to call in sick due to being forced through so many danmaku fights last night. At least it seems that everyone who is present is healthy and well. There's been no freezings done last night. Furthermore, it seems that the Seed of Unknown Form has been driven from Siam, and you can now confirm his role.

Siam was
    ---

Shou Toramaru

Kind, gentle, friendly Shou. Avatar of Bishamonten. Wielder of those annoying curvy lasers. No wonder you're infamous for your danmaku style. You managed to forget the Pagoda the last time you visited the Shrine, which means that now it's stuck somewhere underneath all this rubble. You didn't intend to stick around, but you've been dragged into this shrine reparation business. Oh well, Reimu may be a competitor, but she did help you rescue Hijiri from Makai. You suppose you'll have to provide some assistance at least.

You start the game as town and win when all threats to the Hakurei shrine have been eliminated.

Curvy lasers: The first time you participate in a danmaku fight, you gain a +6 bonus. This is reduced to +3 for your second danmaku fight. After that, everyone will have adapted to your unique strategy.

Fortune of the Pagoda: Once you've found your Pagoda, you'll get it during the first twilight, you can bless someone, making all other actions against them fail. But if you're roleblocked on a night you try to use the Pagoda, you'll lose it and can't use this power until you regain it.

Team Bishamonten: You're friends with Nazrin and can talk to them at night.

Spellcards:

Light rains from the heavens (7): Laser. No cooldown

Fortune favours the bold (9): Laser, One day cooldown

Jewels of the virtuous saint (9): Laser, One match cooldown

----

Welcome to Gensokyo's Day 7

Today's news:
    Ssaliss has been eliminated by danmaku
    Siam has been subject to a coroner report

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

------
    Work work work work work work work. The work of an investigative reporter is never done, loyal readers, and now that I've been asked use my considerable talents to their fullest, my workload has doubled! At least!

This leads me sadly little time to write for you tonight, so know that i kept a close eye on Melali the previous night, and the only one to visit him was lil' Cirno, shoving icicles up his nose. Quite a strange practice, don't you think? 

Ah well, the night is young and the clandestine movements of merciless saboteurs wait for no woman. I'm off to uncover the most devious and salacious scoops I can.

Until tomorrow,
    Aya Shameimaru
    -----

It is now day 7 in Gensokyo. With 12 volunteers it's 7 to lynch.

Darn, the rod didn't revive Siam as hoped, but at least that confirms him at last and hopefully me by proxy.

Now, who was the one who fights people at night? @Melali? That flavour sure looked like you took out @Ssaliss and I'd really like to know why because I can't see it as anything but a scummy move.

• What on earth are you disagreeing with @Maligorn ?
    Oh, damn. Was hoping for a resurrection. Coroner isn't bad though, helps confirm Lavinya's story.
    Daraius said:
  • Uh, random misclick I guess!

• Melali said:
    I am Yuugi Hoshiguma, a powerful oni. I'm just sticking around, using my great strength to carry construction materials.

Every night, I can spar with people (which they don't notice). I then know whether or not they are weak or strong (vulnerable to nightkills or not) and, since I'm not weak, I can go all out once on someone, killing a weak person.

I knew that Ileein was immune to nightkills after the first night. Siam, Ssaliss, and Ushaara are all weak/vulnerable to nightkills. I was then jailed last night. Other than that, I haven't done any actions.
    For reference. Ssaliss' elimination looks bad on Melali, guy confirmed Ssaliss was able to be nightkilled.