Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I mean, I've got obvious objections given the nature of the mechanics of your power, but I don't know what to bring to the table other than "Don't have a night power."  I'd be happy to have somebody track me for the rest of the game but I get that that's asking for too much manpower that can be better used elsewhere just to save my skin.  I'm going to prove the rest of my claim (mayor vote power on top of the one-off death immunity) on a vote on Krackenor, but I do genuinely believe he's town and I'll unvote once Kira posts a votecount showing my double-vote.

Miracle of Earth: Suwako, Help Me!
    Vote: Krackenor
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oh man I wish I could vote right now because I do not at all believe "I had no night power can't explain why you could track me" for one second. Fishy fishy fishy.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Krackenor's logic really does make sense. What a flakey response, Zitto.

Vote Zitto

Lavinya said:
    I robbed Breandryn. I also had doubts about Falmiis because of stealing the pagoda and knowing its power - which no one so much as asked about. I have been a bit distracted lately and could have pushed it harder but Othero still bothered me. 

Now what? I have an item I can use on a stump but i have no idea what it does so I'm hesitant. 
    Also oooh, just saw this. Would love to see what your item does, but if it's a resurrection I have to rule myself out because cult now knows I'm a day-ender with Last Words. :C

Can you investigate the item tonight to find out what it does, @Lavinya?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    As far as I am aware I don't have the ability to investigate the item, I'm just a simple thief. I'll check with Kira but I doubt I will be able to. 

I did consider that it might allow me to revive say, Siam - he would get the pagoda back which is a super doctor power and I would be free to use my other items. But if it's a coroner power it would be a waste. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, HNGH.

I think it's safest to use on Siam, technically. If it's a one-time use, we get a one-time heal. If it's a resurrection, we get someone we've already confirmed is town + mason + doctor. If it's coroner, sure it's not ideal, but it's just another way of assuring us how Siam's power works. We don't technically lose anything in that scenario, though we don't gain much either.

What's the item, can I ask?
    Daraius said:
    (but if Siam comes back to life, I swear to Remiu he betta vote smart and behave himself. Because that act he was pulling earlier was anti-town and not cute at all)
    Daraius said:
    Ok I re-read my messages. The item I have is what looks like Reimu's purification rod. I don't know how to use it, only it's probably best not to use it on anyone except a stump. I also don't have the power to determine the power of an item.

If the rod means anything to any of you who know the theme, do speak up. A brief search earlier didn't really give me much insight.

•  I agree that using it on Siam is a safe idea. Kalaneya and him are the only ones we know for sure are not scum. 

Although "It's best not to use it on a non-stump" does that mean you still could use it?
    No, that was the flavour but I was told the rod can only be used on a stump.

• I tried to protect Lavinya last night and the night before that I protected myself. I actually had two charges of self-protect. Regretting not using the second charge last night :(
  • I'm not saying it's impossible, but I find it odd that any scum would have a lynchproof power. It would, essentially, punish us for guessing correctly.

Also, Krackenor seeing Iosion visiting Weiwae night zero could be attributed to him using both powers at once. He was told it would be hazardous, and it could be that he essentially tracked a random person instead of Iosion.

His report that Falmiis was blocked from visiting Weiwae on night three, however, definitely seems to indicate that Falmiis was not the arsonist.
  • Yes, I was marisa.

If I could I'd be voting for Iosion/Zitto right now :(
  • Honestly, the people I suspect the most at this point are Luce and Lehki. There is no real way to confirm Lehki's power, and Luce only have his power from duels. There's also the whole "phoenix" thing with him, which would suit an arsonist (although that would be rather on the nose).
  • Vote count:

Zitto:
    Krackenor, Lavinya (2)
    Krackenor: Zitto, Suwako (2)

With 13 volunteers, 12 of which are voting capable, it's 7 to lynch.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Vote: Zitto

I agree, he's best choice. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    So if we assume Lehki's theory is correct, and the arsonist is solo actor, do we think any of Falmiis, Sylandra and Weiwae were converted earlier? Daypost did say we have room for few more mistakes, so it's possible that the arsonist did take a saboteur out for us.

For my own part, I'm not fully convinced on the arsonist as a solo agent, and think Tamashi's second could have inherited the ability to recruit one other, since Tamashi had only used one conversion. We'd still get the same 5 saboteurs without the questions of why the second mafia group aren't killing.

But since we do have the luxury of a few mistakes, I'm good with voting Zitto. I don't think he'll flip, since I think arsonist is a member of the second mafia group, but since in the worst case we're not losing much if he's town, and if he is a saboteur, the double vote is dangerous coming into endgame.

Vote Zitto
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Have we all agreed we aren't sharing Last Words just yet, because the only things I have that haven't been revealed fully are that and the reason I duel.

Ushaara can corroborate that, I can't be targeted by anyone I beat that day.

So, Vote: Zitto and let's see where this goes.

Slightly miffed someone gave away all of my cards and their strengths. Means nobody's going to duel me again this game.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I, too, vote Zitto in spirit!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Huh, I've been willing to think Ssaliss's and Luce's alignments are town but their behavior today is weird. (Pointing a finger at Lehki, really? He's been playing pretty consistently town imo.) Luce is just oddly defensive today, both at Lavinya and now Weiwae. And his insistence that he duels "for a reason" is so vague it is starting to worry me. Iunno. It's a bit weird.
    Daraius said:
    @Luce did you gain anything specific to my role when you dueled me?
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've had a pretty rough couple of days, snippyness is from a fairly big headache and the fact that I almost feel like the Pagoda thing is being intentionally misrepresented. Seriously, we get it. Pagoda acts as a slightly less reliable doctor.

I also revealed exactly why I duel in that post, you'll note. To reiterate though, anyone I beat in a spellcard duel is unable to target me that night. I don't learn anything, especially since my cards are demonstrably stronk, but it was a layer of protection that I was quite happy to keep hold of, now considerably less useful since everyone knows the number they have to aim for to try me.

At this point the only utility I bring to town is to be pointed at someone we need to eat the ability/resilience of as a form of pressure.
  • Krackernor's reasoning is pretty sound, I'm just not liking the idea of Arsonist that also has a death resist and extra vote weight, seems odd. Though who can say.

I'm thinking tonight I'll ask either about if town that got recruited keep their town powers, or, if we don't get the arsonist today maybe ask if the arsonist has other powers. Open to suggestions on what to ask still.

Personally I'm still most suspicous of Melali, for his odd power claims, and lack of useful info. @Yarith has also slipped back under the radar. I kind of suspect that he might be one of the recruited Town.
  • Sylandra said:
    Huh, I've been willing to think Ssaliss's and Luce's alignments are town but their behavior today is weird. (Pointing a finger at Lehki, really? He's been playing pretty consistently town imo.) Luce is just oddly defensive today, both at Lavinya and now Weiwae. And his insistence that he duels "for a reason" is so vague it is starting to worry me. Iunno. It's a bit weird.
    Thing is, even a scum can play consistently as town. In fact, it's in their best interest to do so. At this point, I'm looking at who the arsonist might be. And you have to admit, a claim that is completely impossible to prove is a relatively weak claim. On the other hand, an arson with both extra vote weight and a lynch protection is extremely odd, at least to me.
  • Also, I didn't get a new doll of Vivet, but that was because I already had one. I got the feeling from the message that I would've gotten one had I used up my Vivet doll.

So; @Krackenor, mind if I leech another doll off of you?
  • Honestly one of the biggest reasons I didn't reveal my knowledge earlier was because I was worried people would think I was pulling the same shit I did when I made that big reveal post about bombs and secret messages in the PokeMafia. 

I could probably prove the commuter power if people really wanted, but that seems like a waste of time and actions. I know I'm pretty much asking people to trust me on faith, but most of the info I've provided has lined up. I was able to predict how many scum showed up on the Census report. I said there were 4 different night kill powers, and we have evidence for that number at the moment, though as I said suspicion of Melali's claim. Told you the Arson did not use duels to mark targets, and, looking back through the logs, nobody dueled all 3 of Sylandra, Weiwae, and Falmiis, so that checks out.  Even if I was scum, I think I'd have trouble predicting all of that.
  • Really, it wouldn't be that hard to predict at all. Let's see here...
    Lehki said:
    Night 0:
    Q: How many different factions/groups are there?
    A: There's 3 scum groups/factions, and 6 third parties.
    We really only have your word for the number of factions. Also, if you're part of a scum faction, then you'd know there are at least two factions (you'd know the number of your own faction and the census told you how many there were in total). Add one just in case there are more teams than you think. As for the third parties, we already had two revealed and done with; saying there is a third, even if there are more, means that the rest of the third parties are going "Oops, Lehki knows I exist, I better keep quiet". I mean, even at this point, we haven't seen the third third party show up, so there might not even be one. And if no more third parties show up, we'll just keep assuming that they keep quiet for their own benefit.
    Lehki said:
    Night 1:
    Q: Is there a cult or something similar?
    A:  The answer basically boiled down to there's no standard cult, but a cult like power existed in the game.
    We already had Tamashi's reveal. No surprises there.
    Lehki said:
    Night 2:
    Q: How many different night kills are there?
    A: Was told that there are four killing powers in the game, though there may be more than 4 people who can kill.
    We had already had several reveals at this point, and there's no real harm in saying there are more kills than there actually are. If you say there are three kills and a fourth pops up, then yeah, you're in trouble. However, if you say there are four kills, and there are actually only three, then we'll never know, since we'll assume someone is hiding a kill.
    Lehki said:
    Night 3:
    Q: Is there any theme or reason for why the characters who are in scum group together, are together, or is it just a random assortment of girls?
    A: I got a rundown of the god father's recruiting power, and was going to role reveal that day, but the coroner report came up and had basically all the info I just learned, which was good, but had me wishing I asked something else, heh.
    Again, an answer without any substance in it. You even admitted there was nothing new in this answer.
    Lehki said:
    Night 4:
    Q: Does the arsonist or anybody use duels to mark targets?
    A: No. 
    This might be the only question that actually has some value to it... although again, I had argued more than once that the arson using duels to mark targets wouldn't make sense, so there's little risk in predicting the above. Plus, if an arson blew up everyone that someone had dueled, well, coincidence, I guess?

In short, none of your answers give any real details or proofs. That's why I suggest that your power is unprovable. To be honest, though, I can't really think of a way to prove it either. If you are the arson and part of a scum group, then no matter what questions we put towards you, you'll be able to answer it to our satisfaction.

Yes, I'm slightly paranoid. Then again, this is mafia, so that should kinda be the starting point for everyone.
  • Paranoia is totally fair, and I'll admit again, yeah I'm mostly hoping people will trust me on faith and playstyle. Not much else to be said on this matter I think, unless anybody else wants to weigh in.
  • @Ssaliss - I get what you're saying but that would be SUCH an elaborate lie (he could have just said something basic if he was going to lie about his ability) that I'm inclined to believe it's the truth.

@lavinya - can you get items to me somehow? I can research them and give them back (or to another person)
    @Breandryn any reason you haven't opened shop?
    Daraius said: