Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Can somebody point me at where padoga discussion starts?
  • Oh, Lehki, is there any new info from the questions to Kiradawea? Is it possibly worth the time to spend a question on the veracity of news reports or at least how their content relates to true facts?
  • Nope, I can't tell you how it works. You robbed me before I could research it. :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Unless it's stolen, you only lose the pagoda if you try to use it and you get roleblocked in any way. Lavinya has an ability to find it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Nuts and bolts. Dead.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Zitto as I said, I decided to use my commuter power last night instead, for a couple of reasons. I'm hoping that saved me from the arsonist or any other killers that night have come looking.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Woah wtf Luce, chill. The relevance to the pagoda is that it's a doctor power. No one asked about the power. I suspect Falmiis claim to having the same power. I'm not debating who has the pagoda or whatever - I have it, I stole it from Yarith.

I know how the item I stole last night works. The item I don't know about, i stole from the temple a little while ago. Kira wouldn't explain it's  use except it can only be used on a stump. Maybe it's a resurrection, maybe it's a coroner power, idk. I'm certainly not inclined to use it thoughtlessly or with any risk of reviving a threat. 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No one asked about it because we were flat out told that's what it did when Siam brought it up.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm.

A few points of interest.

I roleblocked Falmiis two nights ago. Kira seemed to forget to apply the effect before it came into discussion during the last day phase, but applied it retroactively and without apparent (that I can see) issue. Falmiis did mention receiving notice that he had been blocked after all, and I can confirm that my roleblock did get consumed.

So it seems very strange that there is reporting that he doused himself that night, and successfully arson/suicided last night. Hopefully not an extension of prior kerfuffle, but I feel like this confirms that Falmiis isn't really the arsonist.

A better question for now - why would the arsonist elect to detonate now instead of stalling for longer? We now know for sure that there is an arsonist (this is no longer up for debate), and that the priming must be undetectable to the victims (unless Sylandra/Weiwae/Falmiis can confirm otherwise). This is some pretty useful information to have, which the arsonist could have elected to withhold from us for a while longer.

Also, @Siam, this Buddha's Diamond that Tremula is bringing up isn't one of your cards, is it? I recall Light Rains From the Heavens and Fortune Favours the Bold, but not a third. I feel like this card only really fits with you at this point, unless there is someone pretending to be a person they are not. To review, in case I might be off:

Ileein = Pollux
    Celina = Ratatoskr
    Yarith = Shu

Tamashi = Miko
    Vivet = Kasen
    Sylandra = Mima
    Othero = Yuuka
    Falmiis = Shinki
    Ssaliss = Alice
    Zitto = Sanae
    Luce = Mokou
    Krackenor = Aya
    Melali = Yuugi
    Ushaara = Shikieiki
    Synkarin = Cirno
    Breandryn = Rinnosuke
    Weiwae = Marisa
    Siam = Shou
    Lavinya = Nazrin
    Tremula = Kyouko
    Kalaneya = Mamizou
    Lehki = Sumireko

By Ushaara's last census report, we are inclined to believe that both Siam and Kalaneya were not working against the reconstruction effort.

I was kind of waiting for some sort of explanation about Zitto's lynch-blocking doll, too, but it's not really come up again. It was supposedly just an innate power, but something about that feels off to me. Pretty much all of our powers are directly tied to our character's flavour, or possibly items (like the pagoda). Sanae has no real flavour associated with dolls that I'm aware of, and this is still itching at the back of my head and making me uncomfortable.

@Breandryn, you haven't noticed any other thefts otherwise, I assume?

• Nope. 2 thefts, both from @Lavinya, which I think is smart of her to do. I've been holding off on giving away items because I didn't want them wasted. The only item I've given away so far was to Weiwae, as I've been suspicious of him and wanted to see what he did. I gave him a fairly weak early-game/strong late-game item. This may still be floating around somewhere. I was on the fence about giving away an item last night, but ended up forgetting to PM, so nothing went out anyways.

Last night's kills puts us way further into the game, so I think speeding up distribution will probably help. If you can specify which items to steal, I can tell you the ones to grab.
  • By specify, I mean, if she can say which item she is stealing.
    @Vivet nope. Here are my cards:

Light rains from the heavens (7): Laser. 

Fortune favours the bold (9): Laser

Jewels of the virtuous saint (9): Laser

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Luce said:
    No one asked about it because we were flat out told that's what it did when Siam brought it up.
    If you recall, Siam was voted off because no one believed him or how his power worked.

I'm sorry me bringing up the one piece of tangible information I have to play with is so incredibly frustrating. :/

@Breandryn I don't seem to get any choice, I was told if the person has more than 1 item, I get a random one. 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Vivet can we look back at the people who were getting heavily pressured by people with the ability, or suspected ability, to kill yesterday? Perhaps they ignited in panic because they believed they were going to be targetted that night for roleblocking/killing and wanted to make sure they got some kills off. 

I wish I could tell you more about the spellcards, but I only get the card information, not who I got it from. The flavour isn't exactly helpful either, I venture into some sort of mountainous...astral area (which fits with my character's original home, I think?) and search for power, and I find a spellcard each time. No clues like 'an icy sheen surrounds this' which would link it to Cirno, just discovery in various, mountainy locations. I've found one under a rock, another in a cave entrance, and the buddha diamond at the summit of a half-sized mountain. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Arsonists can ignite more than once right?

#bringShikariback 

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Siam said:
    Should be able to, yeah. Still thinking about who might have been pressured, hmm.

Have we ever seen any of Melali's spellcards ever? I can't seem to recall any of them.

• @Vivet I can't quote the actual flavor-text with the description, but the description ascribed the survivability to being a sort-of goddess.  I would guess the doll is just how Kira chose to implement surviving the lynch.  I can back up being Sanae by invoking Suwako and Kanako.  I'd like to save them for when we really need the vote power, but I could use one now to demonstrate the power if people feel it's necessary.

Still haven't managed to get through the backlog.  I've got family visiting this weekend so I'm not particularly likely get current in the near future and I'm feeling more like I'm just going to have to wing it.  Is the current consensus based on the census that we have two scum groups left, the arsonists and another either mafia or cult?  I have an oddball theory based on the lack of other night-kills, but lack the data to think it all the way through at the moment.
  • The census revealed that there were 5 scum alive and 1 dead (Tamashi) at the time Ushaara put it through.

Based on the info I got from Kira we know that the scum is split into 3 groups.

From the coroner report on Tamashi we know she was a godfather and had to recruit two other players, and since she died the first day and didn't flip we know she did recruit somebody first night.

Because the census report we had at the beginning had a total of 4 scum(3 original+Tamashi's recruit) and we're now at 6(5 living + 1 dead) it's fairly safe to conclude that there was a second godfather that could recruit 2 players, and that Tamashi's recruit did not inherent the recruit power.

So right now we seem to be sitting on a lone arsonist, a three person scum group(though possible the arsonist just killed some of them), and a lone scum. 

I haven't asked about it yet but I am almost positive that recruited scum keep their town powers, so I have the feeling that the lone scum may just be playing as a town until the endgame when they'll basically switch to a SK.
  • Oh, also @Weiwae, @Sylandra, and @Falmiis. I'm gonna guess no, but did you get any night PMs with flavor for being arson'd that might give us a hint?
  • Vivet said:
    Siam said:
    Should be able to, yeah. Still thinking about who might have been pressured, hmm.

Have we ever seen any of Melali's spellcards ever? I can't seem to recall any of them.

Melali used the spellcard Tango for Two in an exhibition duel with Luce.
  • Also, I was blocked last night by a hug-monster. Unfortunately, that also made me waste my doll of Krackenor.

Speaking of which, @Krackenor, could you summarise who you saw doing what each night?
  • Oh, right, @Vivet, still up for our experiment?
  • Alright so going through all the claims I can remember. Bolded ones that we've had some form of mod confirmation that they were definitely the source of an action. Italics for ones that have been confirmed through other players, or they claimed to be the source of something and nobody has counter claimed.

Ileein = Pollux (3p) (investigator)
    Celina = Ratatoskr (3p) (vote stealer)
    Yarith = Shu (jailer)

Tamashi = Miko (scum) (God father)
    Vivet = Kasen (jack of all trades)(dayvig)
    Sylandra = Mima (executioner+weakening)
    Othero = Yuuka (needs super majority)(consequences for challenging)
    Falmiis = Shinki (doctor)
    Ssaliss = Alice (copycat)
    Zitto = Sanae (lynch resist)(extra vote power)
    Luce = Mokou (Last word, immune to nightkills) ???
    Krackenor = Aya (investigator/tracker)
    Melali = Yuugi (checks people for night kill immunity, can kill them) ???
    Ushaara = Shikieiki (Coroner/census taker)(blocker)
    Synkarin = Cirno (vote block/vote everybody)
    Breandryn = Rinnosuke (makes/examines items)
    Weiwae = Marisa (copy spell cards)
    Siam = Shou (town)
    Lavinya = Nazrin (thief)
    Tremula = Kyouko (echo shield)(gets random cards)
    Kalaneya = Mamizou (town)
    Lehki = Sumireko(commuter)(ask mod questions)

Now if I'm right that recruits keep their town powers, this might not help us finding them at all. But think this can help us narrow down on the other Godfather and the Arsonist.

Right now Luce's and Melali's claims are feeling very weak to me. And I'm actually still kind of suspicious of Othero. 
    That's really helpful Lehki. I can't help but feel the same. 

I'm still not convinced Falmiis was the doctor as he claimed. Would the arsonist kill themselves? Perhaps, if it didn't interfere with their win condition. He may have been a member of the mafia team.

I want to hear more about Luce and Melali (who I think is still way too quiet). Definitely feeling suspicious.

I'm not sure the Falmiis would ignite themselves, though, unless someone here has the power to force ignition -and- kill the arsonist at the same time.

#bringShikariback 

• @Kalaneya, did you ever bus Falmiis with anyone? That might explain the self-immolation.
    I'd like to know if anyone got Yarith's roleblock hug message last night. If no one was blocked by Yarith on the same night the arsonist nuked 3 folks, Yarith has a lot of explaining to do.

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    I'd like to know if anyone got Yarith's roleblock hug message last night. If no one was blocked by Yarith on the same night the arsonist nuked 3 folks, Yarith has a lot of explaining to do.
    I already posted about being attacked by a hug-monster. I assume that was Yarith.
  • The only reason anybody suspects Falmiis of arsonist is because of Aya's report, right? I'm still convinced that was just that tabloid journalist flavor of it, but hopefully @Krackenor can comment on that at let us know what's going on there?