Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Anyone can take items if I do. Its first come first serve and I have a limited cache of items. They aren't infinite, so I've been holding off as I don't want them in the hands of scum. 
  • I was debating opening shop earlier as an anonymous way to see who did what with items, but I got outted that round when I was robbed :p
  • Breandryn said:
    @Ssaliss - I get what you're saying but that would be SUCH an elaborate lie (he could have just said something basic if he was going to lie about his ability) that I'm inclined to believe it's the truth.
    Well, I kinda forced Lehki into it by saying I couldn't copy any ability after our duel. That would mean it couldn't have been a basic power (doctor, investigator, blocker etc) but rather an exotic power with enough reason behind it that I wouldn't be able to copy it.
  • True, but the reason he came up with is complex enough that it just doesn't seem like the sort of thing someone would make up, when he could have said something much more simple. I mean, if he is lying, now he has to make up new questions and answers each round? He could have claimed something else. I doubt you would get anything from duelling me, for example. His claim is definitely not the safest or most logical one if he was making it to deflect from the truth.

That said, I can totally buy it being a half-truth. I don't think he's making things up wholecloth but he could be tweaking answers and have an alignment that's anti-town.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lol I'm sorry! I don't think I can transfer my items, no. 

• Heh it's fine. I was on the fence about the item shop anyways. For context, an item shop sale right now would take half my items. If people want one, I can totally hold one.
  • Breandryn said:
    @Ssaliss - I get what you're saying but that would be SUCH an elaborate lie (he could have just said something basic if he was going to lie about his ability) that I'm inclined to believe it's the truth.

@lavinya - can you get items to me somehow? I can research them and give them back (or to another person)
    Yo to be fair that's what I was doing for a lot of the last game
  • Oh. Well in that case, burn the bug.
  • Wanted to make good on my word earlier.  Suwako's vote showed up, so:

Unvote Krackenor
    Vote Nobody

Regarding me, Krackenor has presented something unarguably compelling.  It is possible that he has some agenda for lying, but I really doubt it and suspect that his investigation did report a visit by Iosion.  I don't have a night power and by definition Krack's power would show a visit no matter what.  I get what Syl is saying in regards to "Oh, how convenient that you don't have a night power," but I don't know what else you'd expect in that I already revealed, and by now have demonstrated my powers. 

I really don't think Lehki is scum, based on overall behavior.  It would be the Hail Mary of Mafia plays, and as far as lies go I can't see "I should lock myself into having to make a prediction about the game each day knowing I'll be the first against the wall if any one them are even a little wrong," feeling like a good strategic plan.

That said, I am definitely sharing Ssaliss' feelings of paranoia.  Kiradawea is a Mafia-organizing evil genius and I have a lot of trouble believing two scum groups have both failed thus far to manage a night-kill if their goal is to murder enough people to achieve majority.  It would be a miracle of poor targeting/amazing protecting.  If they lack a night-kill mechanic but still have the goal of out-numbering people, they have to have some other way of getting there.  The idea of scum having the objective "Trick the town into lynching themselves to a loss" is just not really in keeping with the distinction between scum and town.  I would be very nervous about the prospect of passing out items randomly (I believe this is the function of the item sale?) when we not only have no firm ideas about who might be scum but not even a clue what their win conditions might be.  Even if we do want to lynch me (and with this being the week Washington DC audits my department, I'm not particularly opposed to the notion), I really think this is something we should be exploring before ending the day.
  • That's pretty much why the only item I gave out was done in an investigative way, to see how Weiwae would use it. He then promptly caught on fire, so oh well for that. I just don't want to get in the way of town, if people have better plans for the items.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm deeply curious who would use the items in what way, personally. It's one method of figuring out who's friend or foe. Though of course it would be disastrous to give someone too many anti-town abilities (lol says the anti-town miller), it would be helpful in that we'd see who used those powers in, well, an anti-town way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Well the trouble is that now that my role is known, and people won't be using the items in ways that are overtly suspicious, or they'll save them for a major play.
    Will the recipient know what the item is for? Or will it be like Lavinya and the purification rod?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • She got that from the shrine, not me. Recipients will know how to use items they get from me.
  • Could you tell us what items you have available?
  • Bleh. I've been really busy finalising my end of examinations. 

Anyway! That's all done and I can check in. At the least Ssaliss can't be the active arsonist, bleh.
    I'm going to withhold my vote for just a little bit.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • So. At this point, I'll

Vote: Luce

As I said before, for me it's between him and Lehki, and even though I'm in no way satisfied with Lehki's innocence, Luce seems the better choice at this point. His power to block someone from acting on him would definitely tie in well with an arson power. In fact, that power definitely sounds "town" in my ears; it rather seems a personal defense.
    Does your kill from Vivet not work on Luce, Ssaliss? (Sorry, having trouble keeping track.)

Because hey, honestly, why not off Luce and Zitto both today? We have the means to. It's kind of risky but depending on if a daykill flips... We could learn stuff that informs the lynch.

These thoughts brought to you by 2am.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've played arsons before. There would be far more than three dead town members. Honestly, we should be looking at people who had suspicion on them yesterday, because unless the arsonist thought they were in danger, last night was an odd time to choose to play Firestarter.
  • Breandryn said:
    That's pretty much why the only item I gave out was done in an investigative way, to see how Weiwae would use it. He then promptly caught on fire, so oh well for that. I just don't want to get in the way of town, if people have better plans for the items.
    I was wondering why I got that Item, and how in the world I would know who to use it on.
  • Sylandra said:
    Does your kill from Vivet not work on Luce, Ssaliss? (Sorry, having trouble keeping track.)

Because hey, honestly, why not off Luce and Zitto both today? We have the means to. It's kind of risky but depending on if a daykill flips... We could learn stuff that informs the lynch.

These thoughts brought to you by 2am.
    I assume it would (can't remember if Melali investigated him or not), but I'd rather not off him without support. If others want me to, though, I'm certainly willing to give it a shot.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Luce said:
    I've played arsons before. There would be far more than three dead town members. Honestly, we should be looking at people who had suspicion on them yesterday, because unless the arsonist thought they were in danger, last night was an odd time to choose to play Firestarter.
    Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with this. Still think it was an odd time to ignite instead of priming more people.
  • It's possible there may have been some limit on the number of people they could prep, or maybe the number of days before they had to ignite?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So the rational, logical explanation is that it's more likely Kira altered the role of one of the more difficult to play roles to make it more difficult to play, and not that a traditional arsonist felt some pressure and wanted to set off their power while they could still do some damage?

We already can account for the lack of notice that you've been doused by Kira's reluctance to show people results of night actions that won't change their actions' reasoning.

I've stated that I have no night actions, and you can have Krackenor follow me if you need to confirm that, since I theoretically wouldn't see either a jailing or a block due to the afforementioned self-watcher clause.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm back and feeling much better, thanks for asking but I did manage to read yesterday in the midst of doldrums. I can understand why we find Luce somewhat suspicious, but I also think of Sylandra's powers and how she  is town. Didn't we have a discussion days ago that we wouldn't be able to judge personalities based on the powers they possess? Luce's character is one whose entire point is being strong, so being able to just...konk her out wouldn't make much sense in the world universe. I'm fairly certain that flower giant, and probably Yarith (though he's not from the universe) are probably nightkill immune (or have xshot of) just because of how ridiculously strong they are. I am slightly suspicious of Ssaliss seeming eager to knock out two people at once. It's great if they're both scum, but if they aren't, then...well, we're that much closer to MyLo LyLo, aren't we?

I do find an arsonist with mayor's power slightly plausible in this weird game setup (It's not bad, just weird) since it was very likely multiple targets could be roleblocked through game mechanics, causing them to be unable to be effective if they couldn't swing votes in their favour and cinch a vote or two.

Zitto had pressure on him yesterday, he could be the arsonist. Who else had pressure on them yesterday?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I'm definitely on board the Zitto-makes-most-sense-as-arsonist train. I think he's a good candidate for a daykill, honestly, and then if he flips or doesn't flip we still have a dayphase to analyze what that means.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Have we also considered the fact that there could be a stump with powers? The only other time I've ever played a game with "stumps" was a real life mafia, and we had a large group of people. We thought we'd gotten every killer but hadn't won, and we kept losing one person each night, starting with the protector, then the doctor, and then the rest of us one by one. It was only until one of the "vanilla" townies admitted they had a power to burn stumps that we pieced together we had to question the people who were out-but-not-fully of the game. 

That was a fairly vanilla mafia setup, though, with those being the two odd roles out in a large group of experienced players. I'm not saying it would transfer well to the forums or that it even exists, but medium/seance/revenge kills have existed in the past. Could our arsonist have already died and he ignited everyone on his death?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Sounds like Lavinya's rod is good to use.

Also, do we want me sharing what the items do? I don't know if we want everyone knowing what extra powers we have on hand.

Also, Lavinya, can you rob me if I'm a stump?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That's a good question, I don't actually know. I will ask!

Can't speak for anyone else but my powers no longer work as a stump.
    Daraius said: