Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Of course. I'm sure you and Tremula are both eager to see it in use, if nothing else.
  • Vivet whatever you were lookng to prove with your duel with ssaliss you can prove by doing the same challenge with me.
    I'm not looking to prove anything, though. I'm simply open for whatever. Do you not want me challenging Ssaliss?
  • Sylandra said:
    Yeah that's why I was confused. Ileein stated he knew names, not alignment. Good to clarify all around.

Names and powers. 
  • Vivet said:
    I'm not looking to prove anything, though. I'm simply open for whatever. Do you not want me challenging Ssaliss?
    I want you to accept my challenge with the same card and wager that you accepted for ssalis. Why are you trying to read anything else into this?
    Ah, well. I suppose if you want more indication I am Kasen, then a new spellcard is in store.

I accept your challenge, Weiwae. We shall fight simply to be a little showy, and you shall be met with Stalking Tiger.

Oh, hmm. I took too long posting, but I guess I can redo.
  • ... What are you trying to pull here? You ask me what I wanted then did the opposite? Why did you ask ssaliss to challenge you?
    Weiwae said:
    I want you to accept my challenge with the same card and wager that you accepted for ssalis. Why are you trying to read anything else into this?
    There are a lot of reasons to challenge to spellcard duels, as we have learned over time. I feel like it is a wasted opportunity to not discuss the matter and try to take a look at what you're up to in kind, and I kind of scratch my head whenever people wager without talking over it first.

So, assuming @Kiradawea is willing to accept this change:

I accept your challenge, Weiwae. We shall fight for resiliency, and you shall be met with Monkey Climbs the Tree.

Weiwae said:
    ... What are you trying to pull here? You ask me what I wanted then did the opposite? Why did you ask ssaliss to challenge you?
    I asked Ssaliss and Luce since they both seem to have additional effects tied into spellcard dueling, and therefore might be more interested than other parties.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We just found out a mafia godfather was using duels to find out crap about us including, but not limited to,"who is convertable and not in the automobile sense." So yeah caution makes sense to me. 
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    We just found out a mafia godfather was using duels to find out crap about us including, but not limited to,"who is convertable and not in the automobile sense." So yeah caution makes sense to me. 
    Don't forget about Last Words, either. We've been told they're essentially abilities that only activate when you lose, so if someone maneuvered specifically to lose, that'd be an interesting ploy to try out.

Not that I'd mind that either. Up for being the guinea pig again as needed.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hrm...since it's nothing but exhibition and this is mostly so I can see my own flavour text and watch what happens (to see if it will get stronger like i hope it will), I'd like to weave an echo whield around Weiwae! Vivet wouldn't have last words spellcards and her ccccccccccccrazy powers, or perhaps she isn't expecting to have to use it so soon. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I'm pretty sure Sunspark would beat Monkey Climbs the Tree without any support, not sure about the other one. Either way, I have no Last Word and all my spellcards have short cooldowns - Monkey Climbs the Tree has no cooldown at all, and the other two only have a cooldown of one match. I doubt any of my spellcards are especially strong, and I'm more meant to try to figure out typing if I want to win.
  • I've been in the middle of a move last few days, and probably another day or two before I can be active again, but I have been reading the thread on mobile to keep up.

I've been trying to puzzle out if the supposed cult and arsonist (would still really like something more concrete on that @Falmiis )that we have, are part of the 4 saboteurs the census picked up on.

Also, if we believe Tamashi that her duels were actually about finding conversion targets, then we probably need to keep an eye on anybody that she correctly identified. We know her group isn't done yet since she didn't flip, so probably they can still convert, but might have to go blind without her to identify any further targets beyond the ones she'd already pointed out 
  • Or, Tamashi is pulling the cult thing in order to confuse us, and there actually isn't a cult. Plus, a cult starting with four people seems more than a bit powerful, considering how information starved the game is in general.

I've already said it before, but I think the reason all of us seem to have the "You start as town" win condition is because some might have a condition that makes them flip to a different win condition. That, to me, makes more sense in a relatively blind game as this one is. It could even be that some people have already hit that condition and have flipped.
  • Also, FYI, right now we're two days away from defaulting to no lynch. Just pointing that out.
  • Also also, just to add some information to stuff (take it as you wish; put in spoiler tags to reduce spam):
    [spoiler]

Day Zero 214  posts
    Kiradawea 34 15,89%
    Sylandra 25 11,68%
    Siam 21 9,81%
    Ssaliss 21 9,81%
    Tamashi 13 6,07%
    Iosion 12 5,61%
    Vivet 12 5,61%
    Lehki 10 4,67%
    Tremula 9 4,21%
    Luce 8 3,74%
    CyndarinAscends 8 3,74%
    Yarith 8 3,74%
    Breandryn 5 2,34%
    Othero 5 2,34%
    Kalaneya 3 1,40%
    Lavinya 3 1,40%
    Synkarin 3 1,40%
    Melali 3 1,40%
    Weiwae 3 1,40%
    Ileein 3 1,40%
    Falmiis 2 0,93%
    Ushaara 2 0,93%
    Krackenor 1 0,47%

Day One 1011 posts
    Tamashi 127 12,56%
    Iosion 81 8,01%
    Vivet 77 7,62%
    Luce 74 7,32%
    Sylandra 73 7,22%
    Ileein 71 7,02%
    Yarith 51 5,04%
    Ssaliss 41 4,06%
    Othero 40 3,96%
    Siam 39 3,86%
    Lehki 37 3,66%
    Kalaneya 35 3,46%
    Kiradawea 33 3,26%
    Ushaara 31 3,07%
    Tremula 31 3,07%
    Breandryn 29 2,87%
    CyndarinAscends 29 2,87%
    Synkarin 25 2,47%
    Weiwae 22 2,18%
    Krackenor 21 2,08%
    Melali 17 1,68%
    Falmiis 14 1,38%
    Lavinya 13 1,29%

Day Two 408 posts
    Sylandra 47 11,52%
    Vivet 47 11,52%
    Luce 39 9,56%
    Siam 34 8,33%
    Breandryn 28 6,86%
    Tremula 26 6,37%
    Synkarin 24 5,88%
    Ileein 24 5,88%
    Ssaliss 22 5,39%
    Weiwae 19 4,66%
    Ushaara 18 4,41%
    Lehki 16 3,92%
    Kalaneya 10 2,45%
    Yarith 10 2,45%
    Tamashi 8 1,96%
    Krackenor 8 1,96%
    Lavinya 7 1,72%
    Falmiis 7 1,72%
    Kiradawea 7 1,72%
    Melali 3 0,74%
    CyndarinAscends 2 0,49%
    Othero 2 0,49%

[/spoiler]
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (I've asked Kiradawea to look into a replacement for me, as I'll be offline for a while. But if she can't find one and you haven't settled on a more definite target, please lynch me.)
    Ick, hopefully we don't keep losing more.
  • I will be gone for the next two days. I've said my thoughts for this day though.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Or, Tamashi is pulling the cult thing in order to confuse us, and there actually isn't a cult. Plus, a cult starting with four people seems more than a bit powerful, considering how information starved the game is in general.

I've already said it before, but I think the reason all of us seem to have the "You start as town" win condition is because some might have a condition that makes them flip to a different win condition. That, to me, makes more sense in a relatively blind game as this one is. It could even be that some people have already hit that condition and have flipped.
    At this game size 4 saboteurs makes a lot of sense with there still being a cult. I could see it being a cult starting with 1 person and a mafia of 3. Cult then converted one person on the first night. We killed the cult leader but one member of the cult is left so the leader didn't flip. We then still have a 3 person mafia still kicking around. In this I am assuming Rat isn't actually trying to stop the shrine and is instead either a survivor role or needs to kill Pollux to win.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    We still haven't dealt with the possibility that there could be both: a mafia AND a cult. We may have gotten lucky and found our cult recruiter, and they had an extra teammate they didn't know about who did/did not inherit their cult powers, but the likelihood that there's still a 3-man mafia out there riding our cult suspicions in a 'mess with the town before killing them' mindset seems pretty high to me. If it comes down to it, I'd rather lynch Ushaara or Vivet than no lynch. At worst they flip third-party, at best they don't flip and we continue under the assumption they're town, middling result is they don't flip and we got scum.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Either way, could we get some more dueling happening? And to clarify a bit as to why I want to duel, well, I'll just say that without duels I'm essentially vanilla town, and I'd rather be more useful.
  • Also, pinging @Kiradawea to resolve that duel.
  • I'll duel, sure. Ssaliss, I challenge you to a duel! Let's see if you can even fight! Esoteric Arcana! Also Vote: Vivet
  • Well, it doesn't seem like you're in any danger to be lynched anytime soon, so I'll make it a resilience bet (have to bet to clear my cooldown).

I accept your duel, Lehki! Control Sign: Toys for Children! We will fight for Resiliency!

• Also, I'm perfectly fine with lynching Vivet (just like I was yesterday).

Vote: Vivet
  • Tremula said:
    We still haven't dealt with the possibility that there could be both: a mafia AND a cult. We may have gotten lucky and found our cult recruiter, and they had an extra teammate they didn't know about who did/did not inherit their cult powers, but the likelihood that there's still a 3-man mafia out there riding our cult suspicions in a 'mess with the town before killing them' mindset seems pretty high to me. If it comes down to it, I'd rather lynch Ushaara or Vivet than no lynch. At worst they flip third-party, at best they don't flip and we continue under the assumption they're town, middling result is they don't flip and we got scum.
    With 22 people in play I feel pretty safe in saying that we do have at least 2, people/groups against town. 3 wouldn't surprise me either. Which is why the scum/cult/arsonist sounded at least plausible to me. More evidence required though
    I'm all for supporting options, so

Vote: CyndarinAscends

And we'll see who else votes where from here.