Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    If it was a conversion, I doubt the indications would be so public. If anything, I expect it might be linked to or similar to the executioner. Thematically, it would be interesting to have similar flavour for a night power as compared to day. @Weiwae, can you clarify at all, or were these whispers more nebulous in nature?
  • They implanted thoughts into my mind making it hard to sleep and thus making me tired and vulnerable.
  • @Weiwae's paranoia seems the same as the other afflictions. It looks like the flavor text just changes.

I accept @Ssalis' duel. I wager ability and use Creation Sign I have no idea what this does (that's literally what the card says, to me).
  • One thing I am happy about is that we now have confirmation of how and when people actually flip.  So who is suspiciously lurking?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Breandryn don't forget to bold!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Weiwae said:
    One thing I am happy about is that we now have confirmation of how and when people actually flip.  So who is suspiciously lurking?
    Wha? We do?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Siam said:
    Did Weiwae just get a delayed cult conversion?!
    Whoa there, trigger-happy. This looks like the same as the resilience duels we've had so far, except a night action. All we know is whoever did it probably felt Weiwae was suspicious/worth lynching for whatever their agenda was.

Vivet said:
    Weiwae said:
    One thing I am happy about is that we now have confirmation of how and when people actually flip.  So who is suspiciously lurking?
    Wha? We do?
    I think he's referring to the Ratatoskr and Pollux flips when they lost/won, respectively.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh, okay. I thought he meant alignment flip, because the mod already confirmed the role card flipping ages ago.
  • Oops, reposting to bold.

I accept @Ssalis' duel. I wager ability and use Creation Sign I have no idea what this does 
  • You see, just after I finished my last article and was about to steal off into the night in the wake of Tamashi's onset of insanity

Bolded for effect, the paper is on a delay. So today's paper tells us what happened two nights ago. Tomorrow's paper will tell us what happened tonight.
    Or last night, rather. But I think we get what you mean.
  • Othero said:
    You see, just after I finished my last article and was about to steal off into the night in the wake of Tamashi's onset of insanity

Bolded for effect, the paper is on a delay. So today's paper tells us what happened two nights ago. Tomorrow's paper will tell us what happened tonight.
    Yes, but the paper isn't really accurate. It said that I spoke with Kalaneya, but we didn't speak and @Kalaneya didn't even know I did anything.
  • And just to see how this works..

I will use Alice Mallice!
  • well that was embarassing.. I will use my Malice Cannon!
  • Didn't we get a paper yesterday, though? Maybe someone copied the power?
  • And I fail at reading... so  Malice Cannon Activate
    What's it doooo. :O
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • If Ssaliss is indeed Alice, it will help ensure victory in the spellcard duel.
    Poor Breandryn, she doesn't even know how her spell card works! I'll weave an echo shield around Breandryn, so it's returned to a little more fairness!

• :heartbreak:Tremula
    Sylandra said:
    What's it doooo. :O
    I am very amused Kiradawea included this...

Let me explain. In the game Imperishable Night, you get partners that phase into existence when you focus, so you're kind of playing as two characters at once. So Reimu works with Yukari in that game, so you're Reimu when unfocused, and Yukari when focused.

Marisa and Alice are partners in Imperishable Night.

Due to the delay with how their bullet types work, they continue firing for a while even when you toggle focus/unfocused.

So, if you spam it, you can effectively use both shot types for Marisa and Alice at the same time. It's really, really cheap on immobile targets so long as it doesn't screw with your own maneuvering too much, and will do stupid amounts of damage.

This has been lovingly referred to as "The Malice Cannon", especially by those who ship this pair. And it's one of the oldest ships in the series.

This has been story time with Vivet.

• I'm going to assume that @Weiwae is trying to confirm @Ssalis's identity and isn't trying to make me lose because of that one time I left food trash in his fulcrux.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There is no such thing as food trash. Except red-tentacle-mushrooms, I guess.
    Also, good news! Thanks to Luce winning in a spellcard duel where my shield was involved, it got a little stronger! Without divulging the exact numbers, it's basically a +level when it wins, and though I haven't had a test for it yet, it might be a -level when it loses. So in theory if my targets win all their duels, I'll be able to determine the outcome of almost any danmaku towards mid to endgame just through this ability!

That's good! But we should be careful then that you don't get converted. That's quite a power to have in the wrong hands. >_>
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Maybe protect Trem at night while the doctor and any investigative roles are still hidden? Assuming we have a doctor and investigative roles.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok first things first.

I accept your challenge @Ssaliss! We fight for resilience. Hordes of hungry beasts.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Sylandra it was just me being cheeky! :) 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• (Just a FYI. Malice ship is best ship)

Ssaliss challenges Breandryn
    Spellcard duels are supposed to be a challenge between two individuals. A duel of skill and power. Of beauty and fairness. Therefore, obviously, interference is bound to happen. While initially the duel between Ssaliss and Breandryn would proceed as you expect. Ssaliss conjuring up a bunch of multi-coloured lasers while Breandryn after a lot of fidgeting manages to activate a card resembling Falmiis' earlier display of power. But then Weiwae steps in, throwing his lot in with Ssaliss as the two elegantly tag and weave their magical spells into one another, creating an overwhelming display of power. Poor Breandryn flies around like a headless chicken, and despite the shimmering shield that Tremula offers him, he still takes a spark straight to the face which sends him smack out of the arena.

Ssaliss has won the duel. Breandryn is roleblocked

Ssaliss challenges
    Lavinya
    While Breandryn is still gathering her senses from the beating she just took, Lavinya calmly steps over her prone form and enters the arena. She makes a big flashy move of throwing off her cape, only to immediately regret the decision and scamper over to pick it back up and put it back on before it gets too smudged with dirt. Ssaliss begins by throwing out his jojos towards Lavinya, but she tilts her body sideways, using the bare minimum of movement required to dodge the initial shock as she pulls out her own card. "Gonna need your help guys! Hordes of hungry beasts!" She cries out and slams the card into the ground. Immediately several small holes appear on the ground, out of which comes danmaku in the form of mice. Ssaliss swings his yoyo back and forth, cutting swathes of ground through the mice. But their numbers are far too great. They eventually manage to overwhelm Ssaliss and leave him covered in tiny nibbles before Lavinya mercifully dismisses the danmaku.

Lavinya has won the duel. Ssaliss is a little easier to lynch today
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.