Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Also - does @Yarith know who acted on him last night?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Alright. Siam is being evasive about how his pagoda works, but it seems like we may be getting some half-truths from the Siam/Lavinya duo.

Siam says his pagoda was lost, but Lavinya said she scanned and saw only one person holding an item. That person would be me. The cloak has nothing to do with an individual character - the flavor lies in me having the item period, as I'm a shopkeeper in Touhou and the inventor in this game. I am also firmly aligned with town - no mention in my PM of role changes - which makes me wonder...why would the thief be on the same team as the person with the items.

Lavinya has already confirmed that I'm the only one holding items, and I haven't gotten a pagoda, so this means Siam's pagoda isn't taken by someone else when roleblocked, which is what Lavinya is saying the theft skill is for. Since nobody else has items, it seems low odds that there is a second thief.

Seems to me like they are trying to mask an anti-town ability as something designed to help us. However, the pagoda is a very weird bluff to make if they made it up wholecloth to divert attention from the gathering lynch train.

Possible scenarios:

1. We are all town. Lavinya is intended to...Rob me? Rob people I help in case I pick wrong? Now, I could see that this would make sense if her power is designed to Rob people who purchase during my public sales (2x total I can put items out in day as a first come first serve) but this would rely on me even knowing that a thief exists and is allied with me. That's a lot of stuff to need to know for our abilities to synergize and none of that info was given, so it seems unlikely we are intended to work together.

2. Lavinya and Siam are cult or mafia. In response to the gatheri g lynch train on Siam, they have come up with this mason story. They've already been fingered as being connected, so if we learn one is scum, the other will also be gone, so they are trying to make themselves safe by claiming masons. Someone else suggested they were this role, so they went along with it. The pagoda is odd, here, though. Was it brought up in an earlier round? Maybe it was invented from flavor in the PM to help explain why Lavinya got the cloak/is a good thief?

3. ???

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What a wild imagination.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Lavinya meant she detected one other person with a treasure besides myself. Don't you see the simple setup between the two of us? Her power was designed to help me should I lose my pagoda. Chill girl. :*
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Pray tell me how were we fingered as connected again? Until my roleclaim you guys absolutely had no idea that it was me she was referring to when she confirmed her role and name. Nazrin and Shou.

#bringShikariback 

Who said my pagoda was stolen? I explicitly said that I lost it after getting jailed. Lost vs stolen, please? ;)

#bringShikariback 

• I was the other person she detected with treasure - confirmed by her even admitting she robbed me. I had no pagoda.

A third scenario might be that they are some sort of power duo or cult, activated when Lavinya correctly robs the pagoda. I wasn't robbed last night. That could fit - first scan she saw me and Siam, night 1 she robbed me, night 2 she robbed Siam. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    ^That was directed to Siam, ahem. Breandryn ninja-posted.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I think he is VERY defensive. Votes: Siam
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Siam did say yesterday when he was blocked that if he had tried to use his power he'd lose it, but this is going in some squirrelly directions.
  • Have the snide emojis EVER helped prove somebody's case?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    In the RuPaul game, I think?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Supposedly the pagoda was lost last night, not on night 0. This is based on it only being lost if he tries to use the power associated with it, which apparently did not happen on night 0. And we are told it is a "conditional protection", but there's been no exposition on that at all. Protection from what, exactly? Self-only, or to a target?

See, this is a big mess to me because we don't seem to have typical elimination methods in play (or they are being withheld, for some reason), so the details here feel quite relevant. It's as odd and cryptic as Falmiis' "I am quite sure there is an arsonist", which everyone seems to be assuming means he is a firefighter. I don't know, there are a lot of things I'm not really getting a good feel for.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    And then there's @Yarith with two visitors but no further info. A doctor and bodyguard is different from a doctor and some flavour of scum. I'm wanting to believe him, but serious FOS: Yarith. Town only gains with information and excepting Ileein and Celina, we're grasping at straws here, which is just what scum wants, and this behaviour leads to mislynch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    So what's the vote count for @Siam now?
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     My memory puts it at 3 or maybe 4, since I never unvoted.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • When did we connect Siam and Lavinya together? On mobile, hard to review the thread.
    Breandryn said:
    When did we connect Siam and Lavinya together? On mobile, hard to review the thread.
    Lavinya has claimed that they are masons and their powers work in tandem.
    Daraius said:
    Siam said:
    Pray tell me how were we fingered as connected again? Until my roleclaim you guys absolutely had no idea that it was me she was referring to when she confirmed her role and name. Nazrin and Shou.
    Which makes this very, very suspicious looking, actually.
    Daraius said:
  • Right, his roleclaim came in defence to the lynch train. I think the mason suggestion was floated before that? My brain says it was the day (mafia day) before when Lavinya was being questioned and didn't she say it wasn't quite that? I may be misremembering but it is a convenient deflection.
    I was the one who asked if they were Masons, and Lavinya said yes. I also asked if she was a thief, and Lavinya said yes again.

So it's possible I accidentally gave her a fakeclaim, too. She was very quick to agree with me! Ho hum.

Daraius said:
  • The thing that seems weird is the pagoda. If they are fake claiming, why introduce that? If there is only one thief, why would it even be a physical object? That's not much interplay. Nobody else has mentioned being a thief, so I can see scenario 3 making sense. He has an object, she takes objects. If we do have cults forming, which the lack of night deaths suggests, I could see the pagoda theft as the method to unite them.
  • Then again, there could be another thief out there and maybe they've just have bad aim. The scry she described seems so potent though - unless I had started unloading items on night 0, which is reckless gameplay, it's basically a free scout with no misses for everyone she needs to find, which suggests that theft is likely central to her win condition or empowering her role.
    Well, if you're an inventor, @Breandryn, it's possible that the game expects you to have invented more items and shared them with more players. Is there a reason you haven't, actually?
    Daraius said:
  • I didn't want to help enemies and my item total is finite. I also don't know what the items do, so I have to spend a night researching if I want to know use. The role seems designed to study items early game and then assist once I know who I think I can trust.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok on mobile so hard to read back. I thought i explained - on night zero I used my power to detect treasure. I discovered that Breandryn had something, and that siam still had his pagoda (specifically said pagoda too, whereas I was only told Breandryn held something ). So the next night I took her item which turned out to be a cloak. It didn't tell me much about her, alas.

Being masons with siam I knew he still had the pagoda after night 1 when I did the thieving, so i didn't detect treasure night 2 to see if anyone else had an item. 

My role sheet didn't say i was a thief persay and I'm not familiar with all the mafia roles, but that one is exactly my powers and stuff.

Unless Kira is an evil genius and made a mafia and town masons, siam is town.

I was also given a one off day power related to my other powers. It's a gamble though because it could put an item in mafia hands. I don't want to use it thoughtlessly but if it comes to it I can prove who I am with it. 

There are still a lot of us in the game but so many are flying beneath the radar. I find that far more worrisome. vote melali because the pressure is squeezing the wrong place. 

• What item? You didn't rob me again. Did you start with items too? If not, where are you getting the item for your day power?
  • No. I only know I was visited by two people @Synkarin. I think FOSing me is more suspicious than me being visited twice. I was visited by two people last night: Further, I have provided more concrete information than most people, if not everyone, in the context of night actions. I'm retaining my vote on Siam for now. I agree that Melali seems a little quiet, and Falmiis does as well.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Actually, on reading back between when I started and posted my post, I'm going to Unvote and Vote: Melali
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it