Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Well that does fit with your character! And it's such a specific power, if we need to call out a bluff I think we have enough information to do so long term. Very useful.

I wonder if you'd find an item with me or not.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, so that's where the cape came from. Nazrin doesn't really wear a cape, unless you count that little capelet like thing, so that was throwing me off. I assume that was swiped from Tamashi, perhaps?
    Oh, wait, if they can still speak up then it must be someone else. A cape, huh...
  • @Siam - do you get your pagoda back after being roleblocked? Is there any other way it can be lost? I'm trying to figure out if there is another thief out there. I suspect there is a second one, for Lavinya's role to synergize with your's.
  • Another thought, no kills and we have an absent player. Was Ushaara roleblocked during other nights?
  • Who did you intend to visit last night, @Siam? And why didn't you visit someone on night zero? You were also the first person to, almost out of the blue, suggest the presence of a cult.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • And, for the record, I blocked Siam the first night on gut feeling, Cyndarin the second on gut feeling, and, as nobody seemed more suspicious to me than Siam with his unpressed and unrevealed role, I blocked him again. It was either him or Melali, truly.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Googling "Touhou cape" leads me to Toyosatomimi no Miko.

But plenty of Touhou characters wear capes. Having googled, I actually wear one. Which makes me wonder if Lavinya targeted me, or someone else?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh, something else to consider. @Siam, you mention the pagoda being related to some sort of conditional protection. Is there any exposition on this? Danmaku protection, something else? It seems doubly odd we'd have a protection-type power get jailed twice and see no ill effects. Also, why not use it on night 0? I seem to recall this being the reason why you didn't lose your item on that night.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I didn't use it on night 0 since I was very flippant with dueling on day 0 and suspected people would be suspicious of me. Very prone to roleblocking!

AFAIK the pagoda is not related to my win conditions but if I do lose my pagoda, Lavinya can retrieve it for me. For the past 2 nights I've been trying to protect Lavinya. We can definitely call out people bluffing whenever someone to be in possession of some treasure at certain points of the game. ;)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Does anyone actually have treasure? I wasn't aware this was a mechanic. Is there anyone willing to confirm "yes I have an item that can be utilized"?

I understand why people wouldn't want to come forward, but I really am deeply curious. It's something I personally hadn't been clued in on!
    Daraius said:
  • How can you lose the pagoda, though? What makes you lose it?
    Yes, @Sylandra. A few people here have treasure.

Breandryn, I've covered this already: I lose it when I get roleblocked/jailed whenever I try to use it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Right, sorry, what I'm asking is the pagoda taken out of your possession and someone else has it or it can be taken, or are you saying "lose" more like "I can't use it."
    I've lost it entirely. Why are you interested?

#bringShikariback 

• Sylandra said:
    Does anyone actually have treasure? I wasn't aware this was a mechanic. Is there anyone willing to confirm "yes I have an item that can be utilized"?

I understand why people wouldn't want to come forward, but I really am deeply curious. It's something I personally hadn't been clued in on!
    Personally, I don't have any treasures that I'm aware of.
  • Because Lavinya said that only one person was sensed holding something.
    So far as I am aware, I don't have any items. It seems like a niche mechanic, which I suppose might be possible with the existence of Malice Cannon as a genuine power.
  • I was pushing for ileen because I wanted to see what information we would get on a flip and I don't trust third parties.
  • While I can't vouch for Weiwae unequivocally, at this point in time I assume he is town, given the relationship between the two of us (Marisa was mentioned in my role sheet) and the fact that I'm town I find no immediate reason to suspect him. Since we don't share any channels, though, I can't really back him up as totally and unquestionably town.
  • Ssaliss said:
    While I can't vouch for Weiwae unequivocally, at this point in time I assume he is town, given the relationship between the two of us (Marisa was mentioned in my role sheet) and the fact that I'm town I find no immediate reason to suspect him. Since we don't share any channels, though, I can't really back him up as totally and unquestionably town.
    Same. I was actually nervous that Alice would be mafia since it wasn't a mason pair.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    For all I know, people could be coming across items in the rubble, or for winning duels...I don't know. Night 0 I sensed treasure, and I could only detect that Siam had the pagoda still, and one other person had something. Night 1 I stole the thing unidentified person 2 had, and it turned out to be the cloak. Night 3 I poked through the temple rubble for treasures. If anyone has attained a treasure/item since night 0, I don't know about it. Yet. ;)

Dowsing rods are OP.

#bringShikariback 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hi, so I'm still good with being replaced if @Kiradawea can find someone with more time, but if she can't I'll limp on.

No action taken last night, didn't witness anyone acting on me either. So little to bring to the table.

Lack of eliminations again is confusing, and am still unsure on what mafia mechanics are (i.e. arson or not). So will be glad if Falmiis or Yarith want to share more on why arson, or what the flavour of the two actions on Yarith were.

• I agree... I'd like to hear more from Falmiis. He sort of dropped the arson bomb on us and walked away.
  • Checking in, nothing happened to me last night. I'll read through and try to form an opinion.
  • Before I get caught, I'm back in the game. I had some RL stuff come up and asked Kira to find a replacement. When she couldn't, I opted back in!

Sorry for the confusion and silence, I will try to make it up to everyone!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    So no one can vouch for having lost a cape in the night to @Lavinya?
    Daraius said:
  • Nothing happened to me last night, so I can't.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Nothing about a cloak - but I want to put a bit more pressure on silent people. 

One thing that is striking me is that Melali is much more quiet than they've typcially been in previous games. They're usually leading the info gathering charge and we haven't really seen a lot of that. 

Vote: Melali

I'm not saying she's scum per-se, but it is a different direction than we've seen in the past.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.