Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So for those who know Touhou my card I presume is somewhat revealing. Yes, I have come with my friend, and I will vouch for her innocence should the need arise. Yes, I win with the town. I may like to rummage but I don't want to hinder the rebuilding efforts.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Huh, so are you claiming Mason?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Kiradawea said:

Ssaliss begins by throwing out his jojos towards Lavinya,
    Beware those JoJos.

• HIii! I'm checking in here. I was visited by two individuals last night and yes, I can confirm that I did jail Siam for a second time.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lavinya said:
    So for those who know Touhou my card I presume is somewhat revealing. Yes, I have come with my friend, and I will vouch for her innocence should the need arise. Yes, I win with the town. I may like to rummage but I don't want to hinder the rebuilding efforts.
    Honestly, the card name got me nothing. At all. And I'm struggling for something definitive to settle on with the battle itself, but nothing seems to quite add up.

Okay, then I'll make a guess.

I'll guess that @Lavinya is Nazrin, and their "partner" is Shou Toramaru. Is that right?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yarith said:
    HIii! I'm checking in here. I was visited by two individuals last night and yes, I can confirm that I did jail Siam for a second time.
    Interesting...did you get an idea of what they were there for?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I imagine Lavinya might not be keen on confirming, but that is certainly a plausible option. Particularly since if she does, that'll more or less be all roles revealed (though not confirmed). Hmm.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Yeah, @Yarith, if you can explain some of the flavour text we can probably piece together what happened.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • hay I got my computer back

I'm still suspicious of the lack of night kills. Am not buying there's only cultist/arsonist/scum we can't see acting.
    Lehki said:
    hay I got my computer back

I'm still suspicious of the lack of night kills. Am not buying there's only cultist/arsonist/scum we can't see acting.
    Siam's been blocked two nights in a row, if we want to believe that means anything. -shrug-
    Daraius said:
  • Siam has also confessed that he has a night power he doesn't want to reveal. 

I don't know, only that I was visited by two individuals.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I believe in pressure via votes. So you know what? Vote Siam. I've been suspicious of him for awhile now.
    Daraius said:
  • Yeah. There's a reason I've blocked him twice.
    Vote: Siam.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think I'll join in and Vote: Siam until he convinces me otherwise. I want to believe there's a natural mafia even if there is a cult, so getting rid of sus members in that regard would be smart. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You forget that I wasn't blocked on one night and there weren't any deaths, too. ;) But fine. I'm Shou. I have a conditional protector power that I lose if I get roleblocked on the same night. And I just lost it. Thanks, @Yarith.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Why did @Yarith start blocking Siam repeatedly?
    That's a very specific pro-town power, and also a very specific way to lose that power. It's almost too convenient for my mafia-addled brain to accept. Hm, hm, hm.

So @Siam, if you're Shou, then @Lavinya must be Nazrin as I suspected. Interesting. I figure Lavinya will vouch for your towniness. I'm not sure how much I trust her as a source. I think I'll leave my vote for a bit and see how it shakes out.

But here's something I'm wondering, Siam. You dueled a lot previously. Do you, as I suspect, have a duel-based power?
    Daraius said:
    What do you mean by duel-based? My power is reliant on me possessing my pagoda, which I just lost after getting roleblocked.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

It's also conveniently easy for the mafia to keep refraining from killing folks at night and have one of them block me(again) to press town suspicion on me. ;)

#bringShikariback 

Some players have revealed having secondary powers that are activated or made more powerful by duels. I wondered, considering how many duels you've been in, if that is true for you? (Tamashi comes to mind here, for example.)
    Daraius said:
    Nope. My cards are independent from my powers. Day 0 was just me being flippant.

#bringShikariback 

Sylandra has it, I am what she says. I thought the mice might be conspicuous but wasn't sure. 

oh I'm slow. Ok I will confirm I am Nazrin and Siam is shou. I also believe that Siam speaks the truth about the pagoda, because the main part of my ability is to try and find it if he loses it and return it to him. If it helps confirm me, I took the cloak I used in my duel from someone else, and it boosted me in defense. And I don't know what I've found until I take it.

I completely understand using pressure to flush out mafia, but it's in the wrong direction here. I didn't want to speak up for Siam or name him until I had to and it looks like a quick bandwagon is forming and he outed himself anyway. Yeah, I could be a lying liar who lies, but if I was mafia I'd try and be more subtle in keeping attention off Siam than claiming masons with him. 

Personally I'm still skeptical of Weiwae and how hard he gunned after Ileein. We know why Cyndarin did it being ratsy, which makes me wonder. 

• ...That is a very convoluted power o_O
    Siam said:
    It's also conveniently easy for the mafia to keep refraining from killing folks at night and have one of them block me(again) to press town suspicion on me. ;)
    Possibly, but also not really. Mafia want people to die. That's their win condition. I find it very odd that they'd hold off on killing, especially if the jailer has been barking up the wrong tree. (It's also possible though that this is Shakespeare all over again and a poor protector has been jailed repeatedly! Too many possibilities, gah.)
    oh I'm slow. Ok I will confirm I am Nazrin and Siam is shou. I also believe that Siam speaks the truth about the pagoda, because the main part of my ability is to try and find it if he loses it and return it to him. If it helps confirm me, I took the cloak I used in my duel from someone else, and it boosted me in defense. And I don't know what I've found until I take it.

I completely understand using pressure to flush out mafia, but it's in the wrong direction here. I didn't want to speak up for Siam or name him until I had to and it looks like a quick bandwagon is forming and he outed himself anyway. Yeah, I could be a lying liar who lies, but if I was mafia I'd try and be more subtle in keeping attention off Siam than claiming masons with him. 

Personally I'm still skeptical of Weiwae and how hard he gunned after Ileein. We know why Cyndarin did it being ratsy, which makes me wonder. 
    Hmmmm. I too was surprised by how hard @Weiwae pushed on Ileein. I'm willing to put pressure on him instead of Siam, in the light of how your power works in tandem with Siam, Lavinya. It's not what I was expecting.

To recap: you are Masons, with Siam as a limited protector and @Lavinya as...wait, are you a thief in Mafia? Because if so, that puts you in an almost flavor-cop esque role.
    Daraius said:
    Ohohohoho. That's exactly it. And I was able to use the cloak I stole. Unfortunately I don't know enough about touhou to instantly recognise people from their item and thus far it is the only one I have stolen. I can ascertain who is holding something, and if Shou has her pagoda (so I can try and find it if need be) which is where the mason bit comes in. Iiiiiiiinteresting.

I can mention who I stole it from, of course, but I thought I'd wait and see if they wanted to mention it themselves.

• Have you stolen anything else?
    No, that is the only thing I have stolen. Beside Shou, they were the only person I sensed holding anything at the time. (I can spend the night scouting for treasure or taking, not both)