Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It's like he wants to get lynched. What does this defensiveness mean??
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Siam said:
    That's rich coming from someone who's largely been quiet! :D 
    I think you're confusing quiet with not waving my arms about wildly and/or dueling everyone under the sun, but this statement of yours is just another deflection. Your demeanor has been bizarre and dismissive, and you are not doing anything to alleviate our concerns!

You're halfway to a lynch, so it's probably in your best interest if you level with us.
  • @Kiradawea Vote count please?
  • Vote count:
    Siam: Sylandra, Tremula, Breandryn, Krackenor (4)
    Melali: Synkarin, Yarith (2)

With 17 voters and 1 in absentia, it's 9 to vote someone off
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Krackenor said:
    Siam said:
    I think you're confusing quiet with not waving my arms about wildly and/or dueling everyone under the sun, but this statement of yours is just another deflection. Your demeanor has been bizarre and dismissive, and you are not doing anything to alleviate our concerns!

You're halfway to a lynch, so it's probably in your best interest if you level with us.
    It is in the town's best interest that we know something about you. I've pretty much claimed my role, power, and alignment already. ;) If that's not good enough for town, then I don't know what is. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hmm. So Yarith didn't elaborate too much on the two people acting on him, but could be totally benign doctor/watcher combo. Bit strange that he'd notice a watcher but this is strange game. Alternatively doctor/mafia is perhaps more likely since jailer is prime target.

I'm inclined to believe Siam from how he knew the town win condition was phrased early in the game, and he's been jailed twice so low chance of having been converted. So without new leads

Vote Melali
  • Vote: Siam  with the caveat that the coroner will need to investigate Siam tonight and out themselves. If Siam is scum it points us to who to go after. If they're town then I think we should look hard at Braendyn. I agree with your suspicion but you're a little loose with what's going on and what's inference from yourself which comes off as scummy. I'm always suspicious when people start passing off their feelings as fact.
  • Okay, may I ask why people are voting for me? As far as I can tell, it's because I've not been as active as I have been. Well, the reason I haven't been as active is largely because of real life obligations and the fact that I don't have any useful information. Also, people aren't acting definitively suspiciously. Frankly, a lot of my activity in the past games were responding on people's claims of night actions, which there haven't been a lot of record of. With just people's talking during the day going on, which is not really reliable, I'm staying quiet unless I see a disturbing pattern.

Anyway, may I ask what you're hoping to accomplish by voting for me? Are you hoping that I'll role claim, or hoping to lynch someone quiet? 
    Siam said:
    Krackenor said:
    Siam said:

It is in the town's best interest that we know something about you. I've pretty much claimed my role, power, and alignment already. ;) If that's not good enough for town, then I don't know what is. 
    Yeah but when we poke you, you go into full Laganja mode. Which is so odd.

@Melali, being quiet is often a scum tactic to avoid suspicion. It lets loud townies duke it out and throw suspicion on each other while the scum players stand to the sidelines. We can't always talk about what happens at night, especially in a game like this where we don't see people act on us unless it has tangible effects (like Weiwae being one vote less to lynch today).

You're getting pressure put on you because you're not talking, and talking is almost always better for town than silence. Clearly you don't think we should vote for you. Instead of you, who would you suggest?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Othero said:
    Vote: Siam  with the caveat that the coroner will need to investigate Siam tonight and out themselves. If Siam is scum it points us to who to go after. If they're town then I think we should look hard at Braendyn. I agree with your suspicion but you're a little loose with what's going on and what's inference from yourself which comes off as scummy. I'm always suspicious when people start passing off their feelings as fact.
    Unless I missed it, there hasn't been a coroner claim yet. Otherwise, we'd have information about the stumps.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

@Sylandra, I've decided I'm pulling off an Alaska after her winning streak ended.

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    @Sylandra, I've decided I'm pulling off an Alaska after her winning streak ended.

That would suggest you've been winning until now! :innocent:
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Siam said:

The shrine's still up isn't it? That counts as a win!

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Siam said:
    Sylandra said:
    Siam said:

The shrine's still up isn't it? That counts as a win!
    I thought the shrine was destroyed and we were rebuilding it.....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Siam said:
    Othero said:
    Vote: Siam  with the caveat that the coroner will need to investigate Siam tonight and out themselves. If Siam is scum it points us to who to go after. If they're town then I think we should look hard at Braendyn. I agree with your suspicion but you're a little loose with what's going on and what's inference from yourself which comes off as scummy. I'm always suspicious when people start passing off their feelings as fact.
    Unless I missed it, there hasn't been a coroner claim yet. Otherwise, we'd have information about the stumps.
    I'd put strong money on their being a coroner who hasn't spoken up yet because there are not a lot of stumps yet who would actually provide something we don't know.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've requested some exposition from Siam regarding his power two or three times now, but it seems like each time the request is ignored in lieu of playfully dancing around other people. Honestly, if he is town and he does have some sort of "conditional protection", he's already made himself a target. Explaining can help let town know what they are up against - something scum already knows anyways. If he is scum, then he doesn't want us to know how he can benefit his faction, or the protection thing is just an outright lie. If it's something that can easily be toyed with/manipulated and he's uncomfortable explaining, why not just say so? Ignoring me really doesn't bode well for my suspicions. At all. My patience is running thin, so maybe this will encourage more recognition of my requests.

Vote: Siam

• Sylandra said:

@Melali, being quiet is often a scum tactic to avoid suspicion. It lets loud townies duke it out and throw suspicion on each other while the scum players stand to the sidelines. We can't always talk about what happens at night, especially in a game like this where we don't see people act on us unless it has tangible effects (like Weiwae being one vote less to lynch today).

You're getting pressure put on you because you're not talking, and talking is almost always better for town than silence. Clearly you don't think we should vote for you. Instead of you, who would you suggest?
    I personally view talking as something someone does to steer towards victory/away from defeat. The main reason I haven't been talking is that I have had no idea which way to go.

However, after reading through the thread again, I've found a few facts that point towards a tool that we can use to find Mafia: Tamashi.

Now, yesterday, we weren't clear on whether or not Tamashi was telling the truth about being Mafia. However, we've had a night since then. More importantly, we've had a night where the lynched flipped, making the only two coroner targets Tamashi and Kalaneya. Now, seeing that the coroner hasn't spoken up, saying that Tamashi was seriously trolling us, I would like to assume that means that Tamashi was telling the truth about their role. While that doesn't tell us much about their actions, especially since Cyndarin was 3rd party, we can then use the actions on day 1 to determine who are most likely not Mafia. After all, Tamashi's execution came as a surprise to everyone (except the executioner), which also means that s isn't likely that the people voting for Tamashi were Mafia throwing him under the bus. After all, the fact that Tamashi wouldn't flip would mean that being part of his lynch train wouldn't give any rewards in trustworthiness. Also, the execution probably threw off the timing of any Mafia that were hoping to ride a Tamashi lynch into trust.

Thus, we can gather that those who were acting against Tamashi probably weren't Mafia (unless they were doing it oddly). Additionally, we can probably assume that any pairs in this game are not Mafia, since if one were Mafia, they would both be, and that would make it really easy to find two out of the four saboteurs. (This just goes for the original Mafia members, not any converts, if there are any.)

So, this criteria clears: Luce (for winning Resilience against Tamashi), Lehki, Falmiis, Lavinya, Breandryn, Krackenor (for voting for Tamashi), Ssaliss and Weiwae (for being a mod-confirmed Ship). 

If there were people who were adamant in not lynching Tamashi, or especially wishy-washy about it, I would say that they are the most suspicious.

P.S. Tamashi did reveal himself, so that does lead one to believe that at least one of the people who voted for him was Mafia, since Tamashi could use his death to clear them of suspicion. So, Lavinya's claiming to have a connection to Siam doesn't necessarily mean that they are both not Mafia. Unless it has been confirmed via mod/neutral power that Lavinya and Siam are actually partners, rather than just sharing information via Mafia-Chat, Siam's suspicious activity still indicates that he's suspicious, and perhaps also implicates Lavinya.
    Of course, if Tamashi was telling the truth about working solo, that means there's another faction in place that potentially wasn't working in tandem with Tamashi. Meaning who voted for him or didn't is perhaps a red herring. But it's worth considering, certainly.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If Siam turns out to be scum I am going to go find his pagoda and beat him bloody with it.

I'll take a moment to point out that Melali did clam up and get quiet during the last half of pokémafia, which a lot of people viewed as atypical. Including me. This really convinced me he got converted at some point, but by the game's end we learned he had always been town. It might be more a reflection of having less insight to share of late, or an evolving style (my own style has changed substantially over time).

Oh, something else that has come to my attention. @Kalaneya, if you don't mind - you have stated that you are town. Does your role sheet mention starting as town, as some of us have observed in our role sheets, or does it read elsewise?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Mine mentions I start as town, and in relation to Siam/Shou, it says I am friends with him/her and can speak with them during the night. 

• @vivet role says I start the game as town. I said that earlier in my role reveal too. 
    My bad, I probably missed that/forgot it. Thanks!
  • Sylandra said:
    Of course, if Tamashi was telling the truth about working solo, that means there's another faction in place that potentially wasn't working in tandem with Tamashi. Meaning who voted for him or didn't is perhaps a red herring. But it's worth considering, certainly.
    I think multiple factions are pretty likely with the size of this game. At the very least some flavor of Serial Killer.
  • Or an arsonist. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Something I will say that @Vivet has already said: if @Siam is town, he is not playing town particularly well. And if he's a limited protector, playing to intentionally obfuscate the dayphase with dancing around and not answering anyone directly, he's causing more harm than good.
    Daraius said:
  • I'm going to Unvote, and place my vote back onto Vote: Siam again. Something seems fishy.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Vote: Siam the evasiveness is bothering me.
  • edited October 2016
    Vote count:
    Siam: Sylandra, Tremula, Breandryn, Krackenor, Vivet, Yarith, Weiwae (7)
    Melali: Synkarin, Ushaara (2)

With 18 voters, it's 10 to vote someone off
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.