General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Lol I wish I ever had 16 hours to make a cake.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • My employer has several different types of cake, each with their own prices. Those prices fluctuate based on demand. This cake industry bases itself off the ebb and flow of said demand. There's also only so many cakes to be had at any given time

The number of angry telephone calls I field any given day can be spectacular. So many special snowflakes. So many repetitions of the phrase "no" in polite ways. I especially like the ones that get demanding and shocked about "price gouging".
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You don't want to know what our cake is made of if you cut into it.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Went to take my medication before heading to bed and realized I accidentally skipped taking last night's pill. Guess that solves the question of why I've felt like a sack of crap all day.
  • My dog seems to have this habit of waking me up an hour or two before I need to be woken up, and I swear the little jerk just knows my schedule because normally it's 3-4am but today he woke me up at 5am which is awful because I am picking up a car rental at 7am which meant I didn't need to wake up until 6am. Grahghj.

And my kitten has very sharp nails, and likes to attack my feet at 5am so I can get up and feed him, so this morning I had a double whammy of kitten attack and dog whining.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Phoebus said:
    Went to take my medication before heading to bed and realized I accidentally skipped taking last night's pill. Guess that solves the question of why I've felt like a sack of crap all day.
    I can't remember if I took mine tonight or not. and I just finished my drink. (repeat this twice a day)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tristanna said:
    Phoebus said:
    I can't remember if I took mine tonight or not. and I just finished my drink. (repeat this twice a day)
    Pill organizers! I'd never be able to remember if I took them already or not, otherwise. It makes me feel like a grandma, but at least I (usually) don't forget my pills.
  • I fear, I might have forgotten to log off on the lab computer I was using yesterday. Before I went home, I went back and forth between it and my own laptop because I had to show something to my advisor. Usually, we are instructed to even lock the screen just when we leave the room for a few minutes....and now, I might have forgotten to do that for the whole weekend. Even though the room is locked and the only ones with keys are us assistants and the cleaning people, I still feel very bad and hope that nobody will notice (especially after I killed the power two times in a row). I also already wrote my advisor and asked him if he could remember if I logged out. Maybe, he can do it remotely if I didn't. Anyway, I shall get up super early on Monday so I can be there before everybody else and log out.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Students: Will we still have to turn in our 500 word rough draft on Monday when there was a hurricane?

Me: *furiously working on her ten page paper still due for her graduate class* Sec.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I remember thinking, "Why does every one of my classes have a 10-12 page paper due on the same day?" I know your pain.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited October 2016
    My house was broken into over night. Between my window, stereo system, TV, retro gaming consoles, and desktop computer I'm looking at about $2,000 to replace it all. I'm glad I use Google docs for my in game stuff and not Notepad. But I did lose my profile and all of my scripts/triggers/aliases. On the bright side now I have an excuse to build a new PC! \o/
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    That's awful, @Zoku. I'm so sorry. Glad you're okay, though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • My job requires a doctor's note for any excused absence. In the handbook it talks about this in regards to like, missing a lot of work from an operation or accident or such, so I failed to make the connection that I would need one for a single day missed because I'm still recovering from a minor cold I had over my day off. Had to go halfway across town on my bike while still under the weather to visit a doctor for the first time years.

• This sounds like a terrible company to work for.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • We got broken into again. They stole my laptop this time. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Do not like :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Second time in three weeks. They took the rest of our electronics, all my jewelry, smashed our safe open and left all our important documents out in the rain, and then some.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Where do you live that your house is constantly being broken into?
  • Providence, RI. The strange thing is that we live in an area that's pretty classy and generally safe. It seems like we're being watched. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Some time ago, I ranted about breaking Steam. Today, I rant again, because Steam support has admitted it has no idea how to fix the problem and told me to ask the Ubuntu people.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The past few days have been terrible and unfortunately it's bleeding to the game. :S I need to sleep for a week.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Possibly a related, if gross, story.

My ears are pierced and stretched slightly to a 0-guage. When I take my earrings out to clean them, I will sometimes notice half-inch long hairs growing around or in the holes. I usually yank them out.

• I'm at 26 teaching hours a week right now, cannot catch a break. It's not as bad, hour-wise, as last year (yet) but this year I have 3 exam groups (for Cambridge language exams) which account for 9 of the hours and these classes are easily 3x the prep time of normal ones and include endless essay checking.  :/
  • Drocilla said:
    I'm at 26 teaching hours a week right now, cannot catch a break. It's not as bad, hour-wise, as last year (yet) but this year I have 3 exam groups (for Cambridge language exams) which account for 9 of the hours and these classes are easily 3x the prep time of normal ones and include endless essay checking.  :/
    Ouch... hoping that things don't get too overwhelming for you as things progress, @Drocilla!  E-hugs and e-booze for you :)

\ .\"""""""""-. \`\-------'`/ \ \__ o . / \/ \ o/ \__/. / \_ _/ Y | | _.-' '-._ `---------`
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Been a pretty shitty day. Which also coincided on the anniversary of my Nan's death. Feeling a bit down. I am also out of wine which makes the rest 10000000x worse. Woe.

• This whole week has been rough. Been taking my Dad to treatment daily and that's stressful to juggle a work day around. He is overall in good spirits but there are little signs that the cancer is messing up his brain, like rotten food in his sink or when he frantically has me search for an hour for something he lost. I give him $1k each month to help with bills as he can't work right now, and he puts part of that to loans we cosigned on... Just found out today that he forgot those existed, so I may have to take over that.

My dad and I are really close- he is my hero and best friend - so it is really hard to see these changes. He can't play guitar right now either and music is his true love.I've been doing what I can to help, but stress + saddness has me worn down. Keep randomly crying through out the day.

My work is a both good and bad. I work at GoFundMe, so they are incredibly compassionate and flexible so I can work odd hours and from weird places like hospital lobbies....but it also means that things like cancer and death are in my face all day, everyday. 

Thanks to everyone in game who has randomly chatted, emotes or hunted with me. The escape has been a nice way to zone out and forget problems for a bit. :)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Don't be afraid to lean on your hospital and pharmacies a little bit if you need to. We understand that his situation is stressful and hard, and we deal with situations like his often enough that we may know of resources you didn't know you could ask about, particularly when it comes to medication and treatment options, and how to reduce or eliminate their financial impact. 
  • Am I the only one who gets irritated when a person is assigned to bring one item...like ketchup ...., to a potluck and they bring the generic store brand? I mean I'm not asking for some artisan tomato basil Parmesan ketchup but got darn don't bring no Peaks and Valleys ketchup adjacent stuff