Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It's not so limited that I'm worried about wasting it. It refreshes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Has Othero dueled today? I can tank his resilience if so, though I'd prefer to duel someone who'll...y'know, be around later.
  • I'm happy to throw in for the final lynch. I'm just curious if he has anything to say first.
    Luce said:
    Has Othero dueled today? I can tank his resilience if so, though I'd prefer to duel someone who'll...y'know, be around later.
    I can literally achieve this without anyone dueling.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    If not, rather.

Also worth noting: If we had 6 "factions" at the start, there are no third parties remaining.  Ileein and Cyndarin were two, town is one, and the arsonist and two cults are the last three.
  • As I said before, I don't think he's scum if he needs 66% of the votes needed. I do, however, believe that he is the last third party with essentially a survivor win condition. So, yeah. I'd personally vote for Iosion/Zitto, since I believe that is the most likely arson at this point.
    Luce said:
    If not, rather.

Also worth noting: If we had 6 "factions" at the start, there are no third parties remaining.  Ileein and Cyndarin were two, town is one, and the arsonist and two cults are the last three.
    Lehki said:

Night 0:
    Q: How many different factions/groups are there?
    A: There's 3 scum groups/factions, and 6 third parties.

Lehki said:
    Okay Kira just clarified something for me so I need to apologize for a bit of misinformation.

The answer she gave me to my first question, how she had answered it was that there are three factions trying to stop town, but 6 factions with their own win condition. She just clarified that the former was included in the latter. As in there was actually only 3 3p to start, and should be only 1 now with Ilieen and Cyndarin gone.
    I don't really agree with your assesment there. My guess is that town does not count as a faction with its own win condition, since it's the most basic one. I personally believe that there is still a third party, and as I said above, I believe that third party is Othero. The three groups opposed to Town would then be Tamashi's cult, the unknown (likely buddhist?) cult, and the arson.

It is, however, also possible that the arson doesn't actually count as a scum, but rather as a third party, which means there's a yet-undiscovered cult faction.

For the moment, I'll do this, however, as I believe Iosion/Zitto to be a better target.

Unvote
    Vote: Zitto
  • In contrast to that opinion, all we learned is that Othero is resilient with, as he says, no additional powers. That seems strange to me, and indicates that he's still hiding something
  • I'll throw my vote in there.

Vote: Othero
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Kinda got forgotten about with the focus on Othero but @Melali you offered to reveal more flavour about role/death immunity scanning?
  • Wait, seriously? What is wrong with the lot of you. Vote:Sylandra You didn't catch me in a lie and you are still trying to push the vote? That's really scummy. I am not lying and I just proved one of my claimed powers. You are grasping at a straw here.
  • I also find it funny that you called me out on my claim of having a high vote resiliency when you have an ability designed to counteract that. I really think you flipped last night.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think I'll tentatively 

Unvote

for now. Othero's right, he did just prove his power. Of course, if he turns out to be super bad, I'm going to bring him back from the dead just to kill him again. If someone can provide a good reason, I'll happily toss my vote back on, but my gut instinct is to trust him.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • From the exact way the question and answer were worded, no town shouldn't be one of the six.

Also yeah, Othero proved his resiliency claim. His other claim was "bad stuff" happens if he challenges somebody. So my question now is, @Othero, if you think Sylandra's suspect, would you be willing to challenge her? 
  • Lehki said:
    From the exact way the question and answer were worded, no town shouldn't be one of the six.

Also yeah, Othero proved his resiliency claim. His other claim was "bad stuff" happens if he challenges somebody. So my question now is, @Othero, if you think Sylandra's suspect, would you be willing to challenge her? 
    Not really, I'm not willing to take whatever the punishment. I'm happy to have Ssaliss challenge me to show that I don't have a night power. 
    I mean sure, push a vote on me if you want, but I really didn't think proving your power really meant a whole lot in the first place.

Like it's been said before, your power isn't what determines your alignment. It's your play style. You've been unusually quiet, and yes it could be due to being busy, but I'm just not sold that you've been playing to town's interests. If you want to change my mind, tell me who you trust or don't trust. It can include me, I'm fine with being suspected. But you can already determine that 1) I wasn't converted by Tamashi, 2) If I was the arsonist, why would I waste a night using my mockery power, and why would I willingly roleblock myself?, and 3) If I'm a cult convert, at the very least you can doubt I'm the recruiter, thanks to the logic in #2.

It's not that you've been caught in a lie, it's that you haven't given me enough reason to think you're playing to town's interests. What do you think the town should do right now? Who (me included) do you think we should be pressuring instead?
    Daraius said:
    To put it another way: I've used a power in this game exactly twice. You all saw each instance of it. But I've found plenty to talk about. Powers are not the only way you win a mafia game, or that a townie can assist a town victory.
    Daraius said:
  • You and Zitto (Iosion was really quiet even before going poof) would be the most suspicious to me. And yeah, you're not converted by Tamashi and you're not the arsonist so you used logic to scratch off two obvious things. I'm most interested in people who Ssaliss is not getting powers off of. Ssaliss, have you found anyone with a night kill yet?
    @Zitto sorry to rush you but you need to give us something before the vote train shifts to your direction. Iosion gave us squat to work with, so at the very least: can you power-claim?
    Daraius said:
  • A power claim is probably more then necessary but some info on where you're at would be helpful.
    From Lusternia times, I notice that Zitto's most active starting about...four or so hours from now? I'm not sure how long we have until day's end, but he said either tonight or tomorrow morning he'd be able to catch up with all the going-ons and be able to contribute fully. I like Zitto, and I haven't seen him play Mafia before, so I'd like to encourage people to keep him in mind but not shift directly to him.

That being said, a power-claim would probably be very helpful in determining what's what.

Also I keep jumping from the mindset of 'powers aren't as important' to the normal meta mafia mindset of 'this power usually is associated with <X>'. Kira is a dirty meta-shaker.

Othero said:
    A power claim is probably more then necessary but some info on where you're at would be helpful.
    See, comments like this are why I'm suspicious of you!

Regardless, I'm most willing to currently go after: @Othero, @Weiwae, @Melali, @Synkarin, @Zitto. I put Zitto last since I'd like him to get a chance to speak. But if anyone wants to change to one of these targets, I'm on board.

(I removed Falmiis because if he's a doctor, that's a risky lynch, and I removed Krackenor because his claim cleared up a few suspicions I had about him for now.)
    Daraius said:
  • Weird, asking people to power claim with little actual pressure on them when they have not played a lot (any?) mafia here is what makes me suspicious of you.
    ...We were literally going to lynch him yesterday.
    Daraius said:
  • Because he wasn't playing. Zitto is. And (again) I thought lynching him the entire time was a bad idea.
    But this could also read another way: "Iosion/Zitto is the recruiter of my mafia cult, so I want to be sure he doesn't get offed for a stupid reason." Do you see what I mean? I know my alignment; I know I am town. I don't know your alignment. For all I know, we're two townies pushing at each other in a fruitless tug of war that only benefits the mafia.

But! If Iosion/Zitto power claims, that helps me understand where your posts in his defense are coming from. And then it's easier to make a value judgment on you, as well, since to me it reads as collaborative behavior.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I think we're essentially at 90% power claimed now (though assuredly some people are holding information back/lying), so don't think there's anything particularly suspicious in asking Zitto to reveal something about his role.

While I've seen something from Luce through a card battle, I think he's the only other who hasn't publicly claimed a power or other, aside from being good at dueling.

I am very curious to hear if Luce has a night power, because I'm still trying to figure out how Yarith knew two people acted on him, given recent 1st hand experience of Kiradawea's commitment to no self-watching.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Nope, nada. I'm an immortal badass, but I need my beauty sleep since I'm not beyond hope on that front.
  • I am furiously reading the backlog now and will be chiming in to vote and likely claim within 1 to 1.5 hours.  The fearful spectre of radioactive butts has somewhat delayed my getting up to speed.
    Ushaara said:

I am very curious to hear if Luce has a night power, because I'm still trying to figure out how Yarith knew two people acted on him, given recent 1st hand experience of Kiradawea's commitment to no self-watching.

I have been super suspicous of Yarith since day one and wanting to use this image as well. Win/Win.