Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Apologies in advance, it's going to take me a little bit to get up to speed on the game and figure out what was going on.  I'll probably be pretty quiet until tomorrow, or at least very late tonight.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I have no powers to kill, if that helps? Just my thieving-ness. 

Knowing what the Pagoda does now though, I really wonder if there would be two such roles with basically the same power in the game. I'm suspicious of Falmiis at the moment for that reason.

• I mean there's not a whole lot that I can do to prove that I'm the doctor, but keep in mind this all came up because I kept bringing up the fact that based on my power I think that an arsonist was in play.
  • Are you satisfied, @Ssaliss?
  • Ssaliss said:
    BTW, @Weiwae, feel like giving me a boost in these duels?
    I believe I can only do one, and if I help you I can't duel myself. So only if its important.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Just reread the census, felt it pertinent to point out that it's possible, though unlikely, that Siam and Lavinya have their own shared victory condition separate from reconstructing the shrine. The census just said none of the stumps were saboteurs except Tamashi.

Not sure if it's relevant, or if it's the case, but Siam being a stump doesn't necessarily exonerate Lavinya, even if it's likely true.
    I'll just point out that my win condition is I win with the town. 

Also Siam was acting shady. Even I was starting to doubt a little, but the census and getting the pagoda reassured me completely. I am most certainly not scum.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm not really inclined to put pressure on @Lavinya, honestly. I'd rather push on some other unknowns.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @lavinya - my suspicions of the two of you were from a meta "how does the game work" level. To have a thief and the item holder/distributor on the same team is an odd setup, so I feel like there is a clue there to the unknown elements of the game's design.
    I didn't know about your abilities until you revealed them either, only that you had something. I understand why -you- were suspicious given your role (I was a little suspicious of you for the same reasons, wondering if you were my opposite) but I think you're probably what you say you are.

I have a few ways to prove myself still but I'd rather we concentrated elsewhere. There are some real lurkers here still.

• Oh, no, Siam's death made my suspicion drop. I meant that, knowing there are items and interaction, maybe we can piece together ideas about the game itself.

For example, I can give items. You can steal. Siam had an item that he could lose. Should we suspect that there's another thief out there? Are there any other items? On the same team, we can work together with your scanning to see if anyone has items that they shouldn't.
  • Okay Kira just clarified something for me so I need to apologize for a bit of misinformation.

The answer she gave me to my first question, how she had answered it was that there are three factions trying to stop town, but 6 factions with their own win condition. She just clarified that the former was included in the latter. As in there was actually only 3 3p to start, and should be only 1 now with Ilieen and Cyndarin gone.
    Ah, okay, so that's a less worrisome scenario. Good, good. I'm tempted to say that Yarith could easily be third party, thanks to being Shu and kind of unusual and definitely not Touhou. But otherwise I don't know really.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I sleep for 12 hours and come back to a billion posts.

Not really sure what to make of a night-kill immunity investigator, but I guess it makes more sense if they also can kill themselves. I feel like Lavinya is a-ok though.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Lehki said:
    Okay Kira just clarified something for me so I need to apologize for a bit of misinformation.

The answer she gave me to my first question, how she had answered it was that there are three factions trying to stop town, but 6 factions with their own win condition. She just clarified that the former was included in the latter. As in there was actually only 3 3p to start, and should be only 1 now with Ilieen and Cyndarin gone.
    Ah, that does make a whole lot more sense. I was thinking six third parties were a whole lot, even for a game of this size. My personal guess of the last third party is Othero, because of his apparent vanilla-ness and resistance to lynch, but it could just as easily be Yarith for being an off-worlder (although having all off-worlders be third party seems a bit odd).
    Krackenor said:
    Are you satisfied, @Ssaliss?
    Yeah. That power is pretty town'y.
    Ushaara said:
    Ssaliss if you really did copy my other power you shouldn't need to challenge Krackenor. I'm sure he wasn't the arsonist.

That you are challenging everyone now after Lehki's reveal of 6 third parties makes me think you might be one and have to duel everyone for your win.

Your info is great sure, but rawr potential third party!
    The first comment is kinda moot, since I don't duel to specifically try to ferret out the arsonist. Sure, it's a secondary reason, don't get me wrong, but the main reason is to take stock of who is what, and to try to confirm their towniness (which, granted, my copying ability can never do to 100%).

Second, I actually started challenging people after my own reveal. I've also continually challenged people during the whole game, so trying to tie it in with Lehki's reveal is rather flawed.

And yeah, I get that I might seem to be a third party. Unfortunately, it's impossible for me to prove otherwise. All I can do is make arguments as to why I'm not; for instance, town has a way to completely block me from making challenges, which would put my win entirely in town hands. Further, there are people with stronger spellcards than my own, which would mean that my win condition would be impossible to achieve without outside assistance, which again puts it entirely in town hands.
    Krackenor said:
    Nor am I entirely convinced that you are actually copying these abilities as you claim (see, sure, but copy?).

I've already suggested ways for me to prove I can actually copy abilities. If you can think of another way for me to prove that, go right ahead. I've been entirely honest with both my reveal and win conditions (I copy the powers of people I win betted duels against, and I win with town).

And if it helps put people at ease, I've dueled the people I was the most interested in dueling at this point. Everyone alive has either claimed or I've dueled them, which means at this point it would mostly be to reinforce (for instance, I'd like to win duels against Falmiis, Othero, Lavinya, Synkarin and Weiwae in order to strengthen their claims, but they are claims I don't really see a huge problem with, aside from Falmiis, who has been entirely unconfirmed as doctor, AFAIK, and Othero, just to make sure I don't actually get a power from him).
  • Ssaliss said:
    Krackenor said:
    Are you satisfied, @Ssaliss?
    Yeah. That power is pretty town'y.
    Problem with this though is that 3 of the remaining scum started as town, and might still have a town power.
  • Yep, I know. As I said, my duels will never prove anything 100%. It does, however, point in the direction of Krackenor not starting as scum, at least, and that's something.

Honestly, at this point I'm thinking either Iosion or Othero is the arson, and I'm not sure an arson would have a requirement of 66% of the votes. For that matter, I have a hard time seeing a scum having that too, which is why I want to push Othero just over a majority, but not into double majority.
    Speaking for myself, I was very surprised I was a townie when I saw I was an executioner and capable of mocking someone down a vote needed. I would have pinpointed my role as third party or maf, but I was town. Not sure if "powers seem townie" would be viable even in the original setup, basically.
    Daraius said:
  • Ehh...@Ssaliss, you may as well reveal my power; I think we're getting to the point where my silence isn't as useful. I'm off to bed, but I'll answer any questions tomorrow.
  • At work, so just a quick post. Krackenor is a tracker.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Ssaliss less worried now with Lehki's clarification.

But since that's out now, I knew Krackenor's power because I was the chatty role blocker who blocked him a few nights back.

Which now brings me back to Othero, I blocked him last night and am interested in why nothing has been said so far about it on his part. My role sheet indicates that the target will always know they've been targeted since flavour wise it's me lecturing them for the night...
    That just confirms my suspicions a bit more re @Othero. Would love to hear more.

• @Othero, would you mind forfeiting a duel?
  • Vote Othero

I want to see what happens
  • Nope, I have nothing about being blocked last night. I have no night powers so that might be why I never got anything. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Has been a bit of a stewards' enquiry and Kiradawea has confirmed that my chatty role block is only seen if they are trying to act themselves, so don't read too much into Othero not commenting on it. Very possible he is telling the truth there.
  • So, what's the vote count? I believe Othero should be at 9 now, right? @Kira, official count please?
  • Votecount:

Othero: Luce, Lavinya, Ssaliss, Synkarin, Yarith, Sylandra, Tremula, Othero, Krackenor (9)

With 16 voters and 1 in absentia, it is 9 to lynch.

That's a lynch

After reaching a majority consensus, Sylandra and Ssaliss approach Othero who's calmly tending to the flowersbeds scattered about the shrine grounds. They fidget a bit among themselves before Ssaliss steps forward and clears his throat. "Othero." Othero doesn't dignify the request for attention with a response. "Othero?" Ssaliss frowns and looks from Othero and back to Sylandra, fidgeting with his hands. "Look. Othero... even if you don't respond to me, we've taken a vote, and the majority wants you to leave. I'm afraid you're going to have to leave."

Othero doesn't respond at first. He takes his time, meticiously caring for the plants, and only when the last withered leaf is cut from the flowers does he stand up. He looks straight at Ssaliss and his lips twist into a smile. "No."

"I..."

"I'm not leaving." Othero states matter of factly, the smile not once budging from his face. He strides past Ssaliss to another flower bed and kneels down to continue tendering the plants there.

"Wha... Othero?!" Ssaliss steps after Othero, but careless as he is he manages to trample right through the flower bed. Othero pauses and turns around, still with the same smile. But this time it has a far, far more chilling tint to it.

"Ssaliss... you're making a mess of the flower beds."

"Huh. I..." He looks down and leaps out of the flowers, "Look, don't change the subject. I..." The words dry up as Othero, unwavering smile on his face, steps closer to him.

"You're going to clean up the mess you made... right?"

"Yes. Yes. Of course. Of course... please don't hurt me."

"Good." Othero grins brightly and returns to his job.

That... isn't a lynch after all. It'll take at least 11 votes to make Othero comply with a lynch.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Okay, well. If we want to toss Othero, I'm happy to mock him down a vote.

Opinions?
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I don't think it will be difficult to obtain the other two votes, we just have to prod at some lurkers, right? Also, is your mocking down limited in use? While Othero is probably one of the people in mind when the power was designed, I'd rather have it in stock for when we've absolute certainty about a scum (leader) than on someone we're only missing two votes for.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."