Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Have submitted census action, so we should get some confirmation of how many saboteurs are still out there soon.
  • In full view of everyone else, Ushaara pulls out a small scroll. He mutters some words over it and it bursts into flames. He waits for a few moments, and the scroll reconstructs itself out of nothing. But right now there's some information written on it.

A census have been taken, and the results come to the following. There are currently five individuals who are working to sabotage the shrine reconstruction effort. There is currently one individual not native to Gensokyo among the group. It is unknown if there is an overlap between these two groupings.

Among those eliminated, there is only one individual who has tried to sabotage the shrine reconstruction effort.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Hmm @Vivet, willing to help me test something? Essentially, I want to test if I can absorb a power that has been used.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ooh, neat. Didn't realise it'd return alignment results on people already eliminated too.
  • Lehki said:
    Was really hoping for getting another census out of this, because I wasn't sure using the census right now would be the best use of the one shot that's left, but I suppose that's up to Ushaara.

I'm still betting that we had two Godfather's who could recruit, and then a third loner,presumably an arsonist, at the start. Assuming that Tamashi got one before lynch, and the other has recruited 2 by now, I think the Census would turn up 5 saboteurs at the moment. Though that's assuming that neither Kalaneya or Siam were recruited.
    So this sounds basically confirmed. One Taoist and four other cultists. Yarith is the remaining not-from-Touhou character.

Tamashi is the dead saboteur, and Siam and I were town.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Okay this actually gives us a lot to work with. We can examine the lynch trains for both, and presume Lavinya is innocent (or was at least at the time of Siam's lynch).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Does anyone have a list of all the claims that have been made so far by everyone?
  • I had been working on one, but computer crashed and hadn't saved it.  Off the top of my head we had

Yarith: Jailer
    Falmiis: Doctor
    Ssaliss: Copycat
    Vivet: Jack of all Trades
    Breandryn: Shopkeeper/Thief
    Siam: Protector?
    Synkarin: Vote Block
  • Fairly sure Breandryn just claimed shopkeeper/item creator. Lavinya is the thief.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tremula: Echo Shield (Danmaku boost)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok wow. Some filthy liars here. 5 feels like a lot. I also wonder if Iosion being saved from lynch was thanks to scum, seems like a power they'd need most. 

• Well, personally my top two are Lehki (since I didn't get a power from her) and Othero (for his odd claim). Relatively baseless, but this game is kinda throwing me for a loop.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ssaliss said:
    Hmm @Vivet, willing to help me test something? Essentially, I want to test if I can absorb a power that has been used.
    I guess I don't see the harm in trying since you already got my most dangerous power, but I also already lost to Tremula today. Pretty sure that means I can't do anymore challenges until tomorrow.

I may be misunderstanding the rules, but I think that means you can't extend any challenges. People might be able to challenge you? I've pretty much just gone silent on the dueling front every time I've lost and hoped I did better the next time.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, he can challenge then and I can accept, and we'll see whether or not @Kiradawea gives us a duel or some amusing message about me flailing about, attempting to accept when I'm too weak to do so.
  • You can't participate In a duel after you lose, so I can't challenge you today, no. It was mostly as a heads-up for tomorrow.
  • Hmm. I wonder if Kira will allow this...

@Iosion! I challenge you to a duel! Control Sign: Toys for Children!

Also, another person who has been quiet of late:

@Melali! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel!

I'm also open to suggestions for future duels.
  • Hmm. Some worst-case-scenario calculations.

Let's assume that the arsonist is a scum, and that they intend to reach majority through marking people and blowing them all up at once. This means that they now have five scum (I'm assuming they're all on the same team; worst case) and five of us marked for exploding (none of the lynched people were marked). That means we're effectively down to 13 total, of which 5 are scum, which is starting to get dangerous, especially with one of us likely being removed today for inactivity (Iosion) in addition to our lynch. This means that after tonight, we might be down to 10 vs. 5, which would effectively put us at LyLo; the next night they'd blow the bomb and town would lose.

One strategy that I've been considering is if I were to challenge everyone and everyone would forfeit, and we'd see who I'd get what powers from. Needless to say, from an outside perspective I can see this being dubious, since you have no real proof of me being town, and it would also not be conclusive, since there might very well be several people who I couldn't get powers from, and I have no illusions that I'd get the arson power from the arsonist, so all we'd have to go by would be the people I couldn't copy.

I leave it to you all to argue for or against this strategy; I figured I'd just put it out there for consideration.
  • Some data in addition to the above:

I have assumed that the arsonist marks people during nights, and not during duels. However, if we assume duels mark them, this is how it would look:

Counting forfeits, the person who has won the most non-exhibition duels is me, with 6. I am willing to prove that I copy people's powers, and a copycat ability in addition to marking them for arson would be incredibly overpowered. Thus, even without my assurance that I'm not the arsonist, it's objectively very unlikely.

The next one is Luce, with four wins (against Ushaara, Tamashi (who was eliminated), me and Sylandra). I find it improbable, but not impossible, for Luce to be the arsonist for various reasons, including him dueling Tamashi. Even so, it'd only be three marked vs. five during nights.

After that it's Tremula with three, and after that it keeps going down. Thus, worst case scenarion (excluding myself marking them while copying their powers) would be them marking people at night, and that they've never been prevented from doing so or having any of their marks lynched.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Vote: Othero

I'm still susipcious at Melali though.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • BTW, @Weiwae, feel like giving me a boost in these duels?
  • I feel like putting my Vote: Othero in as well. This doesn't sit all that right with me.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Ssaliss , are you attacking me for my spellcards, or for the chance to get my ability? I'm fine either way, but if it's the latter, I can just forfeit, since you still get my ability that way, right? And then neither of us lose anything, and there's no risk of you losing instead, or me activating a Last Word (which I don't have anyway, but still).
  • It was mostly your ability, at least from my point of view. Personally, I'm fine with you forfeiting.
  • Honestly I really doubt all 5 of the saboteur's are on the same team and that we're in that dire of a situation yet.

I also don't like the idea of having Ssaliss duel everybody for the all reasons he mentioned himself, plus I'm suspecting that there's probably a 3p that's goal is to win a lot of duels. I'm not inclined to just give that win like this if it is Ssaliss.

No real evidence of that just something I feel would make sense for Kira to include in the game.
  • I won't argue against your first comment about them all being on the same team; I honestly don't think so either. My calculations was simply on a worst-case-scenario kindof thing. Regardless, we're heading towards a point where we might need to make a call, and I fully expect to see a MyLo or a LyLo coming in a couple of days.
     You do have a point about the power Ssaliss, but I can clear my name in the slight probability of a spell card duel arson. What game master in their right mind would give an arson an exponentially growing buff to their method of arson?

Maybe it's a last word effect? I'm more than confident it's a night power. Are any of the people Cirno froze still chilly? Has anyone received any weird flavour they're willing to share?

• Ssaliss, I forfeit the card battle.

By the way, feel free to state what my ability is, as both more confirmation of your ability as well as confirmation of mine. I would be very surprised if you couldn't copy it, as it isn't very powerful.
  • Okay! I'm heading off to bed, but if I get a copy of your ability I'll share it. I'll also wait until that point before tossing out more challenges. I expect it'll be until 24 hours have passed after me challenging Iosion though.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Vote Othero

He really has been very vague and I find it worrisome.