Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh. Reread, I can apparently fight, just can't wager or have wagered my vote. Interesting. I am, however, going to barbecue you, Cirno, as soon as I figure out which one of you is ⑨.
  • Do we know why Yarith wasn't effected by Synkarin's power?
  • Krackenor said:
    Luce said:
    Honestly, this feels like a powering up of the sickness and the paranoia power. We've only seen one each day, and we just had it proved that it's not because of Ratatoskr. I thought it was Cirno, but Cirno is Synkarin and was jailed one of the nights.
    And the powering up nature of is making me suspect that spell card battles are involved...
    Ooooor I could be wildly off base. Damn you facts  :#
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Did you get any powers from me, @Ssaliss?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I don't think we ever did a betted duel, did we?
  • You did duel Siam on Day 0, but I take it your power doesn't work for exhibition matches?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, needed a wager I think.

That does sound like some pretty overpowered stuff. And if that doll for Iosion wasn't one of yours, it does raise a lot of questions about where such a doll would come from and why it covered for Iosion. Hmm.

• Yeah. Have to be a betted duel. Guess I missed that part of the reveal, but it'd be rather OP for me to get ability uses out of exhibition matches :D Not that I'd complain, I guess, but...
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Knowing how Sylandra and Ssaliss' powers work, I am starting to feel a little better about my "piddly" power, and think it's way more important to start building it up now. @Vivet, I challenge you to a duel of your choosing! Sutras of the Gate!

After today I'll be a little more stingy (and probably try to drop my echo shield on Luce as much as possible) with how/who I put it on, since I highly suspect a loss will weaken my shield (though if it's a total weakening or if it's a -1 weakening I'm not sure and will ask Kiradawea about later). Hopefully in just a day or two we'll have enough oomph on this shield that it can single-handedly turn the tide of a fight against pretty much anyone but Luce. Maybe Yarith will even be able to win danmaku! :D
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Knowing how Sylandra and Ssaliss' powers work, I am starting to feel a little better about my "piddly" power, and think it's way more important to start building it up now. @Vivet, I challenge you to a duel of your choosing! Sutras of the Gate!

After today I'll be a little more stingy (and probably try to drop my echo shield on Luce as much as possible) with how/who I put it on, since I highly suspect a loss will weaken my shield (though if it's a total weakening or if it's a -1 weakening I'm not sure and will ask Kiradawea about later). Hopefully in just a day or two we'll have enough oomph on this shield that it can single-handedly turn the tide of a fight against pretty much anyone but Luce. Maybe Yarith will even be able to win danmaku! :D
    Well, another thought is to put it on a duel of mine that Weiwae supercharges. I'm guessing that'd even punch through Luce.
    @Tremula Is there a specific wager you might prefer?
    Luce has hinted pretty hard at his last words, though, and I wouldn't want something bad to happen to both your charge and mine. I'm thinking at worst case scenario, he might kill/permanently roleblock the person who finally manages to beat him in a duel. 

Vivet said:
    @Tremula Is there a specific wager you might prefer?
    I don't have any last words, or really anything super in my spellcards that makes the immediately necessary. I also don't think either of us is likely to come on blast with a sudden lynch train (or be inactive and unable to fend one off should one arise) so Spellcards or Resilience will be fine. I'm leaning towards the latter because I'm not sure what you have up your sleeve that you might want to keep up your sleeve.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ssaliss said:
    Yeah. Have to be a betted duel. Guess I missed that part of the reveal, but it'd be rather OP for me to get ability uses out of exhibition matches :D Not that I'd complain, I guess, but...

Yet it's not OP to gain things from forfeited duels? Even Tamashi didn't get info from forfeiting! :| Ngl, I'm slightly annoyed since I intentionally tried to avoid these scenarios early on, haha.

Hmm. Part of me thinks Ssaliss is too dangerous to keep around and another part of me thinks if he's town he's a huge help. But this arsenal of abilities is bad in the wrong hands. He's not done anything untoward yet, but the abilities he has (mine + Vivet's kill) could be a killer combo late game if he's anti-town. I don't want to get unexpectedly knifed in the back later, so I don't think I can feel safe with Ssaliss just yet.

Knowing how Sylandra and Ssaliss' powers work,

I don't understand what you mean by this, @Tremula. Do you mean how Ssaliss's power works in taking a power, or do you mean how my execution power was a daypower, or are you suggesting something else? I haven't yet claimed what my other power is.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Okay. I accept your challenge, Tremula. We will fight for resilience, and you shall be met with Stalking Tiger.
    Sylandra said:
    I don't understand what you mean by this, @Tremula. Do you mean how Ssaliss's power works in taking a power, or do you mean how my execution power was a daypower, or are you suggesting something else? I haven't yet claimed what my other power is.

I thought you had claimed something that works based off of victorious danmaku, but then again I'm coming off of a three-day drinking binge and may have read or remembered poorly. An easy mistake to make, since there have been at least five duel-based powers (Ssaliss, Tamashi, possible second cult leader, possible arsonist, whatever person I'm thinking of that isn't you) brought up.

Tremula said:
    Sylandra said:

I thought you had claimed something that works based off of victorious danmaku, but then again I'm coming off of a three-day drinking binge and may have read or remembered poorly. An easy mistake to make, since there have been at least five duel-based powers (Ssaliss, Tamashi, possible second cult leader, possible arsonist, whatever person I'm thinking of that isn't you) brought up.
    I don't gain anything from dueling, except an ability to use my Last Words, which I chose not to use last dayphase.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Assuming he doesn't lose, we can always ask ⑨ to challenge/wager Ability if we wanna make sure he doesn't cause mischief tonight. Heck, I'll do it as payback if one of you points out which one's actually Synkarin.
  • Luce said:
    Assuming he doesn't lose, we can always ask ⑨ to challenge/wager Ability if we wanna make sure he doesn't cause mischief tonight. Heck, I'll do it as payback if one of you points out which one's actually Synkarin.
    If that was towards me and me wagering Ability, I'm guessing you missed that I revealed this so that town essentially gets an unending supply of coroner/surveys?
  • Ssaliss said:
    Luce said:
    If that was towards me and me wagering Ability, I'm guessing you missed that I revealed this so that town essentially gets an unending supply of coroner/surveys?
    ⑨ is Cirno/Synkarin.
  • Yeah, I got that part (although the reference escapes me). It was mostly "causing mischief" and betting ability right after my reveal that had me thinking he wanted me to bet ability.
    Ssaliss said:
    Luce said:
    So as long as you're dueling Ushaara you get more abilities? Infinitely?

In that case I will ask you not to duel me again, as I trust the use of the coroner ability, but I currently remain somewhat suspicious of you. My power can be used if you want me to do so, but I trust myself with it more than I currently trust you.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, right. Got confused, meant you, not Synkarin. Can't tell which way is up. Anyway, point being that if we aren't sure you're town we aren't sure whether you having an endless supply of coroner's reports and surveys is worth the risk of you having access to Vivet's Strongarm kill. 

We also don't know if you'll get anything out of Ushaara, if you doing so burns Ush's last charge, or if when you receive the power it isn't corrupted into a paranoid/insane version. After all, a doll would inherently be inferior to the original, yes? 

Alternately, Syl may just be trying to stir up trouble. I've got a headache and it's hard to tell.
  • Fair points, but consider the following:

1) "is worth the risk of you having access to Vivet's Strongarm kill". I've had that kill since day one. I still haven't used it. The only difference is that you now know I have it; nothing else has changed.

2) "if you doing so burns Ush's last charge". It didn't burn Vivet's kill, at least. I did consider that point for a while, but I think the risk is extremely low, since Vivet was unchanged.

3) "After all, a doll would inherently be inferior to the original, yes?" How dare you, sir? My dolls are second to none. (truth be told though, since I haven't used a single ability I've gotten, I obviously can't promise anything)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I assume you need to win the duel to copy the ability, so will use weakest,

Ssaliss, I accept the challenge. We fight for resilience. Flower of a Lost Soul!

As a heads up, you may get a different power off me. If you do you'll see why I was willing to vouch for Krackenor earlier.
    I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm trying to be skeptical of things that seem too good to be true.

I do think it's safe letting @Ssaliss copy @Ushaara's ability. I don't see that being anything but positive for town.

(My ability though could be used against town, hence my request that Ssaliss not duel me.)
    Daraius said:
    @Kiradawea Probably a residual discrepancy since we learned Falmiis -was- blocked by Vivet iirc in the night phase the report talks about, but can you clarify if the news report reporting that Falmiis visited Weiwae took that into account or are we dealing with role block immunity?
  • Anyone else find it weird we had a coroner report yesterday but no report today?
    Read over previous day phase again. I've only one more coroner/census action!
    Othero said:
    Anyone else find it weird we had a coroner report yesterday but no report today?
    Read Ushaara's earlier post re: claiming coroner and how it was an X-shot ability.

Side-bar: You have really flown under the radar this game, Mr. Great and Powerful. When you post, it's generally to poke someone and see how they react, then back off. I honestly can't tell if you're busy or if you're trying to "stir up trouble," as the kids say.
    Daraius said: