Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    How many votes is that now? And did I lose the duel to the Invincible Luce yet?
    Hmm. That raises an interesting question... @Luce, do you get any negative effects from losing duels (other than what the bet is)? I.e. is it in your best interest to never lose a duel?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My Last Word relies on me losing, but that's the only mention of a loss I'm aware of. If there's something hidden for me losing to someone, I don't know about it. Just the nice thing I get for winning. =D
  • Well, the Last Word for losing is pretty universal, I think (my own require a loss as well, and I'm 90% sure I saw it in the rules somewhere). Did you ever go into more detail about what you gain from winning duels?
  • Siam said:
    Krackenor said:
    Siam said:
    Lehki said:
    Siam said:
    While we're all wondering why Iosion is missing, Imma sweep the shrine here and there.
    Aren't you just a voice on the radio at this point? 

@Ushaara can you give us a bit more details about how the census works exactly? 
    Being an Avatar of a God, I am more than a voice! I am a ghost! 
    In the Tohou world, Shu, my role, is the Avatar of Bishamonten.
    Wait, now I'm confused... Wasn't Yarith the one claiming to be Shu? 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It strongly benefits from the element of surprise. Ushaara can confirm what it is. Come to think, didn't you lose a wagered bet?
  • I've lost several wagered bets... Was there any in particular you were curious about?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Against me. Or was our duel day-0? (me say day-0)
  • It was day two if my notes are correct, but yes, I did lose a wagered duel against you. You were the challenger and played Wrath of a Woman Scorned, and I played Sacrificial Stratagem. The bet was Resilience. I don't really see the connection here though.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Odd...Ushaara got told what it did, and so did Tamashi.
  • Ooooh, right, it was that duel. Yeah, it did something. It just didn't really affect me all that much, so I kinda forgot about it.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Luce said:
    It strongly benefits from the element of surprise. Ushaara can confirm what it is. Come to think, didn't you lose a wagered bet?

While it's on the table, I have Last Words but I have no intention of using them today.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Ushaara I'm much more interested in the census than the coroner report. It would be good to know where we stand right now.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Well, the Last Word for losing is pretty universal, I think (my own require a loss as well, and I'm 90% sure I saw it in the rules somewhere). Did you ever go into more detail about what you gain from winning duels?
    Not everyone has last words, so it's not a universal thing.
  • Well, now you know who I've been spending too much time with...

Vote: Iosion
  • I'd really rather get a replacement in, but I guess that's not happening.

Vote: Iosion
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Guys, I'm pretty sure he was out, like, 5 votes ago, at least.
  • Then umm, @Kiradawea could we get a vote count? :)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Krackenor said:
    Siam said:
    Krackenor said:
    Siam said:
    Lehki said:
    Siam said:
    While we're all wondering why Iosion is missing, Imma sweep the shrine here and there.
    Aren't you just a voice on the radio at this point? 

@Ushaara can you give us a bit more details about how the census works exactly? 
    Being an Avatar of a God, I am more than a voice! I am a ghost! 
    In the Tohou world, Shu, my role, is the Avatar of Bishamonten.
    Wait, now I'm confused... Wasn't Yarith the one claiming to be Shu? 
    Typo! I ment Shou Toramaru!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So uh...if Iosion isn't out, @Vivet, I challenge you to a duel! Sutras of the Gate!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hrm, do we think converted people keep their powers?
  • edited October 2016
    Luce challenges Sylandra:
    "Twilight Curse!" Sylandra flicks her spellcard into the air where it bursts into a constellation of sparkling stars that circle around her before releasing bursts of smaller stars that drift aimlessly towards Luce, followed by the occasional string of stars that shoot straight towards him. If the spellcard had been given time to properly activate, the steadily increasing number of stars that linger would've probably eventually boxed in Luce. But there's no way Luce will allow that to happen. Sylandra is subject to a burst of intense fires that burn her stars to dust and eventually overwhelm her, leaving her stunned and unable to act.

Sylandra has been roleblocked

Vote count:
    Iosion: Sylandra, Ssaliss, Breandryn, Tremula, Luce, Falmiis, Lavinya, Krackenor, Yarith, Weiwae, Breandryn (11)

With 17 voters, it is 9 to lynch.

That's not a lynch. That's a massacre!

The group congregates around a weirdly unresponsive Iosion. Weiwae gives Iosion a curious poke, and she falls over, revealing that Iosion was actually a doll. There's a note attached to the clothes that reads "sorry to leave you guys hanging like this, but something came up back at home that I really have to fix. I promise I'll be back tomorrow and do my best to help you all out there as best as I can. Hugs 'n kisses. Iosion." Disgruntled you throw the doll aside. Looks like you won't be eliminating Iosion today after all. But at least she won't be able to pull this trick twice. Next time, you'll be prepared.

Iosion has survived the lynch.

It is now night 4. Night 4 lasts for 48 hours, or until I've received all night actions.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • (And yeah Sylandra. You'll be warned of MyLo and LyLo situations.)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Dawn is approaching. Results of night actions are being sent out.
  • Dawn approaches, and just like every night so far, things seem to have been exceedingly quiet. At least for most people. Luce seems to have come down with a very severe case of the sniffles. Any attempt to speak is met with a shower of loud sneezes, to the point that Luce's utterly incapable of differentiating between people. You leave him with a bowl of chicken soup and then return to asking yourselves the question. Is there even any saboteurs still around, or was Miko the only one considering the apparent lack of any active acts of sabotage. Well, Reimu's not back, so might as well continue with the assumption that there's still people out there that would want to humiliate Reimu. Because it'd be shorter to list the people of Gensokyo that don't have a legitimate beef with the Shrine Maiden.

Welcome to Gensokyo's Day 5

Today's news:
    Due to a lack of response, Iosion is tentatively tethering on elimination by inaction. If anyone wants to take over his role, let me know. If no one takes over and Iosion does not respond during this day, he'll be automatically eliminated.
    Luce counts as voting for everyone today. You can not make any vote bet danmaku fights involving Luce.

Finally, a copy of today's Bunbunmaru news has been delivered to the shrine for everyone to read.

---
    Gensokyo's Premier Investigative Reporter Pursues Greatest Scoop Yet

Good evening, loyal readers. I know you will forgive me for being short with you tonight, for I am writing this article while lying in wait outside the dwelling of the one I believe, nay...KNOW, is the source of all of our tribulations. If I am right, which I am, tomorrow will bring about the unmasking of our feared arson! But you must be patient until then, loyal readers, for I must conserve all of my considerable focus and attention for the task at hand. In the meantime, please enjoy these six dozen photos of Reimu Hakurei disguising herself as common household items and rock formations.

Oh, and before I forget...Falmiis did indeed visit Weiwae the previous evening, though for what purpose I can only BEGIN to imagine.

Until tomorrow,
    Aya Shameimaru
    ---

Welcome to Gensokyo day 5. With 16 voters and 1 in absentia, it is 9 to lynch.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    ....Can I take over Iosion? :O 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• No.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Whaaaaaat. Who's the arson?!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok I really hope someone can shed some light here!

I have not been visited to my knowledge, I presume if I had there would have been some sort of notice.

I went on a treasure hunt last night. Other than that, I know little.

• Wait so, was that doll yesterday one of Iosion's power?