Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oh wait, Sylandra is the executioner? Whoops, totally missed that a few posts back.
  • I don't think I was blocked - my PM is pretty clear about me protecting Weiwae.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yep. I am the Tamashi-slayer. You're all welcome.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Falmiis said:
    I don't think I was blocked - my PM is pretty clear about me protecting Weiwae.
    Well, I certainly did try, so it is odd it would go without mention and that there is no indication I was roleblocked in kind. Unless someone else happens to be a bus driver, but we already had Kalaneya as one. Hmm.
  • Well this just raises MORE questions  :#
    So either Falmiis is lying, or someone was bus-driven. Hm hm hm!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Just got this:

Lavinya tells you, "You idiot! Sylandra is following the cries of the unforgiven."

It's like Lusternia is trying to tell me something...

In all seriousness, is there an order of resolution being used for night powers? If so, that might explain why so much stuff seems to just not be working, if someone's ability resolves last and it's a block.
  • Vivet said:
    Falmiis said:
    I don't think I was blocked - my PM is pretty clear about me protecting Weiwae.
    Well, I certainly did try, so it is odd it would go without mention and that there is no indication I was roleblocked in kind. Unless someone else happens to be a bus driver, but we already had Kalaneya as one. Hmm.
    It would be cruel and unusual to have another bus driver, but...maybe not impossible :/
    Here's another possibility: Kalaneya lied about being the bus driver. Perhaps she was a scum, and pretended to have someone mafioso power to cover herself.

Seems a lot more likely than two bus drivers imho.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    Here's another possibility: Kalaneya lied about being the bus driver. Perhaps she was a scum, and pretended to have someone mafioso power to cover herself.

Seems a lot more likely than two bus drivers imho.
    While I can see bus driver fitting her role character, I do have to admit I was initially worried she could be a tailor if she were not Ratatoskr.

Hmm, when was the last time we heard from Iosion?

• Breandryn said:
    In all seriousness, is there an order of resolution being used for night powers? If so, that might explain why so much stuff seems to just not be working, if someone's ability resolves last and it's a block.
    They're generally resolved "optimally". I can't remember the order off-hand, but blockers are pretty high on the list. You should never have a situation where someone blocks someone else and that someone else actually manages to do something (there might be a few cases, but those are in the nature of commuter powers etc). Just like doctors should always be able to protect someone (barring special circumstances; powerblock and jailing, for instance).
    @Iosion and @Othero could join us a bit more. Been a bit quiet on that front.

Another possibility while I'm thinking of it: perhaps we have someone like Viola in the Shakespeare game, where you can choose an offed person's abilities and absorb them as your own. Which would mean someone inherited Kalaneya's bus driving powers.

There is still the possibility Falmiis is lying. But. The risk there is we could kill our doctor on misinformation. :/
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I don't know what to think. Something isn't adding up here. I really think the quieter people need to speak up, I can't help but feel scum are slipping through the cracks by not being noticed.

• Sylandra said:
    Falmiis said:
    Were you the executioner Sylandra?
    Since you're asking? Yes. I was.
    Is execution your only power, or do you have some other power as well? Not asking you to reveal, just wondering if there is one.
    I'm going to say execution was the most powerful ability at my disposal, but it was limited to one-use. It's not my only ability, however.
    Daraius said:
    (I honestly cannot tell if I'm being asked these questions in earnest, or if I'm being asked in order to size me up as a decent conversion target. Cults make me so paranoid, tbh.)
    Daraius said:
  • Not from my side, at least. Personally, if you had responded with only having execution, then I would start thinking something was up. For now, I buy your claim.
    Now see, I've been kinda suspicious of Weiwae for a little while now, and having Falmiis claim to have protected him, of all people, when Vivet tells us she blocked him....well. Any of them could be lying (or even not) but it doesn't really ease my suspicions.

• If there was a bus driver, I would gather that either the target, or the person targeting them, would have known that the target changed. Thus, I suspect that either Vivet or Falmiis is lying, and is simply sticking to their story to enhance confusion and protect themselves. 

My greatest suspicion is still on Yarith, for being someone who we can verify didn't tell the Town extremely relevant information.

Anyway, I've been told I've been quiet. I don't believe any of the information I have would benefit Town, but is there something someone wants to know...?
  • Melali said:
    Anyway, I've been told I've been quiet. I don't believe any of the information I have would benefit Town, but is there something someone wants to know...?
    Well, if you have the names of the scum, that'd be good.

All kidding aside, it's hard for us to ask for information that we don't know you have. I also assume you would've told us if you had crucial info, so... yeah. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Guys, just saying: I've been getting messages that confirmed I was roleblocked even during a night phase where I did nothing. SOMEONE is lying.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    And from past mafia experience with Kira, she's always been pretty clear about roleblocks, ie whether you or your target got roleblocked.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Except in those instances there are errors in my notes. In the interest of fairness, I did make a mistake last night, and the relevant parties have been informed about the error.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Ok apparently I did get roleblocked.
    okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay well that changes things.

Frankly I'm still suspicious of Yarith, but others who have offered virtually nothing are Othero, Krackenor and Iosion.

Ah, so the block did go through I guess.
  • Hey, work has sucked this week.

I will say that I'm the most suspicious of Yarith and Sylandra. Sylandra because I think using here execution was a risky move for her unless she was better informed about the compeating mafia team then the town was.
    Othero said:
    Hey, work has sucked this week.

I will say that I'm the most suspicious of Yarith and Sylandra. Sylandra because I think using here execution was a risky move for her unless she was better informed about the compeating mafia team then the town was.

I wondered when someone was going to ask about this!

Look at it from this perspective. Executioner is a swingy power. We have reason to believe a cult is in play. It's a power that, if held onto, could be extraordinarily strong in a cult late game--you could save your buddy from a lynch, you could even end the game early if you knew the right numbers of townies were in play.

But I didn't start mafia or cult or third party. I started town. And I am still town.

Day 1 was long and boring and everyone kept changing their minds. I'm an impatient person and decided, let's try something bold and end the day once it looks like a good plan to do so. The margin for error is more forgiving at the start of the game, and with so many people in play, the Day 1 lynch train is the hardest to get chugging.

Tamashi was consistently being an irritant and convincing everyone (unwisely) to duel. I was suspicious of his motives, and I thought his playing style was risky for town. Further he refused to calm down when asked, and though I wanted to initially wait for a Siam lynch, Tamashi's behavior kept escalating and when he decided to solo-vote for me in the midst of two struggling lynch trains, I decided "ok you wanna play, lets play."

Frankly I did a little dance when I found out he was mafia. I thought he was just being a divisive townie! So satisfying.

A few additional notes: 

If I were a cultie the best thing to use the executioner power for would be to save someone from a lynch. The other highest lynch train was Siam, who I have pushed for and helped lynch, as the first vote in fact that dayphase. So I didn't really save anyone. I don't think the "vote sylandra" train was really going to gain much traction with Tamashi as its sole voter, so I wasn't really in danger of being lynched myself either.

I'd also like to point out something regarding me being executioner: if I were in Tamashi's cult, I would not have chosen to execute him. So I'm in the limited group of people we can confirm Tamashi himself didn't convert, meaning at the very least I didn't inherit his cult recruitment power (assuming someone did).
    Daraius said:
  • Yes, but if you are in an alternative cult I think it is safe to assume you knew a 2nd cult existed and that they can recruit. That appears to be the setup we have from Tamashi's role info. Cutting the enemy cult out early is a smarter play then saving someone in yours from a lynch with the execution. In that scenario you have most likely only earned a day before the lynch starts back up. An execution on a townie who isn't the person the train is on is a good way to confirm that the train was going in the right direction.

All I can tell you is I am not a member of an alternate cult and did not know Tamashi's alignment for certain. You're welcome to suspect worse of me.
    Daraius said: