QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rideta said:
    Xenthos said:
    I hope one of you typo'd it.
    Actually, whenever I've seen that message, the mob in question actually did drop the essence specified. Make sure that's not the case before typo-ing it and BUG if so!
    As Luce said, I am referring to the actual typo.

The essence thing has been around forever; essence has a "reset to base type" timer that is not sync'd to its "reset to corpse" timer, so you can sometimes regather it before it has become normal again.

You also used to be able to regather essence from corpses because the essence reset to mobs was not sync'd to respawn timer.  This led to people like me getting 2x essence from one corpse and the ne
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sakaki said:
    A bit of silvery essence tumbles out of a decaying gargoyle.

Something seems a little... wrong.
    They likely picked it up after it was dropped by someone who died in Earth.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Someone killed the gargoyle an hour ago and dropped the tainted essence over Moon River's waterfall. The mob repopped and the essence respawned, but hadn't reset yet.
  • I won't put the person on the spot, but I recently received the following message:
    Somebody said:
    Oh! I mailed you a letter, but I think I got all caught up in mailing it that I forgot to sign the thing - if you see a beautiful note with butterflies on it, that is from me! If you get two of the same...I dunno what then, but if the second one mentions evil things or romantic things, it's likely that mine is instead the first, although if it mentions hungry things that could be me as well, though I did not mention that MUCH in MY letter.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Is it Gavriel?

I bet it's Gavriel.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
     so I accidently begged one of the guards  today...
    Explaining your abject poverty, you humbly request a little help from a dark nighthag.
    A dark nighthag rolls her eyes, mumbling about what she can afford on her meager pay.

Responses: 
    - We need to pay those guys properly! they're  not getting paid to stand around all day! 
    -We pay you? I'll have to look into that. 
    -Pay? PAY? NOTHING MATTERS BUT GLOMDORING!

We pay them in the blood of our enemies. Where they get the gold from is anyone's guess. ;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited November 2016
    They steal it from the Power Ministry when we summon them.  Thieves.  :(
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Xenthos said:
    They steal it from the Power Ministry when we summon them.  Thieves.  :(
    So, what I'm hearing is that we Seren are welcome to come and deal them the justice the little thieves deserve.

There's no possibility I misheard or misinterpreted that statement. Nope.

(Especially since I'm pretty sure a single guard could take me out.)
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    If a single guard takes you out, then a stiff breeze will also take you out. :p
  • Oh man, all the war stories of Ixion are true! He can kill artifact-ish creatures with a single boot to the head.
  • Dhani said:
    Oh man, all the war stories of Ixion are true! He can kill artifact-ish creatures with a single boot to the head.
    I know he can implode prisoner skulls with a single boot. We've got evidence. :P
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Serenguard Torgaddon Hartfire says to Eleniel, "I don't know what it is. I just acted rudely to one of my Serenguard."

Curiously, Glimmer of Moondust, Eleniel says to Torgaddon, "Has there been any recent changes? Have you been astral
    hunting?"

OMG, she's adorable <3 .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited November 2016
    Another day in the trials and tribulations of Ixion's Tainted Boot:

*After Murdering enemy stag pet*

(The Crux): Ixion says, "Stag down."

The illusion cast by Avurekhos's mask of a featureless marionette ripples and falls away, revealing him.
    Ixion leaps into the air and launches a flying kick at a handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail.
    Ixion connects.
    Ixion has scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!!!
    A hideous archdemon springs to a handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail's defence.
    The Nil Grim Horror springs to a handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail's defence.
    The final blow proves too much for a handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail, who 
    expires, pitifully.
    A handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail has been slain by Ixion.
    A handsome, copper brown stag with a fluffy white tail shimmers and fades away from sight.

Ixion rolls on the floor, laughing.

Damned Avurekhos Myeras, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Okay, moving back to Capricorn..."

Salome stares implacably at Ixion.

Avurekhos stares blankly at Ixion.

You give Ixion the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to you, "See what I mean?"

You say, "That Nil-damned boot of yours ought be put in a museum."

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says to you, "Every kick. Good nil."

---Later---

The illusion cast by Veyils's skittering spider costume ripples and falls away, revealing her.
    Ixion leaps into the air and launches a flying kick at Veyils.
    Ixion connects.
    The illusion cast by Ixion's tattered stole of rotting sable silk ripples and falls away, revealing 
    him.
    An arc of lightning is reflected back at Ixion.

Ixion nods his head at Veyils.

Damned Avurekhos Myeras, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Nope."

Damned Avurekhos Myeras, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Not this time, Ixion."

Veyils gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Kalas Ixion, the Devouring Blade says, "It only works on denizens."

Avurekhos nods solemnly.

Damned Avurekhos Myeras, Crimson Fist of Luciphage says, "Rest in pieces, Stag slated for a tainted transformation."

----
    I'm not saying crit runes should be renamed or anything, but Boot of the Devourer has a nice ring to it.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Bug #15462 Resolution: Introducing quite possible the worst skill in Veneration. AB file has been updated. ReverentContemplations TRIPLES health regen while sleeping - so good!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Baelfyre has been torn to shreds by Sir Romaan Hartfire, Bastion of the Covenant.
    You see the death occur at the Inner Sea.  (2956, 3084, 2957, ...)
    From your knowledge, that room might be in Inner Sea.

I'm not sure, maybe?
  • Luce said:
    Baelfyre has been torn to shreds by Sir Romaan Hartfire, Bastion of the Covenant.
    You see the death occur at the Inner Sea.  (2956, 3084, 2957, ...)
    From your knowledge, that room might be in Inner Sea.

I'm not sure, maybe?
    I've been around the block a few times. I think that might be the inner sea?

• I just need to record this because I probably won't see it again:

Lavinya tells you, "You are the best daughter a mother can ever have."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ellowyn said:
    I just need to record this because I probably won't see it again:

Lavinya tells you, "You are the best daughter a mother can ever have."
    Look at you, ruining my reputation. Hmph.

I'd blame it on an astral tell.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Men in Gaudiguch flirt weirdly:

Eltorinus tells you, "I bet you'd be adorable drunk."

You tell Howler of Melodies, Eltorinus Rassad, Carouser of Chaos, "I bet I'd be a bit sick! I drank some beer once and it made me a bit dizzy."

Eltorinus tells you, "Aww."

Eltorinus tells you, "I will hold your hair back."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Clearly you've never seen Luce attempt flirting. He's TERRIBLE at it.
    Oh Eltorinus.
  • edited November 2016
    Run
  • Power Minister Lendren Starfall, Crafter of Visions says, "Perhaps someday after we master the arts of building floating cities and ships that travel through aetherspace and rituals that can reach across the world, we'll invent a saw."
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian

• Drakius says, "Wait."

Drakius says, "Don't I know you?"

Captain Rolan Vessandril says, "Possibly. I'm old and tough, and have been around a long time, like forgotten jerky."
  • Yarith touches a finger to the ruby fused upon Of Crimson Clay, Shaddus D'Cente, Quintessence of Taint and it twinkles for a final time before turning to dust.

Stop breaking things.