General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Thyelleia said:
    I just got a call from my former flatmates with whom I lived from last September till this February in intermediate rent. Apparently, we have to pay 1200€ as subsequent payment for last year's gas which is quite a LOT. At first, I wondered but then I realised that it was probably because one of my flatmates couldn't be bothered to get her heater fixed so she always put mine on the highest setting and opened my door to heat the whole appartment while I was away. I allowed her to do that since I felt sorry for her and didn't want her to be cold (as a result, my plants died due to the tropical climate and I often had to ventilate the room for a while until it was bearable enter). However, I didn't expect her to ALWAYS keep it that high like when I was away for a whole weekend. And she also could have gotten her own heater fixed but after she missed the mechanic once because she was sleeping, she didn't bother to do anything again and instead kept using mine.

So here I am, having to pay 200€ which is like two months worth of food. Basically, they decided to divide the amount through three and then split the part of the girl, whose room I lived in, into two. All my friends are saying that I should protest and insist on paying less since it was not my fault (said overheating flatmate was also fond of long baths - also heatd by gas - with her boyfriend, effectively blocking the bathroom and the toilet for an hour from time to time) but I do not want to part with them on bad terms and feel sorry for them for having to pay that much even though it's probably easier for them than for me.

Sorry for the long rant...I do not usually rant or vent but I just had to get it off my chest. I already had my colleagues take the Nutella glass away from be because I wouldn't stop eating while ranting (and involuntarily entertaining the whole corridor...now, they have something to add to my stupid-things-she-did-list).
    Interpersonal conflicts are especially tricky once money's involved, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I can completely understand feeling bad and not wanting to make trouble, but this seems like one of those situations where you should put your foot down and stand up for yourself. You don't have to be mean about it if you don't want to be, but I do think you should say something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking someone to pay their fair share of a cost, and if she has a problem with being respectfully requested to do so, that's on her, not on you.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I was mistaken for a New Zealander. :angry:

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Well you all sound the same, only way we can tell which is which is checking who has a criminal background.

*Flees for his f##king life.*

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Phoebus said:
    Thyelleia said:
    I just got a call from my former flatmates with whom I lived from last September till this February in intermediate rent. Apparently, we have to pay 1200€ as subsequent payment for last year's gas which is quite a LOT. At first, I wondered but then I realised that it was probably because one of my flatmates couldn't be bothered to get her heater fixed so she always put mine on the highest setting and opened my door to heat the whole appartment while I was away. I allowed her to do that since I felt sorry for her and didn't want her to be cold (as a result, my plants died due to the tropical climate and I often had to ventilate the room for a while until it was bearable enter). However, I didn't expect her to ALWAYS keep it that high like when I was away for a whole weekend. And she also could have gotten her own heater fixed but after she missed the mechanic once because she was sleeping, she didn't bother to do anything again and instead kept using mine.

So here I am, having to pay 200€ which is like two months worth of food. Basically, they decided to divide the amount through three and then split the part of the girl, whose room I lived in, into two. All my friends are saying that I should protest and insist on paying less since it was not my fault (said overheating flatmate was also fond of long baths - also heatd by gas - with her boyfriend, effectively blocking the bathroom and the toilet for an hour from time to time) but I do not want to part with them on bad terms and feel sorry for them for having to pay that much even though it's probably easier for them than for me.

Sorry for the long rant...I do not usually rant or vent but I just had to get it off my chest. I already had my colleagues take the Nutella glass away from be because I wouldn't stop eating while ranting (and involuntarily entertaining the whole corridor...now, they have something to add to my stupid-things-she-did-list).
    Interpersonal conflicts are especially tricky once money's involved, and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I can completely understand feeling bad and not wanting to make trouble, but this seems like one of those situations where you should put your foot down and stand up for yourself. You don't have to be mean about it if you don't want to be, but I do think you should say something. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking someone to pay their fair share of a cost, and if she has a problem with being respectfully requested to do so, that's on her, not on you.
    Thank you very much for your words. I really just had to get it off my chest. I will try to make the best of the situation and maybe convince them that I could pay a bit less.

My only problem is, that is clashes with my main anxiety cause. My greatest fear is somebody being mad at me or not liking me (hence I do not raid) even if it is not my fault. I know that I should care less about what people think of me and instead focus on doing what feels good to me but then I always have this nagging feeling of making somebody sad or angry. I got offered food by the guys at work and my landlady though which made me very happy.
  • Lavinya said:
    You're posting in the wrong thread.
  • edited November 2016
    This was meant for the Absence Thread, but I'm home now, no broken bones. Whee.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Thyelleia said:
    Phoebus said:
    Thyelleia said:

Thank you very much for your words. I really just had to get it off my chest. I will try to make the best of the situation and maybe convince them that I could pay a bit less.

My only problem is, that is clashes with my main anxiety cause. My greatest fear is somebody being mad at me or not liking me (hence I do not raid) even if it is not my fault. I know that I should care less about what people think of me and instead focus on doing what feels good to me but then I always have this nagging feeling of making somebody sad or angry. I got offered food by the guys at work and my landlady though which made me very happy.
    I completely understand. I was the same way for a long time, and still am in some respects. However it's solved, I hope you get through it with a solution you're ok with, and with minimal anxiety. Remember that your happiness is just as important as everyone else's, and that even if one person gets annoyed with you, there are still so many more people who think you're great. <3
  • edited November 2016
    Decided to get a pizza delivered in tonight, very unimpressed that the driver tried to walk off without giving me my change.

(NZ does not follow tipping as a custom, plus delivery drivers here get a respectable wage ($16.50/hr at one of the major chains here) along with a driver allowance per delivery. There is NO reason they should assume they can walk off without giving change.)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited November 2016
    6.6 magnitude earthquake occurred a little under 2 hours ago near the southeastern coast of the north island of NZ. Tsunami warnings currently in place.  Was not personally affected due to living in Auckland, to the far north, hoping other NZ lusterians are safe and well.
  • Sakaki said:
    6.6 magnitude earthquake occurred a little under 2 hours ago near the southeastern coast of the north island of NZ. Tsunami warnings currently in place.  Was not personally affected due to living in Auckland, to the far north, hoping other NZ lusterians are safe and well.
    I live in the UK, but my sentiments are the same. I was just reading it on the news. Hope everyone is safe there.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Kendra said:
    Sakaki said:
    I live in the UK, but my sentiments are the same. I was just reading it on the news. Hope everyone is safe there.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11747414

Seems initial reports under-measured the earthquake - updated reports measure it at magnitude 7.5 - Tsunami warnings are still in place.
  • Sakaki said:
    Kendra said:
    Sakaki said:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11747414

Seems initial reports under-measured the earthquake - updated reports measure it at magnitude 7.5 - Tsunami warnings are still in place.
    One Tsunami has already hit, I heard? More are due?
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Yup, tsunami-class waves measuring around 2m in height have been reported in a couple of areas.  Don't know anything beyond that though.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lol at students asking me to give them a sample essay when I literally made that available weeks ago and had previously assigned reading it for homework. It's like I'm talking to myself.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Had a policeman show up while I was smoking on my front stoop and apparently one of the people in the neighborhood called about a 'suspicious figure loitering'. Despite being terrified beyond belief, the cop was more than happy to accept the letter in my hand with my name and address as proof I lived here and went on his way. I'm not even threatening, why would anyone call the police on me? :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    Had a policeman show up while I was smoking on my front stoop and apparently one of the people in the neighborhood called about a 'suspicious figure loitering'. Despite being terrified beyond belief, the cop was more than happy to accept the letter in my hand with my name and address as proof I lived here and went on his way. I'm not even threatening, why would anyone call the police on me? :(
    Aww, big hug, dealing with the police even when you've done nothing wrong can be stressful. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Tremula said:
    ...racists empowered by a trump victory?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tonight I went up to the harbor to play some pogo and get away from my horrible bad news feed, and there was a man in the park screaming about Trump and Jesus, and making America great again, damning Trump's political enemies, by name, 'to the fires of hell,' and warning us to be wary of the barbarians, 'the illegals,' and the 'criminal blacks.' His voice carried really well over the water.

That is a thing that happens now on a Monday night, 25 minutes east of NYC.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Before I started getting treated for the right things, in the right way, I was a pretty shitty person. I've really tried to change who I am, but it's hard to overcome a bad past. Accidentally missed my sister's bridal shower due to a bad address on the invitation + my phone hating me, and now I feel like my progress in my family's eyes has fallen away. Really bummed and I feel so bad about doing that to my sister.
  • That was really nice to read, thank you :)<3
  • On my way to work on my bike today, had 3 people who decided to, rather than wait for a good time to pass me, just shoot by within inches of me at full speed. 

Was so startled the first time I almost swerved into the parked cars, and did actually knock one cars mirror off. xP
    Got my first big illness of the season. Yesterday basically didn't exist for me, I spent the whole day asleep. I've been out of bed for only two hours and it's a struggle not to climb right back in. I ate some soup and had some tea but I still feel like someone sucked out my skeleton and replaced it with putty. Blerrrgh.
  • edited November 2016
    The **** Charites -or whomsoever has -recently- edited the current crop designs .  I understand that they have a job to do and I appreciate the fact that designs are flying through. Please try to leave a little flexibility for individual writing styles. If there is a house style, and I feel that there is, state it explicitly so that we can all save ourselves a great deal of trouble. (yes, I have read HELP TRADEMASTER)

Grammar mistakes are a sin upon the noble language of English and must be excised from existence. When we start quibbling over grammatically correct word choices, selected with care by the writer to convey certain ideas and concepts - it is time for the wielder of the blue pen to step down from that podium and put away the swastika.

No - those words have been chosen for a specific purpose to convey a specific idea. Designs would not be as beautiful in text if the 'object' in question was just assembled from laundry list of appropriate characteristics

*Grumble* *Grumble*

(p.s I love you all for doing a fine job of catching and improving my designs, but i feel that some aspects of our relationship need improving.)

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Deep breaths. Lusternia designs have always been subject to a series of Charite rulings. If you're a trademaster you'll have access to a newsfeed for trademasters which often includes rulings (and requests for clarification from trademasters). I recommend reading it. If you're submitting through someone else, maybe ask them to do a more thorough job looking through your submission before it goes through? It's frustrating at first but I promise you get the hang of it.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @sylandra :)

Novice trademaster, their current set of rulings on a few of my designs feel a little abitrary. :( I need to decode it!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Feel free to ask, especially in-game or in the QA section. I'm not on as much as I should be, but Luce likes talking about designs and that sort of thing. He even has a drafting table in his room as part of the permanent description that I should get around to actually putting through an artisan cartel or dropping some credits on.
  • edited November 2016
    I've had my fair share of run ins with weird reviewers, even some where one reviewer wants the exact opposite of the others, and found it's important to remember that even the Charites themselves are just players filling a role. Suuureee it's a much larger role, but it's still a role. Same goes for the reviewers. So be kind, be gentle, remember they are players too, and THAT PUMPKIN IS IN FACT A SQUASH REVIEWERS.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wanted to refute that, but she's right, both pumpkins and the crook-necked squash are extant species of cucurbita pepo that have been selectively cultivated into their unique appearances and growth schedules. Traditional pumpkins are c. pepo variant pepo, and squash are c. pepo var. torticollia or torticallis.

• edited November 2016
    Luce said:
    Feel free to ask, especially in-game or in the QA section. I'm not on as much as I should be, but Luce likes talking about designs and that sort of thing. He even has a drafting table in his room as part of the permanent description that I should get around to actually putting through an artisan cartel or dropping some credits on.
    mail ordassa a letter with a basic descript. i can put it into next year's batch of public designs. 

*Grumble grumble* IRE, buy Lusternia Grammarly software please. automatic spell check. grammar check and style check. Use in conjunction with experienced editor