Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I would not waste 5 power on Fluidflesh to def up. Fleshcrafting is rather quick and the extra minute you spend doing that is better than blowing 5 power.

I do not bother with Warrior tarot either, the couple hundred damage it gives is again not worth the power cost. Aethersight is good to keep up 'tryhard' mode or not, so you know if a friend or foe is summoning/teleporting to you.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited November 2016
    A whole minute = time your group is wiping without you, or you missing the ferry back up into the action. I'm only citing Fluidflesh because I've heard from other Illums about how useful it can be.

• Well I used "minute" as a generic number, not an exact value. If you want exact, it takes 24 seconds to fleshcraft completely. I am not going to blow 5 power to save 24 seconds. My group can wait 24 seconds.
  • That is an entirely different situation than deffing up. I have also gone back with the basic defs. If I am fully deffing up before I return, however, the extra 24 seconds is nothing. If my group chooses to leave without me, so be it. I am still not blowing 5 power to save 24 seconds.
  • Power is overrated.  Use your power.  People are so spendthrift, but you can always fill up on astral if you're feeling guilty about drawing.

There is no such thing as 'blowing' 5 power.  (But hey, if you want your group to always be waiting on you to redef, I'm not complaining! We'll be prepping our death-room :D)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    What. Always yse fluid flesh wtf. even when there's no rush . power isnt a scarce commodity.

Also summon your ents on vortex. costs no power there. I want to envoy a way to call all flesh ents at once too bit maybe after I make our class OP
  • Well power is a limiter in how quickly you can redef as you need that power available to use. That's what I'm referring more to, versus reserves. Sorry for confusion!
  • Just ask someone to make an analog to Acceleratorgem. 10p all flesh ents, 3-5p if on Vortex. (it's 5p on Continuum but it's 12 gems versus 4-5 ents).

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You should be using Warrior tarot as well if you have the time to def up. Why would you turn down free damage?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    almost caught up on the meta arties; now to figure out this candy and scarf business
  • tbh Warrior is a bit of a joke lul. Enigma, fool, and world will always go up first. If I have time to put everything up, great. If I'm running back to the fight the only things I'm putting up are rings, thirdeye, and anything else on the free balance. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited November 2016
    I don't see the issue, if you're waiting for everyone to defup, then it's whatever. Otherwise, use the power. 

edit: use warrior, if you're deffing up fully, use warrior.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Maybe it's because I'm a midtier fighter, but I always thought that those extra thirty seconds raising the extra defences would be the difference between the extra minutes of me surviving or not. And I'm much more useful with each balance than I am if I'm focused down immediately.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I tend to find that I go squish regardless as soon as I get focused, def or no def, so I just go without putting things up if I need.

Except for hexaura. It's always embarrassing to forget hexaura and arrive with no hexes.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Most Illuminati can run in without fleshcrafting at all. Tarot doesn't need it, Paradigmatics doesn't. You can run back to the group, spam hangedman and revelations/butterfly and then fleshcraft yourself when a lull happens. If you need to toss out damage you can cosmicfire.
  • Warrior was a must-have in pre-Overhaul. I think it needs a tune up to be worth casting at this juncture though, even if it is unblockable damage.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dear North,

Are you really sure you want another round of elder cutting shenanigans?

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Dear South,

Remember that agreement to not cut elders that was signed between Glom and Seren that Glom conveniently forgot - even when presented with a copy bearing the unmistakable seal of Glomdoring? Yeah.

Anyways, who is chopping totems?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Seriously, name and shame. Thievery and Elder chopping are not things that are taken lightly.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Avu is cutting Seren elders, so Hallifax is cutting Glom elders.

Seems legit on both sides.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited November 2016
    edit: nevermind.

• edited November 2016
    Stop killing all my things only while I'm asleep. >:(

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Enyalida said:
    Dear South,

Remember that agreement to not cut elders that was signed between Glom and Seren that Glom conveniently forgot - even when presented with a copy bearing the unmistakable seal of Glomdoring? Yeah.

Anyways, who is chopping totems?

Yarith started cutting down glom trees so one of our little ones took it upon themselves to go and cut down two Serenwilde trees :dizzy:

• 'Started cutting down' 
    I cut down one.

It's only a problem if the north is doing it though, right. There's no big hubub if anyone else does it for ages. \o/

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Either way, like continually harassing loyal mobs for days on end when nobody competent is around, cutting down elders requires no skill. \o/

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yarith said:
    Either way, like continually harassing loyal mobs for days on end when nobody competent is around, cutting down elders requires no skill. \o/
    No one in Hallifax cares about the Airlords anyway - people have literally said that time and time again. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, but when my friends are upset and don't feel like playing or talk bout withdrawing because of the continual hounding on ethereal I figure why not? 
    Sure, it's not griefing, sure, there's worse things that can happen but if it's fine to make people feel that way I am sure I can't do any worse.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Ok so I've been updated on the case of events.

Ciaran kills daughters, I go kill elemental lords. Yarith Chops down an elder tree. One of our novices Chops down two serenwilde trees.

That's basically the entire course of events :yawn:
  • That's far from it. You've been killing loyal mobs day in day out on times when nobody is around for weeks. The moment anyone shows up you run unless you know you can get a cheap kill. It's Twytch all over again.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.