Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Both mechanically and in character, this is sadly the case. Seriously, knock it off with the Elders? It takes way too much work to get those back for the 10-20 seconds it takes to chop it down. >..>
  • edited November 2016
    I don't think cutting down one elder is really a big concern. But I'm still all for equalizing totems vs statues!

If Seren wants Glom to keep to our agreement and lean on Avurekhos for chopping moonharts maybe they should talk to us? This is the first I've heard about it. I'd certainly be doing the same if it was more than one elder on a one time case.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Yarith said:
    That's far from it. You've been killing loyal mobs day in day out on times when nobody is around for weeks. The moment anyone shows up you run unless you know you can get a cheap kill. It's Twytch all over again.
    Im just counter raiding every time daughters die.

Although last night was due to manty asking us to go and kill stuff and give it to different gods so that was a bit of an exception.
  • I dunno if it's raiding when you run the moment the wind changes. That's more like playing tag.
    I'm not going to tell you to stop, but I'm free to be petty too.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Ciaran Hey back me up on this because I thought I'm doing exactly what your doing. I know we've talked about this before and I thought everyone was cool with it. 

Kill a few loyal mobs, see who shows up, if the numbers are fairly balanced then stay and fight if the numbers are crazily out of proportion then leave right?
  • Veyils said:
    Ok so I've been updated on the case of events.

Ciaran kills daughters, I go kill elemental lords. Yarith Chops down an elder tree. One of our novices Chops down two serenwilde trees.

That's basically the entire course of events :yawn:
    I just want to note that I spoke to the person about what it means to cut down Elders and she probably wont do it again.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Has anyone heard any updates on the whole healing broken thingy..?
    beep
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    CURE ME CURING
  • edited November 2016
    Veyils said:
    @Ciaran Hey back me up on this because I thought I'm doing exactly what your doing. I know we've talked about this before and I thought everyone was cool with it. 

Kill a few loyal mobs, see who shows up, if the numbers are fairly balanced then stay and fight if the numbers are crazily out of proportion then leave right?
    Backed up.

I have no idea what happened, but nobody should freak out over a few loyals going down!

Also I got 6v1'd today on nil.  That was lame :(

Edit: Looking back at the course of events, feel free to raid when I'm around!  Then you'll be sure to get the fights you're looking for! :D 

I haven't defended in -forever-
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Veyils said:
    @Ciaran Hey back me up on this because I thought I'm doing exactly what your doing. I know we've talked about this before and I thought everyone was cool with it. 

Backed up.

I have no idea what happened, but nobody should freak out over a few loyals going down!

Edit: Looking back at the course of events, feel free to raid when I'm around!  Then you'll be sure to get the fights you're looking for! :D 

I haven't defended in -forever-

I need to figure out my way around the cosmic planes sometime.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Man Yarith you used to be so sweet and light hearted. What happened? :(

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Yarith said:

I'm not going to tell you to stop, but I'm free to be petty too.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Rancoura said:
    Lavinya said:
    Man Yarith you used to be so sweet and light hearted. What happened? :(
    I think this game makes us all a little jaded from time to time. :neutral:
    It goes both ways, though! I've been so happy and having so much fun since I fell back into being creative through Lusternia. It's easy to get negative or frustrated like in all games, but it's also easy to get lost in the beautiful writing, awesome stories and fun events. I just try to assume the best - this person is not hunting me in particular, this raid is not intended to grief my org, that person probably is just busy - and while I still struggle with it (it's natural to view ourselves as the center of our own world!) the optimism and relativism I've gained so far has filtered into my RL in pleasant ways. :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You birches need cheezus.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Also, props to Ciaran for at least being polite when I let him know that I'm not interested in fighting.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ciaran said:

I'm pretty sure I'm occasionally "guilty" of being part of the 6 (even if I am a mere zergling).  I don't even like defending very much, because it disrupts my blissful grind. However, I can't really justify not going to defend Nil or Earth when it gets announced that you guys are there. My sliver of RP and ever-so-mild responsibilities as a protector induce me to go up. I also don't really get annoyed at you, since I agree that this seems like the best way for you to start up some combat when nobody is joining wargames. 

All of which is to say that I agree with you that it's unfortunate, but don't currently have a good solution, and hope you understand why it happens.
  • As long as people aren't coming back to chop the growing saplings, losing an elder now and then really isn't a big deal. Gives young players something meaningful to do, regrowing an elder.
  • Lehki said:
    As long as people aren't coming back to chop the growing saplings, losing an elder now and then really isn't a big deal. Gives young players something meaningful to do, regrowing an elder.
    Gave me a chance to explain how one is regrown. I don't really have a problem with one being chopped on rare occasions.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
  • Nah. More fun not to get upset and just take it as a teaching moment. Though I do think totems are an outdated mechanic that only gives headaches to the communes.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Crek said:
    Nah. More fun not to get upset and just take it as a teaching moment. Though I do think totems are an outdated mechanic that only gives headaches to the communes.
    I agree with you! I was being sarcastic. :P
  • I know. ^_^
  • City trees when? :tongue:

though seriously, we could give hallifax pylons that generate energy for them >_> (in addition to the spires)
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Every time Ev gets serious and asks, "Who are you?", I picture him as this guy:

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I feel kinda guilty about being noncom and not defending when Earth and Nil get attacked, so it's weird to see you going "6v1'd today on nil.  That was lame."

• Hey, I'm not complaining at anyone for defending their territory.  I'm not upset at any one of those 6 people that came to defend!

I'm complaining about the outcome. 6v1 only marginally better for my enjoyment than 0v1.  By all means, defend your territory. I'm not trying to shame you for it.

<3
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Everiine said:

Who is that guy?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Everiine said:

Who is that guy?
    It's a Babylon 5 thing.
This discussion has been closed.