General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Rancoura said:
    When I am at work, Lusternia-type creative strokes hit me, and I get the urge to write, develop new ideas, work on guild administrative things, etc... but as soon as I get home (and thus have the opportunity to do the aforementioned), I feel so drained that I I all but zone out as soon as I log in, and nothing gets done. The woes of working in a mentally-draining occupation. :(
    This exact thing happens to me, actually. I feel like I use up all of my creative juice doing imaginary RP with people in my head while I'm working, and then when I get home I just kind of sit there at a complete loss.
  • Rancoura said:
    When I am at work, Lusternia-type creative strokes hit me, and I get the urge to write, develop new ideas, work on guild administrative things, etc... but as soon as I get home (and thus have the opportunity to do the aforementioned), I feel so drained that I I all but zone out as soon as I log in, and nothing gets done. The woes of working in a mentally-draining occupation. :(
    Yeah... I have the same issue with coding projects. By the time I spend the whole day writing code, I don't really feel like it when I get home.  :/
  • I like to bring a little notebook with me to work so I can jot down some ideas when its not crazy busy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've found out at work that I won't be allowed to take my notebook into the room out of training. I also won't be able to utilise in-centre writing tools on the computer (well I can, buuuuuut) since I can't e-mail myself what I've written without there being an InfoSec breach. That's 8 hours out of my day that I could be writing that will be a waste of effort now. :(
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited November 2016
    I could technically do writing at work, but I feel too bad about it when the studio is so busy, which is... almost all of the time.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sometimes I design on my commute. It ranges from 45-60 minutes each way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I cut my fingertip at work today, had to get 3 stitches in it.  I haven't been in a hospital, let alone the ER, in like, 10 years or something. He told me to take 5 days off from work, since my job involves a lot of lifting things. 

Also I literally just realized as I was typing this he didn't tell me anything about when/how should the stitches come out. I feel like that's something that should come up? Or is that mostly common knowledge these days that I somehow missed?
  • Lehki said:
    I cut my fingertip at work today, had to get 3 stitches in it.  I haven't been in a hospital, let alone the ER, in like, 10 years or something. He told me to take 5 days off from work, since my job involves a lot of lifting things. 

Also I literally just realized as I was typing this he didn't tell me anything about when/how should the stitches come out. I feel like that's something that should come up? Or is that mostly common knowledge these days that I somehow missed?
    Just wait, they'll fall out.
  • And yet people will still think more Firefly could be possible
  • Arix said:
    And yet people will still think more Firefly could be possible
    A new season is coming out in hardback comic book form..I think.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • I meant tv/movies, comics are always possible. Hell they kept Buffy going in comics for years
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arix said:
    Shepard Book and Wash were already dead.
  • AND YET
  • Luce said:
    Arix said:
    Shepard Book and Wash were already dead.
    ....yeah, just have to save flashbacks to comics/animation...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Dear body,

Stop giving me this crap when you know i am trying to prepare for my shift to the usa. Last thing i need is another hospital stay. At least you didn't royally do me over and get yourself meningitis.

No love

Me.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited November 2016
    Lehki said:
    I cut my fingertip at work today, had to get 3 stitches in it.  I haven't been in a hospital, let alone the ER, in like, 10 years or something. He told me to take 5 days off from work, since my job involves a lot of lifting things. 

Don't be afraid to call the hospital and ask - better to be safe than sorry.  A number of doctors do use dissolving stitches but some still use ones that need to be cut out.

You aren't the first person to ask that, most likely, and won't be the last.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sometimes I can be too pragmatic and it can make me seem like I'm unsentimental or unfeeling, and I guess being perceived that way hurts sometimes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Poor pup has an upset tummy, which started yesterday :( . Thankfully, because I hadn't gotten a day off in three weeks, I was able to take an extra one this week to stay home with her.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SazSaz
    edited November 2016
    @Lehki said:

Soluble stitches are often used in plastic surgery and not in the common practice. That's how it's over here, anyways. So you probably want to visit your practician to cut them off in a week or in ten days. Well, now everbody can cut the stitches but there's a little trick in it to prevent potential infection and infection -is- what you want to avoid. Consult your practician if you spot hints of inflammation. Swelling/Pus can be visible or sharp pain on contact if the inflammation is deeper in the cut. The complications are minor, but they might unnecessarily prolong this process for you. Get well soon.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • @Saz and @Sakaki. Thanks for the advice. I actually have to go back to the ER today to fix some dumb paperwork, so I'll ask them about it then
  • My husband thinks he has to leave an hour early when travelling time + errands is about 25 minutes. I point out that he'll be way early, then... he just hovers. On the plus side, I figured I was going, and got up and ate my lunch, and then he was ready and rarin' to go so I don't have to.
  • I know I need to leave my husband but it's so hard to do. My heart is breaking. Ironically, I thought me being able to play this game and have some time just for myself marked a turning point in our relationship - I gave up any kind of multiplayer online experience when we met because he's a control freak who despises online gaming - but it's now become our biggest point of contention. 
  • edited December 2016
    This has not been a fun week. Large amount of tax was due on monday because work wasn't taking out the right amount, house inspection on tuesday with one of my housemates deciding to disappear for the week leading up to it, a day-long meeting on the 23rd floor of a building (got most of the way through the day before my acrophobia really started kicking in) combined with a bunch of other anxieties because of the lunch then followed up with a phone interview for an internal job.

Then turned up to work today in usual call centre appearance (in need of a shave and a haircut wearing casual clothes and sneakers) after having walked half an hour on a reasonably hot day to be told my managers had organised an interview for me and it's on in an hour.

So very tempting to chuck a sickie tomorrow because wednesday was already feeling like friday, need more spoons.
  • My first exam in over 6 years is on Monday, followed by another on Thursday and 2 more the week after. I'm really starting to freak out about them now, even with all the revision I'm doing. I get so frustrated at myself, because when I get to studying and then looking at past exam papers, I remember it, I feel confident I can do these things. I go do something like look at my phone or get lunch, and then start panicking because I feel like I should be studying 24/7 even if my head feels like its about to explode. Never ending cycle at the moment, can't wait until they're just done :(
  • Anita said:
    My first exam in over 6 years is on Monday, followed by another on Thursday and 2 more the week after. I'm really starting to freak out about them now, even with all the revision I'm doing. I get so frustrated at myself, because when I get to studying and then looking at past exam papers, I remember it, I feel confident I can do these things. I go do something like look at my phone or get lunch, and then start panicking because I feel like I should be studying 24/7 even if my head feels like its about to explode. Never ending cycle at the moment, can't wait until they're just done :(
    There is such a thing as too much studying,  take some time for yourself. Try and de stress a bit on breaks, make sure you're eating and sleeping, it all helps.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• My salt-meter grows with every one of these revolts that takes place in wonky hours for the U.S. 3am on a Saturday? Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving Eve? They all seem to be following that pattern lately, ugh.

Somebody cast Meteorstorm or something.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • It'd be cool if each city had a skill that let us predict within a 3-4 hour window a revolt would be, so people could plan and try to show up at wonky times. Or would that be OP somehow?
  • You realise that before the last revolt there had been months without any occuring around this time right?

It's funny how the moment things start happening outside of American times it's suddenly a big issue.