Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• The Serenguard quest was paused a long time ago, I thought.

• Paging @Everiine the world wants to know!
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Hey, stuff is...actually being changed. Maybe I should start complaining about the fink level 50 power again.

Oh wait, literally no one cares.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It was made less onerous for sure. Dunno, will check. 

Yeah, the bulk of active power generation (so, not villages, domoths, or flares) is through essence because of the Sands. Fae power generation is kinda skimpy, and I'd be willing to be that not very many people do the Cosmic power quests, at least not for Hallifax. I think Gaudi's is rolled into their nexus world power generation, which is why that makes so much more power (it's also easier, just kill a thing and hand in the proceeds to two different mobs).

Report 1374 was the last report on it, and the decision (and my memory) implies that it was rejected to see if the discretionaries fixed the problem. I said it then, said it after the discretionary got significantly buffed, have said it since, and will say it now: the discretionaries did not fix the problem. At best, they delay the problem and introduce more administrative overhead to try and stall out the problem. They don't do anything to touch the fundamental issues or really prevent the attacks themselves unless you have them up 24/7 in which case the goal of the attacker is met anyways - that being to disrupt and frustrate. 
    edited December 2016
    Qistrel said:
    Hey, stuff is...actually being changed. Maybe I should start complaining about the fink level 50 power again.

Oh wait, literally no one cares.
    But the level 50 fink power is... really strong compared to other similar powers? Most of them only give buffs to one or two influencing attacks, fink is to all types? It's also to prestige, which is (afaik) more valuable than influencing damage buffs, particularly against tougher enemies.

EDIT: Compare to Furrikin. Damage boost to seduction and charity at level 50. Fink has a big advantage :p
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Man, it's almost like there's no way for players to ever rise above the system and work behind the scenes to change things.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ellowyn said:
    I think I'm just used to the fact that mafia games now take at least 6 months.
    I miss the one to two month games. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited December 2016
    I think the spirit of totems is not a bad one - when I was a Blacktalon it felt very exciting to have my own totem to guard and I did enjoy being able to help with carving. It's a non combat way for people to quietly help out, especially smaller people. Perhaps that spirit can be retained while the impact is adjusted?
    edited December 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Man, it's almost like there's no way for players to ever rise above the system and work behind the scenes to change things.
    It's almost like there isn't any way for players to remain engaged with the game and generate documents, reports one might say, to highlight issues and build representative player concensus about those problems and potential solutions. 

Unhelpful sarcasm aside, not upending your entire engagement with the game and dedicating time to become an ephemeral that you might not have... doesn't invalidate your opinion or input on issues with the game. Particularly not in a case like this where the issue is not due to a lack of resources to allocate to a problem, but an issue with allocating resources towards outright making the game worse for no discernible reason. The most simple fix to the issue with fires/vines would be to simply delete them outright, something that no amount of ephemerals will make meaningfully easier. Engage with the debate instead of trying your very best to dismiss it, and you might be amazed how much better everything can become.
  • I'm less concerned with Shaddus making unhelpful comments than wondering if Shaddus has actually ever contributed to the game by "rising above the system" :^)

• Breandryn said:
    I think the spirit of totems is not a bad one - when I was a Blacktalon it felt very exciting to have my own totem to guard and I did enjoy being able to help with carving. It's a non combat way for people to quietly help out, especially smaller people. Perhaps that spirit can be retained while the impact is adjusted?
    No real way to keep the spirit of totem maintenance so long as it takes 3 days to regrow a lost totem but only takes two chops to remove them. There is no real way to keep all the totems carved without cooperation. And that is like herding cats.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    edited December 2016
    Breandryn said:
    I would expect that the totems mechanics would remain generally the same regarding growing, at least at first. It would still be useful to bond a totem so that it didn't need to be recarved.  Totems would still need to be carved - it would just be less trivially easy to destroy them if they weren't carved so it would be less urgent/onerous. They would also probably last a lot longer than they do now. Strictly speaking, bonding a totem in the current system does ostensibly help defense, but only... marginally. That would be increased in general regarding totems, though not your personal bonded one. Then, apart from the power generation portion something could be worked out that would have more flavor and actually help, like perhaps bonded totems call out when an enemy passes near them or something? Cities have restricted chokepoints that forests don't, so that would be a helpful thing that wouldn't reduce parity. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    I'm less concerned with Shaddus making unhelpful comments than wondering if Shaddus has actually ever contributed to the game by "rising above the system" :^)
    Well, I haven't ever rolled an alt on an opposing side to spy and screw them when they needed me most, if that's what you mean.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    :          ^)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Shaddus said:
    Maligorn said:
    I'm less concerned with Shaddus making unhelpful comments than wondering if Shaddus has actually ever contributed to the game by "rising above the system" :^)
    Well, I haven't ever rolled an alt on an opposing side to spy and screw them when they needed me most, if that's what you mean.
    "when they needed me most" -- you mean, the time I held GC in two opposing orgs and I felt bad about it, but then Viynain was becoming active again and wanted Pyromancers GC so I stepped down there? Did you really want my level 80 pyromancer over Viynain? I'm actually flattered :S

But more likely, you're talking about something you know nothing about (par the course for Shaddus, the guy who sends tells to enemies who slight him in any way saying that he's going to hunt and kill novices across multiple alts, or the guy that changes his rhetoric to fit the org he favours most)

Or even the Pyromancer alt that I made clear was my alt on the forums (man I'm a really good spy right), the one that I made pretty clear I was going to stop playing after a while, and left on good terms as such?

• edited December 2016
    Guys, I love all the snark but stop :(

In spirits of tweets:
    I do not have enough time to do all the things IG I want to do right now and study for exams, and spend time with my partner, and my puppy :cry:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am torn between wanting to clear up my ridiculous terms for repaying power as quickly as possible and actually enjoying some RP. I'm starting to feel guilty about stopping my grind to roleplay, as though I should be out there gathering all the power. This is messed up. This is going to burn me out hardcore.

• Lavinya said:
    I am torn between wanting to clear up my ridiculous terms for repaying power as quickly as possible and actually enjoying some RP. I'm starting to feel guilty about stopping my grind to roleplay, as though I should be out there gathering all the power. This is messed up. This is going to burn me out hardcore.
    Slack off a bit then you can enjoy the sweet sweet masochistic angry punishment roleplay :dizzy:
  • Tweets makes me pretty determined to remain a newbie newb who only casually PKs. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Breandryn said:
    Tweets makes me pretty determined to remain a newbie newb who only casually PKs. 
    Honestly, it depends who you PK with more than who you PK against. So long as you're in a group that's having fun and no one is expecting you to stick around longer than you can or want to, it's pretty enjoyable.

Smacktalking trolls can always be snubbed.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It just seems like there is a very high tension among PKers and a lot of stress for leadership from what I see on forums.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I love the passion! 
  • Somebody be chopping my trees again. 
  • Lehki said:
    Somebody be chopping my trees again. 
    Mine too. :(  

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Leolamins said: lusterina.

Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I'm not sure how effective it is, but I'm damned sure that a barrage of double sigil is really annoying.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Lavinya said:
    There's no rush.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    There is a rush for me unless I forever want to be a bootlicker who is not allowed to be favoured, not allowed to progress in guild  (thus no security etc) no ministry or aide or power drawing or village influence. I want to play the game. I'm not allowed. 

• I would honestly petition the admin OOC. I know Magnagora is supposed to be tough, and blah blah blah you're a super-traitor, but those restrictions aren't appropriate.

This discussion has been closed.