Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• @Lavinya - for what it's worth, when I was playing in Mag a few years back I always enjoyed our RP interactions. I don't know that I would play in current Mag again from what little I've interacted with it so far, but I have fond memories of that time as a lovely RP summer.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Agreed, raves for @Kistan and @Breandryn (and @Aramel)!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silvanus said:
     no one is aiming to stab you in the back right away
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Interrupting the last few pages of spite with a good news reply to a ping many pages back by @Crek !

Yes, the Serenguard quest was disabled. You can still do some parts of it, but on the whole, it's gone. That happened a long time ago. Thank goodness.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    How do you people who work 9-5 every day manage to find the energy to keep playing? I'm not even doing my second job right now (because my boss is lovely and understands) and I just...can't find any reason to log in to Tremula other than to pay beast fees and pull my wondercornucopia. I want to continue her story and I want to do things, I just feel like I'm stuck by a mix of OOC and IC.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Just focusing on getting one concrete thing done a day - be that a design, writing a help scroll, hosting an event, or just doing that RP with that person you've been meaning to for ages - and don't demand more from yourself unless you feel inspired or in the mood. Feel free to chillax with the rest of your time and remember that it's a game and should be fun! Nobody is going to be upset or die if you take an extra day or two to write that letter or finish that RP arc.
    The times I work are when most people are on. I just make time when I can and enjoy what I get.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Karlach said:
    It has dawned on me that I have 666 kills. I am debating if I should retire from the combat world and be a forever pacifist.
    Gotta get 666 deaths to match it.
    The problem is that you're reading it upside down. You actually need 999 kills.
  • Everiine said:
    Interrupting the last few pages of spite with a good news reply to a ping many pages back by @Crek !

Yes, the Serenguard quest was disabled. You can still do some parts of it, but on the whole, it's gone. That happened a long time ago. Thank goodness.
    ...oh wow! Surprised there wasn't more hooplah when that happened!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    Everiine said:

...oh wow! Surprised there wasn't more hooplah when that happened!
    I was asked not to make a lot of hooplah at the time and just spread the news through word of mouth.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tremula said:
    How do you people who work 9-5 every day manage to find the energy to keep playing? I'm not even doing my second job right now (because my boss is lovely and understands) and I just...can't find any reason to log in to Tremula other than to pay beast fees and pull my wondercornucopia. I want to continue her story and I want to do things, I just feel like I'm stuck by a mix of OOC and IC.
    That's more or less how I've been feeling with trying to play while holding down my job, except I tend to have a minimum of 10 hours of overtime per week on top of that. I've pretty much transitioned into not taking anything all too seriously in the game and that's helped me out a lot.

Getting super invested and attached to a game was so much easier as a student, ha.

• Hmm well I'm in full time but I do work odd hours and such, Lusternia is still pretty fresh for me but I know what you mean in terms of effort and such. Just do what feels right at the time. I sort of log in and you'll see me running around to see if there's anyone around who wants to talk, rp and play a bit and if not I just semi afk in a manse, while I read a book or do some busy work so that if I see someone around or some event happens I can jump in and take part.
  • The answer is to only play during weekends, as I do now. There's no point logging in after a full day's work at 8pm to find the forest on fire and nuts to be replanted, spend 2 hours doing this or that or dealing with a dreamweaver, and then logging out with a belly full of frustration and hardly any motivation to concentrate at work the next day.

Save the energy to retaliate in kind when there's a whole weekend to tackle it instead of burning yourself out, and spend work days unwinding with anime or a book.

• edited December 2016
    1. SHOUTSOFF

2. Today 10 elders were chopped down. I don't want to hear a single word of whining from the organisation responsible when people start reacting.
  • Ugh I knew I should've iron barked before going to bed last night, but I was so tired.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Semi-relatedly: I am playing from East Asia and my internet is unstable. I often get disconnected and miss things. If I do not respond to you, please send me another tell or a message rather than marching into my room, bashing the things I'm influencing, and demanding to know whether you have my attention now.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Versalean said:
    1. SHOUTSOFF

2. Today 10 elders were chopped down. I don't want to hear a single word of whining from the organisation responsible when people start reacting.
    For #2, somewhere along the line there was a quiet moment of no chopping, until the other day some of Serenwilde trees were chopped down - reason being that someone from Hallifax chopped some of Glomdorings, so Glomdoring had to get their own back...on Serenwilde...and I think it's just spiralled from there. (Not that I am defending Serenwilde, and I could be wrong on the above - there are people on both sides who chop trees, this is just going on what I was around for from ~3 days to today)
    It sucks,  it really does. I don't think the trees should be chopped at all, and I know there's tried to be truces between the two forests and they never work in the end. It's hard work on both sides, for upkeeping the totems because sometimes the reversions happen when no one is around to carve, and then working to get the trees back. We had 2 trees down the other day - but you have 10?! That's ridiculous and unfair. There goes your time of having fun logging in, because then you're worrying about getting enough nuts - 5 per room, isn't it?

Sorry for my essay, it just really irks me. I don't see people from the cities complaining that someone has gone around and dismantled all of their statues (I don't see many statues around? We have trees in nearly all rooms)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Yeah, from the looks of things someone hit 5 elders so Vey went off and chopped two Seren ones, which probably isn't the smartest thing to do as Serenwilde at that point hadn't broken the pact.

So Torgaddon goes and chops in return, got ten before he was chased off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Speaking of people who do things just to give annoying busywork to the other side in the name of "Conflict RP" and "Encouraging PK" does anyone want to take these 24 canvases from Baelfyre's most recent 'raid' off my hands? Freshly peeled, right off the walls of every single indoor room in Prime Celest!
    Tree-chopping pacts have worked in the past, to my knowledge. They were never perfect, but they managed to work okay. Just not with the players we have now.

• Everiine said:
    Tree-chopping pacts have worked in the past, to my knowledge. They were never perfect, but they managed to work okay. Just not with the players we have now.
    So really, in this case, it needs to be dealt with IC/IG to try and mend the pact!
  • edited December 2016
    Everiine said:
    They worked until A) A Seren came and chopped lesser trees in Glom and ill informed people gave misinformation which lead to Glom cutting a few Seren elders. And at the same time B) Glom somehow lost documentation of the agreement in easily available chelps. Which lead to... 60something elders being chopped by a Glom. Then we had quiet time until certain city folk decided to stir the pot. It is obvious we cannot be mature about a system most normal people agree is unfair to communes.

For example: I've found 15 chopped trees. Most were growing. Assuming one hour respawns the ten crow shadows needed for one nut we are talking five hours of PERFECT gathering to regrow the five ravenwood saplings needed to make one totem. Five rooms are missing totems. Five times five means 25 hours of perfect gathering. Then three RL days minimum for the saplings to become totems (five saplings -> new moon -> three mature -> new moon -> one enormous -> new moon -> elder and carved).

Edit: Oh right, joining on this train. @Estarra @Iosai
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
    @Crek I feel your pain. We have to go through the same thing. And I don't know the exact details of the recent choppings. I just remember years past when there would be fairly decent stretches where trees weren't under constant attack, and when things did happen, the communes' leaderships immediately tried to sort it out. Or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, I don't know.

This discussion has been closed.