Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Its tit for tat I mean theres been 15 glom trees cut down now and 2 seren trees. 

Cant be surprised if theres some kick back really.
  • Veyils said:
    Its tit for tat I mean theres been 15 glom trees cut down now and 2 seren trees. 

Cant be surprised if theres some kick back really.
    Guess that no-cutting pact is going to be pretty short-lived then.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    And that's the problem.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I think it's fine.
    You can cut Serenwilde trees.

You don't -need- to replant trees and frankly it's unfair not to use a mechanic of the game. As long as cutting trees remains a mechanical thing you can't really be mad at the player. They're just playing the game. Soft playerbase is soft.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Uh, you most certainly can be mad about annoying mechanics.

And yes, we do need to replant trees, because they are a vital protection mechanism.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• You can be mad about the mechanics and the fact they exist but you can't be mad at the person.

You don't grow >70 elders for totems when only ~4 of them can be runed. That's not a very good protection system given that if you were in trouble you'd just run and stand on the nexus. People don't really gank prime and if they're going to, they've already declared and can only kill you once. Having all the statues in Magnagora didn't stop me from going in and killing x y z a few times. You grow elders -> totems for the power.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    I think the power scale is an unfair parallel. 

The passive power from totems has, and I say this with 98% confidence, outpaced any|all of the cities and their generation from their unique active cosmic power harvesting through the history of the game. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    The communes have repeatedly and consistently said they'd gladly give up the power generation of totems if it led to changing the mechanics of how trees work. We don't care about the power. At all. Not compared to the hassle trees are.

• edited December 2016
    If you don't want the power you don't have to grow the trees. You could just grow the 4 you can maintain as runed totems.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    I think the power scale is an unfair parallel. 

The passive power from totems has, and I say this with 98% confidence, outpaced any|all of the cities and their generation from their unique active cosmic power harvesting through the history of the game. 
    I (and hopefully many other commune players) have no problem with nerfing or flat out removing the power generation on totems as long as there is some reciprocation. Make guardians and rituals warriors bond to a statue. Get rid of power generation on totems and make all totems active. I DON'T CARE. But totem maintenance is a crap mechanic.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • But these are two separate issues. You are carving them only for power at this point, right?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Honestly? I thought we kept them for the runes and defensive capabilities.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Yarith said:
    You can be mad about the mechanics and the fact they exist but you can't be mad at the person.

Dreamweaving (i.e., Fralunah).
    Beckoning off Nexus.
    Theft.
    lolVines.
    lolFires.

That argument has got absolutely no legs. Dbaggery is dbaggery whatever the code permits.

• edited December 2016
    Dreamweaving won't kill you if you're not afk and the dreamweaver has to DECLARE you. It means they can't do anything to you again on prime for 30 days even if they do kill you afk.
    Beckoning off a nexus is an entirely different scale. You don't get free power for standing afk on a nexus. Totems give a power buff to an org and can be countered. They're conflict. Beckoning off a nexus was also addressed.
    Theft = selfishness. You can't drop it in lusternia.
    Vines and fires I'm fine with. I never said otherwise. 

Your arguments have a weak relation to the context. It might be rude to drop meteors for fires/vines but I don't believe that conflict should only be restricted to the few pvp events we have in the game. As a pvper this game is pretty static. The opportunity for 'conflict' is so slim, especially including timezones.

You are growing >80 trees for 'protection' when only ~5 can be totems and you're getting upset when the ones which weren't being used as protection were cut down when they reverted.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Karlach said:
    We have more power than we know what to do with. I assumed we kept them up for defense, too, since all carved totems work for defense (unless I missed some huge change, which is possible, if not probable).

• I am unfortunately limited by the injuries I received in my accident a few weeks back, my wrist just aches too much for me to run around and gather shadows or carve since lehki is still working on an issue in his code for carving help. I've already mentioned to folks that I won't be gathering nuts for these reasons, but if they give me the nut I will plant it for them. Veyils has been extremely helpful to me in this situation,  as well as people who let me flow to them for carving (Rancoura).

At this point, I just am not dealing with it. So thanks to the folks who have helped me, wish I could do more but I'm not spending my extremely limited evenings where I don't have doctors appointments fixing this right now.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Only bonded totems can be runed.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited December 2016
    When I quit, the communes didn't have any more active VAs than the cities did, and that has been the case since the cost of VAs was changed to scale with the number of VAs, so it seems the actual mechanical application of this imbalanced power gain is somewhere between zero and barely anything. The simple reality is power is an infinite resource, and the difference between infinite and more infinite is not worth arguing over. This is exactly why the communes have never been bothered by the idea of giving up that power gain. It's a red herring.

Anyone who points at the power gain is distracting you.

Also don't mine me, I'm just bored at work. 
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Everiine said:
    Karlach said:
    We have more power than we know what to do with. I assumed we kept them up for defense, too, since all carved totems work for defense (unless I missed some huge change, which is possible, if not probable).
    This changed years and years ago, unfortunately.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited December 2016
    Then you have 0 reason to grow more than the totems you can bond and should have no grief losing those which were unbonded.

You should have grief at the fact that the power part of the totems restricts them from being as accessible as statues.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Only bonded , tuned and runed totems are active and able to react. The other totems do nothing but provide power.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The power generation is excessive, but power in general is excessively easy to make. If it went from totems I wouldn't miss it, because if you want a power drive there's so many ways to generate it.

Look at the efforts of just one person in Lavinya, add to that culture/domoths/constructs/villages and power isn't a treasured commodity.

Sure we use it to summon new guards, but it's a drop in the ocean. It's mostly used for TAs and at this point the urgency of "We need a TA, best power drive" doesn't exist. It's "oh hey , 4 mil. Could raise a TA."

Commune power generation is less an issue of "we need that" for cities and more "we don't have, but we want."

So yeah, delete it and give us a more tenable defence system, especially for Serenwilde, that place has more holes than swiss cheese in regards to entry and exit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Dylara said:
    Everiine said:
    Karlach said:
    Has it been that long since I stumbled into Glomdoring? Holy crap.

• @Yarith, Dude: 1) Well argued. But 2) You're reading too deep into my argument. I am trying to make one point and one only, which is that if somebody's being an asshole using an existing mechanic, you have every reason to be upset at the person and not the mechanic. Whether you personally think that such is warranted doesn't circumvent human nature or the fact that in many of these cases the person is trying to provoke precisely that reaction from other players (vs. characters).
  • edited December 2016
    Oh. Yeah. I agree that it creates work for someone and that may be perceived as an annoyance but I don't think cutting down Elder#111 in some random niche of Glomdoring/Serenwilde which will never become a bonded totem is any extra work for anyone in any commune if they're only growing them for protection.
    Sorry if I came across as personal @Versalean

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Everiine said:
    Dylara said:
    Everiine said:
    Karlach said:
    Has it been that long since I stumbled into Glomdoring? Holy crap.
    Seems so! Totem defence depends on Crow/Stag users, which can be very few. I personally don't care if we don't replant at this point. I feel like Viravain might say some thing to us, but maybe it'll reach up top just how irritating the mechanic can be.

• edited December 2016
    If you're growing them for RP reasons then you should make a report to address them and separate the two entirely. 

You should make a report and discuss it regardless if it's causing this much grief.

IF: Trees provided 0 power and weren't used as statues I would say that cutting them down is just griefing. 
    As it stands I don't think you can claim it is. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.