Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Veyils said:
    I mean your being awfully defensive about Yarith actions Maligorn and pretty aggressive with me for trying to ask a simple question to get clarity on something even when I'm not condeming Yarith at all. I'm a bit disappointed I kind of thought you were above this petty partisanship stuff.

And no @Karlach nope confining a griefer to the Nexus isn't really enough I mean look at that Franula like Enylidia said the nuclear option is usually the only real was of an org reigning in super grief people.
    Oh? When did I get defensive or condemning of your actions on Faethorn, Veyils? It looks to me like you came to the conclusion that what you were doing was wrong on your own.

Let's rehash: V: Has baelfyre started jumping random newbies like Yarith does? Serious question if your comparing the two of them. I wasn't aware he had been doing that yet can you confirm?

M: Does Yarith jump random newbies? e.e I thought that was a thing you did in Faethorn, Veyils.

Where do you read the condemnation there? Or actually, was it you that started out with a condemning tone?

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maligorn said:
    LoL it turns out that you can collectively agree to not post about fleshpots on the forums and people will still find a way to be salty and bitter (and most of all, ignorant).
    Irony. I was discussing relative comparison in terms of difficulty, having done both spheres and guard stacks.

You're throwing out words now hoping to make something stick. Sorry I didn't post about it to pat you on the back, it's just a fact. Killing spheres and pots when you don't have a considerable defensive force isn't hard, neither is getting people to remove a guard stack that a griefer is hiding on.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Yarith said:
    We decided not to kill a nexus stack because that wouldn't be sporting.
    Let's be honest, you don't care one bit about what's sporting.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Maligorn said:
    LoL it turns out that you can collectively agree to not post about fleshpots on the forums and people will still find a way to be salty and bitter (and most of all, ignorant).
    Irony. I was discussing relative comparison in terms of difficulty, having done both spheres and guard stacks.

You're throwing out words now hoping to make something stick. Sorry I didn't post about it to pat you on the back, it's just a fact. Killing spheres and pots when you don't have a considerable defensive force isn't hard, neither is getting people to remove a guard stack that a griefer is hiding on.
    Dude. Everyone knows that fleshpots and spheres are easier than a 50+ guardstack. You aren't special. You also weren't making a clever quip or something we can all laugh at; you were trying to demean us. Like I told you earlier -- you're very transparent.

You're getting awfully salty that someone isn't rolling out the red carpet.

See I can do your baseless projections too.

But hey, keep making excuses as to why you can't do something to deal with a griefer problem.

• Okay, let me just batphone all my fleshpot raider friends so we can kill Magnagora's guardstack just to kill Baelfyre. Is this a real argument. Hello?

Go for it, you guys are just super organised at this hour, I'm sure 30 reavers can't be that hard to deal with.

Plus it might make people in Magnagora care more, they'll have to replace them for the sake of one person who was using them for hiding. Certainly going to get more attention than pking a noncom while they're tattooing someone (clearly the definition of sporting, amirite?)

I dunno why you're so hesitant, no one logs in in Mag for another few hours so you've all the time to do it. I mean this is someone bothering you so much you're using him as a counter argument in this whole discussion, it couldn't possibly be that you're just using his actions as an excuse to deflect from someone you associate with being a griefer, because you don't like being associated with them (gee, if only there was some way to prevent that which isn't arguing on forums with circular logic).

Because if he really bothers you that much, you'd take advantage of the fact you have the active numbers and the dominance over multiple timezones to do something about it.

Or you're just full of it, but no that wouldn't be like you at all.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I didn't bring his name up when I posed I was quitting, other people did, to which I then replied. I was originally trying to just point out how bad it has become in general.

Thank you for accusing me of ignoring people in Mag who grief. It made me realise no one has listened to anything I have posted on the forums about any of this, because if people had, they would remember me specifically posting about Mag also having griefers and saying this was a game wide problem.

I see now that no one wants to fix this. You all just point fingers at each other and say 'He did it first.' This is now a game where it's ok to kill a non-coms doing rp stuff on prime, because, the other side did it first.

I don't get a lot of time to go hunting, I'm not on when most people do the aetherhunting thing and you can maybe laugh at me for being terribly upset about what is probably a tiny bit of essence to you, but is a huge chunk to me as I slowly save up for some non-com demi powers.

Someone came in and killed me while I was going on with one of the few things I log into the game for, with zero consideration for what it would mean to me, even after I specifically had said it would make me leave the game.

It doesn't even matter who it was that did it, or why, or who has masks or paintings or anything. What matters is that you're all too busy throwing words at each other to realise what this has done to me.

I'm going to go find somewhere where my words mean something.

• Karlach said:
    Go for it, you guys are just super organised at this hour, I'm sure 30 reavers can't be that hard to deal with.

Plus it might make people in Magnagora care more, they'll have to replace them for the sake of one person who was using them for hiding. Certainly going to get more attention than pking a noncom while they're tattooing someone (clearly the definition of sporting, amirite?)

I dunno why you're so hesitant, no one logs in in Mag for another few hours so you've all the time to do it. I mean this is someone bothering you so much you're using him as a counter argument in this whole discussion, it couldn't possibly be that you're just using his actions as an excuse to deflect from someone you associate with being a griefer, because you don't like being associated with them (gee, if only there was some way to prevent that which isn't arguing on forums with circular logic).

Because if he really bothers you that much, you'd take advantage of the fact you have the active numbers and the dominance over multiple timezones to do something about it.

Or you're just full of it, but no that wouldn't be like you at all.
    This is so...asinine. I don't really know how to respond. I think you're doing it on purpose, to make some kind of point. I just don't really know what you're getting at.

• edited December 2016
    You guys need to fizzle out. 

You can continue depicting me as the worst thing to happen to Lusternia since Kethuru was released, that's fine. In the end I'm just a player playing the game and using the tools I have been provided. Nobody has really asked me to stop, and nobody has really approached me IC. Hey, maybe if I didn't cut some trees we wouldn't have a report addressing it now, maybe, maybe not (And no, I'm not pretending that I cut them down in some mystic foresight to spawn a report addressing the mechanic). 

Lusternia, when it was at its playerbase-prime, had people a lot worse than me and there were far more than just one or two of them. I guess the game has just gotten a lot softer since then.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No, the game has gotten a lot smaller since then. We don't have 50 players per org at primetime anymore. Probably closer to 100 total. When your pool gets shallower and spread thin, the ripples get felt further and stronger.

Chopping was always a dick move, but it used to be easier to recover from because someone was ALWAYS doing pixies/Shadows, and you'd be hard pressed to spend more than a couple of RL hours without someone stumbling across elders needing carved and there being a druid with not a lot better to do who can just flow over and carve it up. Hell, I remember a running competition between myself and another as to who could get there faster and carve first.

Likewise fires. Someone started a fire in Prime Seren, six people were in the area with Nature Rain or cleanse enchantments and it took us maybe an hour if it had been burning unnoticed.

Some jerk making a nuisance of himself in Prime Celest? Time to retune the statues or let one of the City's combatants chase him down while the midbies watch/defend key NPCs.  Someone REALLY being a pest? Boot them, it's not like we don't have four more big-name combatants and one or two up-and-comers to replace them. Someone hitting newbie non-coms, stealing, or harrassing people OOC? Boot them, stonewall them from every position of power and authority, boycott their shops and services, or seek admin intervention, they'll get the picture and we didn't need them anyway.
  • Haha.

N: "Your side did it too!"
    S:"Well that was so long ago."
    N: "I was there when they were doing it."
    S: "Be the bigger person!"

I've ducked in and out of lusternia over the past 8 years, and the burden of being the better person has usually fallen to the same side. heh.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited December 2016
    nevermind. I don't feel like it. :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Haha.

N: "Your side did it too!"
    S:"Well that was so long ago."
    N: "I was there when they were doing it."
    S: "Be the bigger person!"

I've ducked in and out of lusternia over the past 8 years, and the burden of being the better person has usually fallen to the same side. heh.

Then you should go log into your older account and argue from that one, not hide on this one and log in just to make snarky remarks :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Oh, and Yarith, you aren't the worst thing since Kethuru <3
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus i only log in to read the news and stay more or less up to date. Most of my free time is spent in Achaea. Although I do have Arkh, which I made specifically to stop fires, heh. I'm not sure if I even have older characters anymore; I almost never buy credits so they have probably been deleted.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Aeldra said:

killing griefers solves nothing. Killing the guardstack they hide below will only justify the griefers actions. My personal opinion to this petty discussion. If you really want to talk about dealing with things like these situations regardless of org or person who does it, then I will gladly contribute though.
    Well considering the current solution is killing an unrelated noncom who was tattooing, rather than actually going for the person responsible.

Then the reason is because they sit on their nexus with 30 guards.

So current solution is group up and kill the guards, as they've proven themselves capable of doing large groups to kill things.

No it's not the real way we should be dealing with trolls, but it's a good fix for their specific problem, if it really is one.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Qistrel said:
    I didn't bring his name up when I posed I was quitting, other people did, to which I then replied. I was originally trying to just point out how bad it has become in general.

Thank you for accusing me of ignoring people in Mag who grief. It made me realise no one has listened to anything I have posted on the forums about any of this, because if people had, they would remember me specifically posting about Mag also having griefers and saying this was a game wide problem.

I see now that no one wants to fix this. You all just point fingers at each other and say 'He did it first.' This is now a game where it's ok to kill a non-coms doing rp stuff on prime, because, the other side did it first.

I don't get a lot of time to go hunting, I'm not on when most people do the aetherhunting thing and you can maybe laugh at me for being terribly upset about what is probably a tiny bit of essence to you, but is a huge chunk to me as I slowly save up for some non-com demi powers.

Someone came in and killed me while I was going on with one of the few things I log into the game for, with zero consideration for what it would mean to me, even after I specifically had said it would make me leave the game.

It doesn't even matter who it was that did it, or why, or who has masks or paintings or anything. What matters is that you're all too busy throwing words at each other to realise what this has done to me.

I'm going to go find somewhere where my words mean something.
    So, again, at the risk of sounding like the biggest villain on earth, to me your attitude and words don't really convey "I'm hurt and I don't want to be hurt anymore", it's more like "this playerbase and game is so rotten, look at how much harm YOU are doing to me, you're all so self-absorbed, I'm being victimized in this game. You all suck, and I'm out".

Granted, I've had some warped thought processes before, so maybe it's just me!

If you want to get on your soapbox and tell us how badly we've corrupted the game, you are more than welcome to. Just don't throw out additional insult when people predictably ignore you.

If you want attention and acceptance, like 90% of people are willing to hear you out and help you improve your situation and help you think positively about the game (and us!) again.

EDIT: I also want to echo Ciaran's later post and agree that the forums (or at least Tweets) is not the place to get positive support. Chatting with people on a 1 to 1 basis will help you feel better, imo.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @karlach It's definitely better then killing non-coms, I'll heartily agree with that, but it's still on an equally useless scale, sorry.

Also, I'm not really feeling like this discussion, so I edited my original post, but the words I stand by regardless. A solution that deals with trolls/griefers regardless of org, am not really sure how it would really look like.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited December 2016
    @Qistrel quit if you really want to, but I think it's now evident that the forums aren't going to provide you with a solution to your problem.  It mostly just serves to name and shame @Yarith.

Did you try to talk to Yarith, and tell him that it really bothered you what he did, and that you're a non-com and would rather be left out of it?  Perhaps you two could have come to an accord, without bringing the hard hitting figures of Maligorn and Karlach out of their troll holes to have a majestic gladiator showdown in tweets.

I also think that @Yarith doesn't want to drive people out of this game or be a huge asshole to anyone in particular. (I could be mistaken though) My guess is that he/Maligorn is being defensive because he feels like he (as a player) is being shamed by an angry mob from the south.  I hope you guys try to hash it out between each other and it results in you not quitting.  The tiny pond keeps shrinking.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    ... without bringing the hard hitting figures of Maligorn and Karlach out of their troll holes to have a majestic gladiator showdown in tweets.
    I laughed. :D

• edited December 2016
    Lerad said:
    ... wait. People were targeting Qendyl because he was wearing a marauder's mask?

Sorry, I know this is a tangent and distraction from what is being discussed. But... what?

I hope he at least threw some insults your way or set a vine or something else that gave a reason to attack him. Otherwise, what the fuck?
    Yarith and Salome both now. I'm sure people don't like name droppers, but I don't give a rats ass. There was a reason I left Glom, it wasn't just me being bored(Well, that was some of it)

Edit: And before Yarith posts saying something about it not being because of the mask, I should mention the first time it happened(While I was tattooing in Glomdoring), I was the -only- commune member on -any- plane, he showed up specifically right where I was and started setting up a demense in the immediate vicinity of that. I don't even think there are denizens right around that to kill.
  • I suppose I need to clarify. Baelfyre hasn't killed any real newbies, and I'm going to say that I haven't either. The word I was going for was something akin to what everyone over uses as the word 'noncom'. Personally, if you turn up to domoths or revolts I don't consider you a 'noncom', I consider you free game. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yeah,  once you step into combat that is outside defending your org territory,  you're free game as a combatant.

Also I want to say, any plane outside Prime is free and open PK. I don't know at what point Lusternia got the "but you musn't kill people in Faethorn!!! (Or whatever place)" attitude, but I honestly found the former more exciting. I remember starting out as a wee Shadowdancer, and and being introduced to the wonders and dangers of fae influencing by an elder (I want to say Druken, but I'm not 100% sure now...someone from that era, though.) It was thrilling. I was hooked.
    WHY WE FIGHT
  • edited December 2016

@Maligorn your the only one in this thread with the waspish tone right now(and not just to me). Yarith is being polite and civil, Ciaran is, Enylida is, Karlach is sort of(albeit being a bit rambling and nonsensical at times) I understand you maybe want to defend your friends from perceived attacks but your perceiving attacks, from people, that don't exist and being a bit sharp about it. Just tone it down a little.

To maybe clarify if you misunderstood me though Maligorn. I mean Yarith is a self proclaimed griefer. You've said it yourself Yarith a few times even, you've even threatened to grief me oocly before. I'm not condemning you for it most IRE games has the little griefer person running around that we just have to deal with I mean at least you recognise and admit thats what your doing. Which fair play to you for being honest about your actions.

edited December 2016
    Saz is attacked off prime and says he's going to quit, writing a whole forums post about it: half the game jumps up and begs him not to quit.

Nikkakorra gets attacked while doing tattoos for someone on prime and says she's going to quit in Tweets: nobody bats an eye, and Ciaran urges her to quit, Instead turning it around as an attack on Yarith.

Stay classy.

Edit: Nikka does need to harden up a bit. What yarith did was rude as hell, but if that's all it takes to run you off....yeah.
  • I'm not a griefer. I'm misunderstood. :(
    Leave Maligorn alone. This tweets derail (though, looking through tweets this is probably on topic) has gone on long enough. :(

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Okay. I took a shower and I have chilled out marginally, even though it was a scalding shower.

As non-defensively and non-indignantly as possible: I'm not not batting an eye. I don't like that Qistrel wants to quit. It is bothering me a lot. :(

• Yep and to quote falmiis on the gameplay quality

Falmiis said:
    I don't think it's fair for anyone, on any side, to try to invalidate the fact that someone is not having fun in this game because of the actions of others. Honestly I couldn't care less what the game was like "back in the day" or how much you had to endure because of some other griefers that played multiple years ago. The game's population is low enough as it is. We don't need to tell people to just suck it up or anything because if someone felt they needed to bring it up the more likely outcome is that when nothing changes they'll just stop playing the game altogether.

And yes, this is also aimed at people who play in the same org/side as me.

This discussion has been closed.