Artifact Ideas

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Portius said:
    Aethergoop makes presents much less exciting. Higher value since I'm not getting useless commodities, but not nearly as much fun. To fix that, I'd like to see some present-only artifacts get thrown in the mix. Make it a decent chance to get one of them instead of goop, but probably keep them out of ultimate presents so they can keep their high value.

Suggested unique things:

-Set of present-only dolls. Just buffing the chance of getting a doll at all compared to aethergoop would be nice, actually. I like dolls.

-Wearable items with special nouns. Mostly as a vessel for customizations that can use that noun. I'd really love to see generic armor that can be masterplated but customized to look like any type of armor instead of just plate.

-Along that line, customizable sculpture furniture piece.

In essence the same is true for the wheel. It essentially received a buff and a neccesary change and yet it feels a lot less interesting because the chance of getting something besides the goop (or the Truefavors, Clover and exp gain, which are honestly a little meh ) is pretty much inexistant. Having little value but interesting items mixed in between the goop may make things more interesting again, though am not exactly sure how these items could look like.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Just make it give artifacts of equivalent goop value, like instead of getting 150-200ish goop get a jar of shadowfire instead or something like that.

Sounds more fun.
  • edited December 2016
    A glamrock  for defenses. You put up all your defs, program the glamrock to remember them, then you can just activate glamrock and it will put up all defenses stored in it and draw any power required from your reserves. If you do not have enough power in reserve it only puts up non power defenses. Lasts 1 year -  then needs to be reprogrammed, can store 2 sets of defenses.

1000 credits.
  • Rhi said:
    Somebody's Emotional Balance Pill (5 credits)
    One use pill that you can take to submit a custom emote, if the emote is approved it will not cost you balance to do.

Fun QOL artifact for those of use who like to have custom emotes over the basic ones but like to not be left behind if a person is moving!
    Admin approval needed so it doesn't get used to copy illusions.

I would spend so many credits on this. I have so many custom emotes.
  • Danquik said:
    A glamrock  for defenses. You put up all your defs, program the glamrock to remember them, then you can just activate glamrock and it will put up all defenses stored in it and draw any power required from your reserves. If you do not have enough power in reserve it only puts up non power defenses. Lasts 1 year -  then needs to be reprogrammed, can store 2 sets of defenses.

1000 credits.
    Love the idea, not the reprogram caveat or the cost. 500-750 credits, give you several def list options (multiple classes, bashing vs pk, etc), make each last until you delete/change it (glamrock has a restriction because of clothing decaying, not applicable to defs!). Totally would buy one in a heartbeat.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They have auctioned off custom emotes.

They went for far more than 5 credits.

Also, anything that requires Admin approval tends to have a price hike just due to that oversight.  They do not want all of their volunteer time spent reviewing hundreds of custom requests.
  • If they changed the wheel so that it gave out aethergoop arties instead of goop itself, they might be able to control the market a little bit more, with the payouts being so low there are only so many arties you can get before you would start trading them in for the goop, which I am fairly new back to the game after a long absence, bu I assume it is like any other premium currency and has a reduced return for trading in items...they give you something worth 150 goop, you trade it in because you have the one you like the design of that does the same thing...you are happy because you can cycle through designs, meanwhile they are only releasing 100 goop into the market rather than 150
  • Maleran said:
    If they changed the wheel so that it gave out aethergoop arties instead of goop itself, they might be able to control the market a little bit more, with the payouts being so low there are only so many arties you can get before you would start trading them in for the goop, which I am fairly new back to the game after a long absence, bu I assume it is like any other premium currency and has a reduced return for trading in items...they give you something worth 150 goop, you trade it in because you have the one you like the design of that does the same thing...you are happy because you can cycle through designs, meanwhile they are only releasing 100 goop into the market rather than 150
    Disagree. Goop trades into credits and dingbats not goop. What you seem to be proposing is a slew of cheap useless artifacts which would primarily exist for the purpose of being traded In? This sounds even worse than the Goop pins.

Giving the wheel a 1/3 nerf because some find the wheel boring. What's next, removing credits and dingbats from presents because they're just also currency?
  • It's not the fact that they are just currency, it's the fact that it deters from wanting to participate in events like the wheel more frequently because it is a game of chance, and when playing a game of chance most people enjoy variety...not lets see if I get 150 goop or 175 goop
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    They have auctioned off custom emotes.

They went for far more than 5 credits.

Yeah,  but you know as well as I do that people will overpay for things just to have something nobody else has. See: Pliers, Scissors of Atropos, Alchemist's Pocketwatch.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Maleran said:
    It's not the fact that they are just currency, it's the fact that it deters from wanting to participate in events like the wheel more frequently because it is a game of chance, and when playing a game of chance most people enjoy variety...not lets see if I get 150 goop or 175 goop
    All it would do is put your issue off until later. It would be like presents and dolls. Dolls in presents add absolutely nothing for my enjoyment as I don't need any of them, to me their value lies in being traded in for dingbats which I can use for something I do what.

You realize that you're not going to get much of an artifact for each and any wheel spin? At best you'll wind up with something like the cheap beast artifacts, which like extra dolls just wind up something to be traded in...at a loss.

You're just likely to wind up with something like the spectral curios replacing wondergems...which are far less wanted and of far less value replacing something which could be traded without tradein loss and was highly desirable.

Goop is great. You can buy a wide variety of useful artifacts, and if you're short you can get more with various promotions or even trade with other players to make up the difference. If you don't have any use for it, you can trade it to other players for things you do want, or even form artifacts and trade those in for either credits or dingbats, and even eventually lessons.

Is your issue is one more of perspective? Would you have a problem here if instead of goop it was credits?
  • Steingrim said:
    Maleran said:
    It's not the fact that they are just currency, it's the fact that it deters from wanting to participate in events like the wheel more frequently because it is a game of chance, and when playing a game of chance most people enjoy variety...not lets see if I get 150 goop or 175 goop
    All it would do is put your issue off until later. It would be like presents and dolls. Dolls in presents add absolutely nothing for my enjoyment as I don't need any of them, to me their value lies in being traded in for dingbats which I can use for something I do what.

You realize that you're not going to get much of an artifact for each and any wheel spin? At best you'll wind up with something like the cheap beast artifacts, which like extra dolls just wind up something to be traded in...at a loss.

You're just likely to wind up with something like the spectral curios replacing wondergems...which are far less wanted and of far less value replacing something which could be traded without tradein loss and was highly desirable.

Goop is great. You can buy a wide variety of useful artifacts, and if you're short you can get more with various promotions or even trade with other players to make up the difference. If you don't have any use for it, you can trade it to other players for things you do want, or even form artifacts and trade those in for either credits or dingbats, and even eventually lessons.

Is your issue is one more of perspective? Would you have a problem here if instead of goop it was credits?

Steingrim said:
    Maleran said:

Steingrim said:
    Maleran said:

Actually yes, even though I love credits and know the uses for them more than I do the goop, because I am fresh back to the game, I would still have an issue with being 70+% credits being given as well. just because when I want to gamble on a game of chance, even though I get frustrated that I don't hit big...I get even more frustrated when I get the same exact prize every time. I have no issue with them giving goop per say or credits or whatever they think is best for balancing the market, the issue I do have is with the fact that before I even spin the wheel, I know with nearly a 90% accuracy what my prize is going to be.
  • edited December 2016
    Something like featherweight charm to lower your poison resistance to 0 while you wear it

gib gib
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • There should be a powerplex type artifact for ships that allows for faster energy regeneration and perhaps expanding max power for ships.
  • Tambador said:
    There should be a powerplex type artifact for ships that allows for faster energy regeneration and perhaps expanding max power for ships.
    ****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 112****************************

Short Description: a spherical diamonut crackling with energy
    Dropped Description: A spherical diamonut has been left here, glowing with energy.
    Extended Description: This small diamonut is spherical in shape on one side, while the other is flat and smooth.
    Emitting a bright white light from within the globe, a buzzing and crackling can be heard from the renewable energy
    trapped within. To activate this upgrade, ATTACH <diamonut> to <command chair>.

Artifact Ability:
    Syntax: ATTACH <diamonut> TO <command chair>
    Attaching this to an aethership's command chair will generate 5 power
    reserves for that ship each month. Additionally, this passive generation
    has the potential to drive the ship's reserves higher than is usually
    possible, up to a maximum of 125.

Can Transform: N/A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Falmiis said:
    Tambador said:
    There should be a powerplex type artifact for ships that allows for faster energy regeneration and perhaps expanding max power for ships.
    ****************************AETHERGOOP ITEM 112****************************

Short Description: a spherical diamonut crackling with energy
    Dropped Description: A spherical diamonut has been left here, glowing with energy.
    Extended Description: This small diamonut is spherical in shape on one side, while the other is flat and smooth.
    Emitting a bright white light from within the globe, a buzzing and crackling can be heard from the renewable energy
    trapped within. To activate this upgrade, ATTACH <diamonut> to <command chair>.

Artifact Ability:
    Syntax: ATTACH <diamonut> TO <command chair>
    Attaching this to an aethership's command chair will generate 5 power
    reserves for that ship each month. Additionally, this passive generation
    has the potential to drive the ship's reserves higher than is usually
    possible, up to a maximum of 125.

Can Transform: N/A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DERP Thanks
  • Any sort of artifact that basically does what:
    VENERATION - OMNISCIENCE does.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Veneration is already 72% mechanically useless/niche despite the investment, so I don't think slapping a price tag on one of its HUGE draws is really all that cool.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Veneration is already 72% mechanically useless/niche despite the investment, so I don't think slapping a price tag on one of its HUGE draws is really all that cool.
    I just want access to hearing newbies ask questions on CT while I'm out and about. It's really bad when it's quiet and I keep missing their questions for ages due to poor planar
  • edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Eritheyl said:
    I just want access to hearing newbies ask questions on CT while I'm out and about. It's really bad when it's quiet and I keep missing their questions for ages due to poor planar
    This shouldn't have to be an artifact. It should be a guild/city position/rank privilege.
    Veyils said:
    Eritheyl said:
    I understand that particular pain, though I don't think we should solve that through omniscience. Maybe extending newbie's to be heard through CT may work out? (also, CGT and GNT already have that privilege). Also, while it's a pain, if you know there's a newbie asking questions, I have often resorted to checking ctells rather often simply to not missing them saying anything. Probably could slap some script onto it to alert you to changes ( though not ideal, I know )
  • I keep spamming ctells full but that doesn't work on bubbles. Also there's plenty of people who need your help who are not technically novices. It just puts kinda needless restrictions on aid and conversation.
    I have never been much of a fan of the communication restictions we have through planar, especially on bubbles. I usually avoid bubbles just because I keep missing conversations, so I relate.
  • Be able to wear the gem of cloaking now that they can be necklaces via goop!
  • Lusternia in general has some odd and outdated limitations - such as planar for communication - which are solved by artifacts or special skills. It's artificial mechanical complexity and obfuscation and that's something games have been moving away from in favor of other, more engaging types of depth. Potionlist, for example, is something you need because the game is designed for you to need it. It could be baseline but it is instead slotted deep enough into discernment that people have to invest to learn it simply to properly manage their own inventories. Learning potionlist isn't exciting or engaging. It's just a relief to get so you can play the basic game better.

The end result and impression given from things like this to new players - or at least to me - is a very cash-grabby feel. It may not be the intention, but coming in here new and seeing some things which feel unnecessarily complex or frustrating and just HAPPEN to have solutions if you spend money...It leaves a cheap, greedy impression. I suspect that the artifacts evolved to solve problems, but new players don't have that history and context. We just see what feels like a "free to play" game that you have to throw money at to not be annoyed with playing. The repeated promises of free to play in the intro only reinforce that feeling of the free being deceptive.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Breandryn said:
    Lusternia in general has some odd and outdated limitations - such as planar for communication - which are solved by artifacts or special skills. It's artificial mechanical complexity and obfuscation and that's something games have been moving away from in favor of other, more engaging types of depth. Potionlist, for example, is something you need because the game is designed for you to need it. It could be baseline but it is instead slotted deep enough into discernment that people have to invest to learn it simply to properly manage their own inventories. Learning potionlist isn't exciting or engaging. It's just a relief to get so you can play the basic game better.

The end result and impression given from things like this to new players - or at least to me - is a very cash-grabby feel. It may not be the intention, but coming in here new and seeing some things which feel unnecessarily complex or frustrating and just HAPPEN to have solutions if you spend money...It leaves a cheap, greedy impression. I suspect that the artifacts evolved to solve problems, but new players don't have that history and context. We just see what feels like a "free to play" game that you have to throw money at to not be annoyed with playing. The repeated promises of free to play in the intro only reinforce that feeling of the free being deceptive.
    The best thing about the implementation of liquid rift was not having to check potionlist to see how much of anything I had left, anymore. I never use it now, I just link everything to my rift and check that. Ahhh. Of course, this makes it even more ridiculous that it's so far into a skillset, since it's not nearly as useful as it used to be. 
  • Phoebus said:
    Breandryn said:
    Lusternia in general has some odd and outdated limitations - such as planar for communication - which are solved by artifacts or special skills. It's artificial mechanical complexity and obfuscation and that's something games have been moving away from in favor of other, more engaging types of depth. Potionlist, for example, is something you need because the game is designed for you to need it. It could be baseline but it is instead slotted deep enough into discernment that people have to invest to learn it simply to properly manage their own inventories. Learning potionlist isn't exciting or engaging. It's just a relief to get so you can play the basic game better.

The best thing about the implementation of liquid rift was not having to check potionlist to see how much of anything I had left, anymore. I never use it now, I just link everything to my rift and check that. Ahhh. Of course, this makes it even more ridiculous that it's so far into a skillset, since it's not nearly as useful as it used to be. 
    I mostly use it to manage my links when I need to rework them. Seems like potionlist could just be wrapped into liquidrift.
  • edited January 2017
    Well potionlist was just an example. Learning planar is another one - you have to invest lessons just to properly use CT or GT. You have to invest lessons just to have the full social part of the game unlocked.

Think how that sounds to new players.