General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Sad stuff ahead.

24 hours ago I found my dog, who had passed away in his sleep after a week of increasingly worse illness. I am not coping very well at this moment.

A lot of people both irl and here have been sympathetic, thank you, it's helping a little. I'm just so devestated because it was so sudden, he was so young (7 and a half) and he was just so obviously unwell the last few days which we spent at the vet trying to help him. Finding him gone under my bed was just one of the worst things I've had to deal with, having to wait for our vet to reopen to bring him in, cleaning up after him, and the realization that my happy puppy is no longer going to cuddle with me at night, go for walks, or even the annoying stuff like stealing my clothes, it's just been awful.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    Sad stuff ahead.

24 hours ago I found my dog, who had passed away in his sleep after a week of increasingly worse illness. I am not coping very well at this moment.

A lot of people both irl and here have been sympathetic, thank you, it's helping a little. I'm just so devestated because it was so sudden, he was so young (7 and a half) and he was just so obviously unwell the last few days which we spent at the vet trying to help him. Finding him gone under my bed was just one of the worst things I've had to deal with, having to wait for our vet to reopen to bring him in, cleaning up after him, and the realization that my happy puppy is no longer going to cuddle with me at night, go for walks, or even the annoying stuff like stealing my clothes, it's just been awful.

I'm sorry to hear that your dog has passed. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet, especially when it is sudden. I too lost my dog recently. He had been battling cancer for the past year, going through chemotherapy and radiation treatment. He was only 6 years old when I had to put him down. It's heartbreaking to watch them go through illnesses like that, and I understand how you must be feeling. Please, let me know if you need anything, or if there is anything that I can do to help.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited January 2017
    Lehki said:
    Been getting upset with everything in the news lately, have just not been functionally properly. Not eating or sleeping enough. Bought stuff to make soup like 4 days ago and haven't touch it yet. Falling into old bad habits of just sitting at my computer literally all day doing nothing but attempt to distract myself. Bluh
    <3<3<3

On a related note I have had such an awful time trying to sleep this week. I keep waking up from nightmares.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh look, another co-worker wearing perfume. :/ Inhaler already inhaled, got to wait out the wheezing and jitters. Only an hour left of shift, at least
  • edited January 2017
    Seems like an appropriate thread.

Talking to a friend today: His neighbour's pitbull (no collar, nor was it leashed up) jumped the 6ft-high fence, and started running around the neighbourhood (this wasn't even the first time, either)... Bear in mind, this is a neighbourhood with a strict "NO DOGS ALLOWED" policy, and the dog itself has a penchant for aggression... Well, the dog tried to attack friend's two cats (one's a persian, the other's a maine coon). The cats- who're generally not violent in the slightest- proceeded to kill it...

...Any concern from the neighbour? Nope. Hysterical shouts, and instead tried to get friend arrested plus have his cats put down for being 'openly aggressive, and making him feel unsafe' rofl. He wasn't too happy when he was the one who was getting fined for having the illegal dog in the first place.

I get losing an animal sucks, but it really is hard to have sympathy for people who have zero concept of how to follow rules in the place they're living. Especially to that sort of degree. *rant*
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Wtf, two cats killed a pitbull?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Have you seen Main coons?
    They could pass for Lynx's if you didn't know what to look for.
    Uh, not sure how to put this in a thing but here:

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2017
    ^ Pretty much this. Albeit not QUITE as big as those ones. Cuddly af tho.
    Ciaran said:
    Wtf, two cats killed a pitbull?
    They may look fat, but damn if they aren't agile and deadly, when they're not being lazy.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That is an epic cat. I want a guard cat.

my dissatisfaction - freaking one-handed typing. Stupid freaking elbow and sore and being unable to do anything I need to. Like dress myself or drive or cook or put up my own freaking hair. AAAAARGH. Dying for rp but typing is slow and error filled and sucks. Missed harmony because I was in hospital and I really wanted to try for it this year. Just bleh. Bleh bleh bleeeeeeeeeeh I can't take 6-12 more weeks of thiiiiiis! >_<

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    +1 for guard cat. I've seen a cat defeat a german shepherd with two disinterested claw strokes, ending the dog needing treatment and the cat not being the slighest bit even moved. I'm not sure a real fight would go, but I would never underestimate a cat, cute as they are... they are deadly and fast too.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My dad's awesome cat died today. He just called to let us know. :disappointed: RIP Simon. You were a cool guy with a silly face. 
  • It's a bad week for pets, lots of hugs Phoebus. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2017
    How hard is it to immigrate to Canada?  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    How hard is it to immigrate to Canada?  :/
    It depends on if you have skills needed, you're able to find a job, or are a refugee. It is a lengthy process though.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    All I can say is that if it's anything like immigrating to the US, it's a nightmare. :/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • There's a whole lot of pain in this world right now and I take on way too much of it.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • I worry a bit as a permanent resident (green card holder) in the US, even though I'm only from Australia and definitely pass as American most of the time thanks to working retail for the last six years. I have a son here, and a daughter on the way, and while my children automatically inherit my Australian citizenship, I have yet to register them as such (money, even if it only a couple hundred dollars), so that's a potential snarl if something goes bad. Between new concerns about immigration status and previous concerns about the future of prenatal care under the newest administration (I am 28 weeks tomorrow, which means there's still plenty of time for stuff to go wrong), and regular stress due to being the only one working and not quite making enough money, on top of some pregnancy difficulties (nothing MAJOR but still difficult), I'm probably lucky I haven't gone into premature labour. 

It's amazing how much of an impact politics can have, even on people who at the best of times have the privilege of not needing to worry.
  • edited January 2017
    This is minor compared to anyone dealing with immigration right now, but after spending my entire life avoiding ever discussing politics with or around my conservative parents, I went off on my dad on Facebook this afternoon when he gave an incredulous reply to me just lamenting how insane things have been lately.
  • Lehki said:
    This is minor compared to anyone dealing with immigration right now, but after spending my entire life avoiding ever discussing politics with or around my conservative parents, I went off on my dad on Facebook this afternoon when he gave an incredulous reply to me just lamenting how insane things have been lately.
    Your dad is pretty in-your-face, I'm impressed you held out as long as you did.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited January 2017
  • I hate when I try to be witty and nobody ever quotes me. So sad.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I told my sister yesterday it had been a year since my last anxiety attack. Today she told me she's pregnant and destroyed my hot streak. Am I a terrible person for not being able to fake any semblance of enthusiasm for the news?  :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Shedrin said:
    Tamsin said:
    I hate when I try to be witty and nobody ever quotes me. So sad.

My hero!
  • Daraius said:
    I told my sister yesterday it had been a year since my last anxiety attack. Today she told me she's pregnant and destroyed my hot streak. Am I a terrible person for not being able to fake any semblance of enthusiasm for the news?  :/
    No, I.....was not thrilled when I learned of my Sister-In-Laws third pregnancy. OTOH my youngest neice is also my favorite.....so who knows.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wonder if Sweden needs English speaking pharm techs...