The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weiwae said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Weiwae said:
    That looks right. Is there anyone else besides me and Breandryn who once voted for someone but have now unvoted?

I unvoted from Xeii shortly after she claimed, yes.
    Unless there is a ninja vote, I believe this is the current situation.

No Lynch - Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity, Ushaara, Falaeron, Tremula (7)
    Shaddus - Sylandra, Fyler, Othero, Portius (4)
    Xeii -    Ellowyn  (1)
    Unvoted - Weiwae, Ssaliss, Breandryn, Lavinya (4)

So 16 people who have voiced an opinion and Shaddus who defended himself.

So that just leaves: Phoebus, Vivet, and Dylara  as the lurkers?
    Nah that leaves Weiwae, Ssaliss, Breandryn, Lavinya, Phoebus, Vivet, and Dylara as the people who haven't voted- which is more important. If you haven't voted (or just unvoted without choosing another side) you're the reason the dayphase is still going on. So take this moment to say what you want the dayphase to still accomplish. Otherwise, take active participation in how you want it to end.

(Disclaimer: Passive day ending due to indecision is a pet peeve of mine. There's no agency in it and it's a pain to analyze.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I really liked the idea of a day one lynch because we never see it, and frankly day one usually bores me to tears. This has been an exciting contrast. But I think we have come to the point where it's unlikely to happen.

Vote No Lynch

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     Next to an earthquake, this is the most exciting day 1 I've seen in aaaaaages.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • We're still fresh off the train on Xeii, so I want to give it a little more time before I vote to end the day early. We're still early in the day, so who knows what else might be said?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I definitely agree with Sylandra, day one no lynches by way of time-out are the most boring things for Me. We do have more info than normal, though, so I'm leaving My vote so We have less of a chance to go until Sunday.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Ssaliss said:
    We're still fresh off the train on Xeii, so I want to give it a little more time before I vote to end the day early. We're still early in the day, so who knows what else might be said?
    K. Out of curiosity, do you think there's merit in the Shaddus train or nah?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Unvote.

Also requesting I be replaced please @Silvanus.
  • Honestly, the whole Shaddus thing is kinda weird at this point. He misread his role sheet (or rather, didn't read the whole thing), and when he discovered that, he just went silent mode. For now, I'm content with leaving it alone, since I have no doubt he'll be investigated. Of course, the only issue then is if he set this up because he's investigation proof... I won't really argue against voting off Shaddus, but at this point I'll not join in myself. What gives his position a little bit of credence in my eyes is him semi-quoting the win condition, which he wouldn't have access to unless he was town. Granted, he could've made a really good guess at it, but yeah.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Oi, I just got home! I'm busy for most of the day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm not lurking, I'm catching up on a big wall of posts after being out of the house all day. :P

I don't want to waste a day by lynching nobody, but I don't know if I think Xeii or Shaddus are probable scum. If Xeii is lying about being a doctor, the actual doctor knows, and is (thankfully) keeping quiet about it. If she's not lying, we have ways to find out that don't require killing her (and potentially losing the doctor) right now.

I kinda believe that Shaddus just hadn't read his win condition. But it took him a really long time to figure out that he'd made a mistake, when it could have been solved by, like, just going and reading the win condition to see what we were all going on about before all that. A vote for him would kinda be a "just because I want a lynch" vote from me at this point, and that's a little too arbitrary for my liking when my gut feeling is saying it was an honest mistake. Arbitrary votes need gut feelings to back them up, or I just can't justify making them to myself.

Ugh! As much as I want to, I can't really justify voting for either of the people the spotlight's been on today. So I'm going to Vote: Nobody. At least there was some actual Day One discussion, even if the day ultimately doesn't end in a lynch.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I believe that makes 9 for the no-lynch votes.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    (this is me letting @Silvanus know I'm willing, since I think I was first on the replacement list)
  • I am home now, going to read over the last eight pages (oh god, is this going to be a gigantic mafia again?!). As I mentioned before, unintentional lurking, just busy in real life. Should be able to write up my thoughts in an hour or so. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Dylara said:
    I am home now, going to read over the last eight pages (oh god, is this going to be a gigantic mafia again?!). As I mentioned before, unintentional lurking, just busy in real life. Should be able to write up my thoughts in an hour or so. 
    Welcome home.

RIP your brain. See you in eight pages.
  • @Sylandra:
    Why aren't you willing to hear constructive opinions from the three lurkers (intentional or not) before moving forward?
  • I don't know if lurkers day 0 really mean much. I hate when I get pinged to post for "lurking" on day 0, only to be cleared off some list by saying "HAY GURL, YAAAAS MAFIA SLAY QUEEN." 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • That's the nice thing about having some action on day 0, there is actually something to comment on and we can expect votes.
  • Meh unvote
    Vote: No Lynch
    Weiwae said:
    @Sylandra:
    Why aren't you willing to hear constructive opinions from the three lurkers (intentional or not) before moving forward?
    I never said I wasn't. I said people need to vote if they have opinions on anything so far, or to say why they aren't voting if they want to extend the dayphase for some reason. It doesn't exclude hearing from lurkers.
    Daraius said:
  • Thoughts on this day so far, and I am not the most verbose of us Elders.

Started out fairly normal, everyone checking in, first Vote caller was Lehki calling for a No Lynch. Common enough on the first day, especially for him, followed shortly thereafter by Xeii.

Now the wrench came when Fyler/Celina decided to toss things up, mix them up in his words, and randomly voted one of the then two voters for no lynch. I kinda expect this from Celina, he’s fairly aggressive and up front when it comes to mafia. Sylandra followed with the no lynch train, and others checked in or continued their discussion of the rules which yay clarification.

And then Xeii pipes up with her very curious post about Traitors, which no one else appears to know if for sure there are traitors. At this point we have just voted against the use of Fain’s Elixir, good riddance to it, and Fain is obviously upset. Now we know outside of the game that Fain and his coterie do eventually become the “Traitors”, but we don’t have any proof of them at all. I mentioned previously that in a game this size, there could definitely be a Cult and possibly under the guise of the “Traitors” from the book but I have no proof that they exist and from what I can tell, other than Xeii’s extremely curious comments about being a Traitor. Blargh. I know she has claimed to be Meridian and the Doctor at that but it still rubs me the wrong way, so I will leave her on my list of suspicious folks. I do maintain that the Soulless are our biggest threat, but we still need to be careful in case a Cult or similar does exist because our lovable evil Mod is certainly capable of such tactics.

I also agree with Sylandra on the night death count, I fully expect there to be multiple deaths, we’re a large game and they drag on without someone having some ganking powers. We’ll see next day, I suppose, if that will actually pan out.

Coming to the defenders of Xeii, Ssaliss and Shaddus were her top defenders. Ssaliss just kinda slips under the radar so far as I can tell. Shaddus and his goofup, all I can say is if you’re for real you remind me of this:

(Oh god I’ve only gone through two pages?!)

If Xeii is really who she says she is, their quick defence is questionable, but may not be highly suspicious. Now Shaddus does seem to be having some post RP going on, I don’t specifically need to do so for my role so maybe he does? I don’t know, whatever makes the game fun for you? It’s a bit weird but others are doing it with the capitalized They and He/She so I can’t really say too much on it. It does convey a specific personality such as Xyl, since Jadice seems to have been eliminated by his “claim”. I do agree that there was some considerable deflection in his posts, I’m sure we’ll get to that again eventually. Definitely on my “I’m going to watch you” list.

Othero is in full form, also haha at the Gorgulu and Othero claim posts from Fyler and Othero. I giggled when I read them. I love Ushaara’s theory crafting in every game, so much fun.

Also, it seems like Shaddus is just giving up? Like do we pursue that or just leave it be? If it was a mistake it’s definitely something you can bounce back from, it’s not like you’re in an unwinnable situation. If you are done playing though, I’d be more inclined to shift my vote to you. But everyone is moving for a no lynch, which is kinda boring. And a shame about Ellowyn needing replacement, hope you get to enjoy a full game some other time!

Okay, so if the town is for sure going no lynch I’ll hop on the choochoo train but can we get a vote update before I do? I don’t want to ninja end the day because I’m guessing the count wrong.

(I typed this out in a word document, so sorry about weird formatting? It's just being goofy)

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Also, I just want repeat it, I do have trouble posting during the day because I do work in the field and even a major city like Toronto has dead spots that I always seem to be working in. I also have a major interview tomorrow, and may be starting in a new job in a few weeks, one way or another. I will do my best to keep up on the posting but sometimes just a couple hours at night isn't enough when you guys post so much.

That said, loving this game so much right now. I can't wait for this weekend when I'll be off for three days.

• Fyler said:
    One of these days I'll be passive and subdued and you'll all lynch me for it.
    Yes, but don't worry too much about it. It'll be a lynch of love.

I'm fine with ending the day if everyone has said their piece and whatnot.

Are we missing anything important? I have the feeling we've all said more or less what we're going to say, except for maybe @Vivet.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017
    Welcome @Luce to the Elder Wars! I will have a vote count here shortly.

Vote Count, Day One:

No Lynch - 
    Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity, Ushaara, not Falmiis, Tremula, Lavinya, Othero (9)

Shaddus - 
    Sylandra, Fyler, Othero, Portius (4)

It takes 11 votes to reach a majority in the First World
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Fyler said:
    One of these days I'll be passive and subdued and you'll all lynch me for it.
    I can only imagine it would be a posting restriction, not voluntary.

Silvanus said:
    Welcome @Luce to the Elder Wars! I will have a vote count here shortly.

Vote Count, Day One:

No Lynch - 
    Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity, Ushaara, not Falmiis, Tremula, Lavinya, Othero (9)

Shaddus - 

You missed @Phoebus for the no lynch (I swear I am not trying to be a pedantic jerk, I just obsessively keep track of this stuff).

Which means it's at 10. One more vote and we end the day, kiddos. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Daraius said:
  • Yeah cause I need to go to bed like an hour ago >.>

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited March 2017
    Vote Count, Day One:

No Lynch - 
    Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity, Ushaara, not Falmiis, Tremula, Lavinya, Phoebus, Othero (10)

Shaddus - 

Thanks... I'll do better.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.