The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Lavinya said:
    Well when i was forced to use it to save myself, how on earth could it possibly look like me defending myself? Sylandra picks and chooses at fluff to suit herself but frankly I think she just wants me gone because I have her number now and she doesn't want me to convince anyone else. I prove myself where she is conveniently unverifiable but oh that fluff didn't say what I wanted it to do let's lynch her. "I have no idea why my fluff would say I disappear into the wastes rather than a forest or something but hey it's fluff don't read into it OMG LAVINYA FLUFF DID NOT EXPLICITLY OUT HER AS ZVOLTZ KILL KILL."

Sylandra is a very very good player making it more likely people will ignore what she glosses over regarding herself and focus on what she highlights instead. She's pretty amazing at this redirection business. 
    For what it's worth, she's number two on my list, and if you turn out to be town I'm going to be on her super hardcore. That said...

Lavinya - Sylandra, Yomoigu, Phoebe, Selenity (4)<br>Sylandra - Ushaara (1)

I think these numbers are correct since the day was reset.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I'm not voting for you because I necessarily believe everything Sylandra has been saying about herself, I'm voting for you because your claim has always been weak and it was a longshot that your power would have ever convinced me it was true. I wasn't expecting to be convinced of anything, I just wanted the power used and gone. Now it is, and I can vote for you for real.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Err look like me defending someone else not myself. 

Wtf forums I posted once and you blocked me?!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    We're all picking and choosing fluff at this point. The difference is we can see @Lavinya's fluff and @Ushaara's fluff. The fluff regarding me you're reading secondhand from Shaddus's interpretation of the fluff. I'm telling you what my power is, what in practice occurred, and what the fluff should have been referencing. You're relying on a dead character's reading comprehension as your reasoning for saying my power isn't what I say it is. You're not actually examining flavor text; you're examining Shaddus's interpretation of it.

And regardless of your opinion on me, Lavinya, I don't see anyone arguing that you appear saintly right now.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Actually you know what, I seriously doubt that anyone will change their mind given my last power display did nothing. So I will at least do a service to the town. 

EXECUTE SYLANDRA

I may have forgotten to mention my vig was day or night. Oops. You're welcome. 

Hahahaha.

Well, well. Goodbye, friends. I'm town.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    (Ps @Sylandra you really are amazing at this game and if I at all seemed I was attacking you it's pure jealousy. I think you rock.)

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Sylandra is right. Lavinya is not off the hook. I'm only voting Sylandra ahead of her because of the phrasing of the win condition, and because I believe she is Illith.

When I highlighted Portius' flag-raising post, Sylandra popped up with this post that now reads like it was to discourage proper scrutiny. If I'm right, at this point Sylandra knew Portius was a Soulless.
    Sylandra said:
    Portius admitted to a series of X-shot powers that rely on role name unprompted in order to warn people off claiming. Why would he do this if he's scum? That's the part that doesn't jive for me. If he were scum, this is one hell of a bluff just to protect other players in his contingent from claiming, but if he were town, this is sharing vital information to prevent feeding the mafia. Strikes me as more likely he's trying to help than hurt, idk.

More curious about testing the "I have no powers" contingent personally.
    A power that relies on role name is and was a bizarro claim.

Had Portius not talked himself into a conflicting claim, I likely would have been lynched back on Day 3, because trying to provide definitive proof of guilt or infer reasons for someone's actions is next to impossible in this game.

Oooooh, exciting!!

(also wtf forums, I did not post 5 times within 60 seconds... stop being weird)
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Lavinya said:
    Actually you know what, I seriously doubt that anyone will change their mind given my last power display did nothing. So I will at least do a service to the town. 

EXECUTE SYLANDRA

I may have forgotten to mention my vig was day or night. Oops. You're welcome. 
    Paging @Silvanus.
    Oh, for-- Whyyyy didn't you use it on Ushaara? He already did his self-rescue thing and is apparently a Thax-style remake of himself now or something, this was our chance to get rid of him once and for all. I really don't think Sylandra is Soulless, but it's too late now.

(Forums please let me post and stop giving me spam warnings, thanks. I've been trying to get this post through for more than five minutes now.)
    Dun dun duuuuuuuuun. Like I am 90% sure she's soulless at this point, but I can't help worry that my own paranoia has destroyed me  and there is that slim chance she will flip town....aaargh the waiting is hell.

It is what it is. You made the best play you could at this point with a lynch coming your way. Especially if you're scum, I'll add.

I fully believe this is a dayvig so I'll come fully clean just in case anyone says anything odd. I doubt there's a janitor in play, but just in case there is: I only lied about one thing.

I commute only on odd-numbered nights. I lied and said it was every night because I didn't want to die, I didn't want to get converted, and I figured it was the only thing my power was good for after @Shaddus outed me on Day 2. The fact no one ever called me out on it when I said no one targeted me at night was interesting and showed my bluff worked. No one converted me and as you see, no one killed me. So that bluff was successful, imho.

Everything else I have said is true.

I also strongly suspect @Shaddus misread his flavor text. Mine didn't mention the northern wastes at all. It did, however, mention the "northern wilderness." He might have read it a bit quickly. I figured pushing him on this point would go badly and potentially lead to him doubling down, particularly since for all I knew it did say wastes in his text, so I didn't really make a big stink about it. But whatever. I'm curious to see that tidbit of flavor text late-game, myself, because I swear to you I was chilling in the northern forests of Serynwodenhillirim in my version of events.

With that, what a wild ride. Thanks Silvanus for a great set-up!
    Daraius said:
    I've been inclined to believe she's Triumvirate (even if I might not wholly believe everything she's claimed about her abilities) since she immediately shot down people's theories that there was a Triumvirate mason group, plus I don't think someone who's about to flip scum would say "I'm town" after being executed. I mean, there's no reason to try to lie and convince anyone at that point.
    If I'm wrong I'm going to die. Hell I think I was going to die anyway. But I think it needed to be done.

Also with so many immunities and the like in play it would be madness to admit to being scum until the mod post confirms it because it's entirely possible the death won't happen.

Lavinya said:
    If I'm wrong I'm going to die. Hell I think I was going to die anyway. But I think it needed to be done.
    I have a friend I'd like to introduce you to.

Daraius said:
    Haha, if that's all true I think this is residual suspicion from Los Alamos mafia on mine and Lavinya's parts to distrust everything you say.

But I also think you're so sneaky that you might janitor yourself and leave us in the lurch on whether to trust you or not, so eagerly awaiting the flip. :D

If true, man, I need to redraw my state of play board...
    Lavinya said:
    I'm gonna have to disagree and say it really didn't need to be done. There were way better ways you could've used a vig power throughout this game. And yes, you were most likely going to die anyway, but I really don't think you had to take out one of the only people we had who was pretty safe against conversion attempts on your way out the door. 
    Ahh but I was taking out a sneaky slimy soulless!

Lavinya said:
    Ahh but I was taking out a sneaky slimy soulless!
    Expectation:

Reality:

Daraius said:
  • Guys, I left to go make dinner and came back to so many posts. I am super jealous of someone's kill working. *glare Ushaara* (diiiiie).

Okay, so Sylandra is clearly going to die unless she pops up with another ridiculous immunity, which she hasn't claimed so who knows.

Lavinya.. I.. wha? I find day resets weird, without confirmation of who you're taking down they can be both for and against Town. This was in your own defence, which I guess I cannot blame you for, really. If I could defend myself against a death/lynch, I would too. Just muddied water for me.

As to Flavour issues, I am of the mindset to not read too much into flavour. Flavour is lovely, but ultimately it can't give away too much about the role in a game like this because then we wouldn't need an investigator to find out scum, we'd just read flavour. And again, it depends on the mod but Silvanus, in my experience, tries not to give too much away flavour-wise. 

Phoebus said:
    Lol. Once again, Shaddus' poor reading comprehension ruins everything.

This has been my thought through most of the game, poor Shaddus. We're never going to let it go.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Don't worry, kids, I have no day immunity. It's the Void for me.
    Daraius said:
  • Sounds like you're going to die, actually.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Well, what's happening with deforestation these days is a terrible, terrible thing.
    Daraius said:
  • That's unfortunate, but I think we're reading too much into fluff. Didn't Silvanus make a comment make a when Weiwae was confused about his power that there wasn't extra info in the flavor? That probably applies to all fluff in this game.

I'm honestly more inclined to go after somebody besides Lavinya right now. Either Ushaara because Town is more likely to get on board with that, or Othero because I still don't trust Soulless sense.
    Hey, hey, hey. I may be making bad lynch choices but there's some (perhaps madcap!) reasoning behind all my accusations which I provide. It still seems like the only argument for my lynching is because you can't stop debating me.

Message for all future mods and players:

That I avoided the two daykills today is absolutely cracking me up though, hahaha.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Just as an aside and because I seem to be the best scapegoat in the game at the moment, I stopped being precise and taking the game seriously after I spent the second half of the first day being bitched at because I assumed something in my role, and actually had people say they wanted to lynch me even if I were town, just because of that. I mean, I assumed we had traitors and that they were the enemy. Turns out, they're an enemy as well. Imagine that.

But know who cults don't recruit? Sloppy, half-useless members who are as likely to out their members as someone else.

Ok, back to death!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Hoom.
    Daraius said: