Simple Ideas

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Lavinya said:
    (You don't have to wield the trade artifacts for them to work) @Selenity
    The goop enchanting lens specifically says it must be wielded if you look in the ashop. The spectral curios in the help file HELP CURIOS also say they must be wielded.

In order to use a powerstone use must wield it.
  • Culture/Library: It would be great to have a config or command to let culture min/librarin AND City Leader (for easier oversight) to know time remaining until submissions are due or current submissions. Eg CULTURE SUBMISSIONS could show something like:

Stage:
    - Prestige: None
    - 20 days until submission (CLOSED)

Library:
    - Prestige (scholarly): None
    - Prestige (literary): "A Literary Book," by Bob
    - 3 days until submission (OPEN)
  • At a shops directory or the aetherplex, the ability to search for multiple words at once and some alternative nouns to make it easier to find what you're actually looking for. For example, if I'm looking for brewed green tea, I could do portal search shops "green tea" or portal search shops green+tea. (Or in that case, just greentea, to be consistent with the other teas.) It's fairly annoying having to look through every single item that includes the word "green."
    Ianir said:
    Kerith said:
    At a shops directory or the aetherplex, the ability to search for multiple words at once and some alternative nouns to make it easier to find what you're actually looking for. For example, if I'm looking for brewed green tea, I could do portal search shops "green tea" or portal search shops green+tea. (Or in that case, just greentea, to be consistent with the other teas.) It's fairly annoying having to look through every single item that includes the word "green."
    See CHANGELOG 740.
    Any chance on either the spectral enchanting curio not needing to be wielded, or the enchanting goop arti needing to be worn or not wielded at all to be used? (Only asking since you're already here, I know you're very busy, @Ianir)
  • Selenity said:
    Any chance on either the spectral enchanting curio not needing to be wielded, or the enchanting goop arti needing to be worn or not wielded at all to be used? (Only asking since you're already here, I know you're very busy, @Ianir)
    Nope. Definitely not going to happen. And it's definitely not in CHANGELOG 742.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Ianir said:
    Selenity said:
    Nope. Definitely not going to happen. And it's definitely not in CHANGELOG 742.
    <3 !!! Thank you!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ianir said:
    Kerith said:
    At a shops directory or the aetherplex, the ability to search for multiple words at once and some alternative nouns to make it easier to find what you're actually looking for. For example, if I'm looking for brewed green tea, I could do portal search shops "green tea" or portal search shops green+tea. (Or in that case, just greentea, to be consistent with the other teas.) It's fairly annoying having to look through every single item that includes the word "green."
    See CHANGELOG 740.
    While we're begging, I'd love it if you could extend this to the library's BROWSE commands. Probably only matters for browsing by title.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    While we're begging, I'd love it if you could extend this to the library's BROWSE commands. Probably only matters for browsing by title.
    On my todo list, but I'll be honest, anything that even remotely touches library or stage at the moment is probably a more complicated undertaking than server-side curing. And I'm only being slightly hyperbolic here.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Kerith said:
    See CHANGELOG 740.
    I am in awe. :love: Thank you!!
    edited April 2017
    Would we also make the aethermanse flower gardens look less unwieldly?

Currently:

A bright red poppy, a pink carnation, a vibrant sunflower, a bright red poppy, a warm tulip of dawn, a striped orchid, a yellow lily, a yellow lily, a mid<br>night black rose, a midnight black rose, a tiger lily, and a bunch of yellow freesias blossom within a beautiful, lush garden.

Ideal:

2 bright red poppies, a pink carnation, a vibrant sunflower, a warm tulip of dawn, a striped orchid, 2 yellow lilies, 2 midnight black roses, a tiger lily<br>, and a bunch of yellow freesias blossom within a beautiful, lush garden.

On that note, probing the garden does not list the flowers growing in it.

<br>This lush garden is abloom with fresh multicoloured flowers. The fresh and uplifting smell charms your senses, and makes room for comfort and relaxation.<br>The well-tended earth is pleasingly damp, and the perfect condition to keep flowers blooming regardless of season.<br><p>It is strangely weightless.</p><p><br>It has the following aliases: garden.</p>

• Can we get a config to toggle the new manse vnum display? This new change has broken my mapper and it's just not pretty to see the technical underbelly of the game when I'm wandering around immersed and RPing.
  • How about a membership package that gives you the same benefits but across ALL IRE games?
  • Have goop/dingbats/etc listed on CREDIT REPORT or add a new command CURRENCY to show how much we have of all the different currencies.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Selenity and @Tirah my bad I meant you don't have to wield the trade curios to use them, not the artifacts. 

• New Flavor skill for aeonics: Sets a beast back to its baby form, right after hatching, essentially giving you a chance to go for a new look like zimoru, but instead of spending 3 credits, you have to wait an IG year for the result.
  • I feel like this would be a really great time for an UNTITLE command. *puppyeyes @Ianir*
  • Tamsin said:
    I feel like this would be a really great time for an UNTITLE command. *puppyeyes @Ianir*
    if you are talking about about removing your title, you just use the normal titling command with the <title> bit blank.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Tamsin said:
    I feel like this would be a really great time for an UNTITLE command. *puppyeyes @Ianir*
    if you are talking about about removing your title, you just use the normal titling command with the <title> bit blank.
    That would be great if all my characters had access to prefix/suffix.
  • In other IREs, you can use UNTITLE to strip prefix/suffix regardless of if you have perms to set it. Useful tool for orghopping or if someone keeps setting annoying titles on you.
  • edited April 2017
    different thread whoops >_>
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Breandryn said:
    In other IREs, you can use UNTITLE to strip prefix/suffix regardless of if you have perms to set it. Useful tool for orghopping or if someone keeps setting annoying titles on you.
    I'm pretty sure QUIT <org> automagically strips your title here, and if someone is giving you an annoying title after you've asked them to stop, let your guild/city/commune leaders know. Most orgs have oft-ignored laws in place about titling, and you can land yourself in pretty hot water frivolously messing with someone by using their title. Failing that I know it's ISSUEable.
  • Luce said:
    Breandryn said:
    In other IREs, you can use UNTITLE to strip prefix/suffix regardless of if you have perms to set it. Useful tool for orghopping or if someone keeps setting annoying titles on you.
    I'm pretty sure QUIT <org> automagically strips your title here, and if someone is giving you an annoying title after you've asked them to stop, let your guild/city/commune leaders know. Most orgs have oft-ignored laws in place about titling, and you can land yourself in pretty hot water frivolously messing with someone by using their title. Failing that I know it's ISSUEable.
    This is still missing the point of me asking. I don't want to log into my dozen or more characters who are now or soon will be guildless and start asking random people to untitle me, or be rushed into making decisions about factions, and I really, really, REALLY hate forced guild titles and would like them gone on characters who I simply don't have the time or cityrank to focus on enough to get it done, instead of going back to them in x weeks/months/years and seeing a completely antiquated title that annoys me. 

Yes, it's a relatively petty thing (and reason) to ask for. But it's also a minor QOL thing that would be useful in the current climate.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well geeze Tamsin. Maybe you shouldn't alt so much.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I was more addressing Breandryn's concerns specifically. Frankly I'd not mind in the least if everyone out of college had the ability to title him or herself. Will there be issues that would need to be addressed? Yes, occasionally, but just as often those folks would have created that issues anyway in due course and I'm a fan of orgs being able to self police.
  • Ianir said:
    Resolved when the new faction permissions drop. Factions can choose to have their TITLE permission rank 1+.
    As long as you join one. But I'll take what I can get.
  • Random thought: Current guildleaders could get an Honours line for ' was the final <position name> of the <Guild> in modern times.'

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Random thought: Current guildleaders could get an Honours line for ' was the final <position name> of the <Guild> in modern times.'

I'm not a massive fan of this. There's already a bit of meta gaming going around with folks rushing to guild honours people before the guilds vanish.