Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Still very tied up with work so I have to try to make the most with my post.

Vote: Kalikai

Reason: Voting one person after another yesterday, every one of which was town or at least I'm reasonably convinced of townliness.  Also, reasons.

If Kalikai turns mafia, I'm somewhat certain about another.  But let's burn that bridge when we get to it.  If she flips town... I'll probably get lynched and would deserve it.  But I'm betting on this unless major contradictory info shows up.

Reminder: ruby, rainbow.  I can understand and accept reticence to share information, to an extent.  I have strong hunches, but there are too many variables.  I'd like to buy a clue, Alex.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oooh, intrigue. I'll bite. Vote: Kalikai. You clearly have information I don't, @Eldanien, and I'm curious how solid it is.

I'm also not sure where else to go right now, so this is as good an avenue as any.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Shaddus mentioned something about a rainbow flatulence shield, btw, if that helps.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I am willing to go along with the reasons but was your rainbow the same as Shaddus'? Because that sounds like a protector and they should not give up information and I don't understand the fishing for that info, which makes me reluctant.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I'm certainly not scum, and I'll reveal if I need to. I'll note that I was open about my willingness to vote for people and wanting to lynch. I applied pressure where I thought it was needed to be applied. 

Sylandra also voted for one person after another (and before me actually). 

I'm assuming if I turn out mafia that Tremula is also mafia given my defense of her.

I am curious about your reasons, lets see if you have something more solid than 'she did something others did as well'
    Kalikai said:
    I'm certainly not scum, and I'll reveal if I need to. I'll note that I was open about my willingness to vote for people and wanting to lynch. I applied pressure where I thought it was needed to be applied. 

Sylandra also voted for one person after another (and before me actually). 

I'm assuming if I turn out mafia that Tremula is also mafia given my defense of her.

I am curious about your reasons, lets see if you have something more solid than 'she did something others did as well'
    For the record, I don't find aggression or lynch train hopping inherently suspicious. As you stated, that's something I have been doing frequently this game, so I can't hold that against you obviously.

I'm voting you based on testing Eldanien's "reasons" and seeing whether they hold water. Also because if they are accurate, now someone has to do more than just pile one two votes on someone else to avoid talking about this.

That said, I'm up for an alternative, I just don't know who that would be right now.
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I mean, voting for people who end up being town doesn't make people scummy. We're all doing that at some point. 

I'm not a fan of lynching Kalikai, but I wouldn't mind hearing more from her. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Heart cut out from the back doesn't sound like a ninja. Is that a vig/sk kill? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • What more do you want to here short of a role reveal? I was clear in all my reasonings for each vote I went for. I was actually on Yomoigu yesterday before Tarkenton.

I'll reveal this tidbit. The reason I'm okay with Tremula is because I actually take a supermajority to lynch without mob mentality. If you add two and two together, you'll see why I'm okay with her at the moment, and then also why I'm wondering why no mice have seemed to appear last night.
    Two people with supermajority?

And who saw the mice originally again? Maybe the mice are now whatever ruby Eldanien saw?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Not really surprised Tarkenton thinks I'm scummy considering I flipped on him! All I can say is I really hated the idea of him escaping a lynch at the last second, and that's what finally pushed me over into voting him over Yomoigu. Sry bb.

Related: I'm not sure why Phoebus chose Tark over Yomo in the end, considering they were both townies. But that line of thinking is a downward spiral.
    Daraius said:
  • Silvanus said:
    Two people with supermajority?

And who saw the mice originally again? Maybe the mice are now whatever ruby Eldanien saw?
    No, Tremula doesn't have a super majority. And I saw the mice originally. 
    I think I'm starting to piece together Kalikai's implied point. Maybe. (Full disclosure: I know nothing about the mice other than what's in this thread so I could be wrong.)

I wouldn't be concerned with supermajority at the moment, anyway.

@Kalikai, who would you want to see pressure on today? Considering Eldanien has pointed a finger at you.
    Daraius said:
  • I'm looking mostly at @Eldanien at the moment, but it may be pure reaction. His reasoning is much like Kistan's in that he's accusing me of being guilty of something while passing by others who have done the same.  For instance, I ended up on the same vote train as him yesterday by voting to lynch Yomoigu. Granted, he turned out town as well, but not because we lynched him. 

Other than that, I have suspicions about everyone but really Arix at the moment. I'm wondering what Tremula did if no mice have been spotted.
    Alright, however my guess is Tremula has a power that counters yours? That is how she knows it exists. I don't have an opinion on the scummy nature of that in relation to your power, you would know better.

If you want hindsight to day one I guess we should have voted Yomoigu over Tarkenton, but I still think the real better course was no lynch if we could have got the activity in the last day. We had a lot of information and votes that didn't need to end with a death on day 1.

The odds are in our favor though with Phoebus death, so we got that at least. As Sylandra mentioned, we can't really focus on voting patterns on day one, especially because the mafia would want to appear not to be bandwagoning.

I feel as if we still have quite a few people flying under the radar, we are nearly a quarter of the way done with the day phase. I'm not sure what Eldanien said "out of pocket for a couple of days," but we can't waste too much time on his reasons and move forward somewhere else with our limited time.

And just as a point of reference, in Yomoigu's post the Sylandra quote with the quotation of me, is actually by Othero. Othero said "better the devil you know," not me.
  • That is true,  Silvanus followed my argument and voting.  I'm not sure if that makes him more or less suspicious though. Not really worth following on.

Kalikai, I'm not following what you are saying in regards to Tremula. Are you both linked?
    (Oops, sorry! You're right, that was Othero not you. My bad.)
    Daraius said:
  • Tremula said:
    Nope, I just misread the rules and my reading was 9 was what was necessary for mob mentality. It is interesting that someone who received a night message of any sort is trying to guess about my role just because I ask for clarification on a misunderstanding, though. Since lie detector powers are so beloved, though, let me do this to satiate you.

No, we are not linked, but I believe (and maybe wrongfully so) that this message was a hint in my direction that Tremula knew it was me with the supermajority. I didn't get it right away, but after re-reading it, I felt content with that answer, gleaming some information from that.
  • Eldanien just got voluntold to work three consecutive shifts please and thank you, a shift being 12 hours with probably a lunch break.  My ability to check forums will be somewhere between sporadic and none.

On the plus side, this is how I can afford to be an artihoor for a game I hardly have time to play anymore.  Eh.

I have much more to add, but there's value in waiting before I do.  Also a balancing act in that I have to permit enough time for followup discussion, while not knowing exactly when I will be free to post.  Frankly, it's hard to give up minutes of lunch, and I'll be crashing for 20 hours when I get off.

My lousy yet wonderful life aside...

Be careful what information you share.  Be certain of the worth of giving out knowledge.  And when you do, please do it for the town's benefit and not your own skin.

Rainbow brite: Thanks, sorry, and go away please.

Ruby: A final appeal - I think you're the lynchpin of this puzzle.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Vote Count

Kalikai <- Eldanien, Sylandra (2)

As everyone settles into the reality of the situation and Yomoigu's apparition makes a brief appearance to whisper a few words, the group slowly and methodically does their best to piece together what has been happening the last few nights. Light pressure falls on Kalikai as the inquiries continue, and the swarm of swallowtail butterflies settle upon the rafters. Gently fanning their wings as they rest, they seem to almost be following the conversation below.

wut
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    (lol did everyone miss those at the start of Day 2? Oops.)
    Is kalikai some kinda butterfly summoner? 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I noticed them, but since our resident mafia genii weren't mentioning then I didn't want to. Their unusual colouration brings to mind a tidbit I read that butterflies are not opposed to drinking blood in their search for liquid nutrients (Google mud-puddling). Not an indication of my role, but I am ready for jeopardy.

As to being linked to Kalikai, unfortunately I am not and neither do I have these fancy mice. My power is much more passive, and as I said, I am not forced to a super majority lynch for lynching.

I pointed out the rule I pointed out for a good reason.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I wonder, could we have a druid of some sort? Wild theory creating time, maybe they can shape shift? I'd imagine they can't participate in conversation but can still vote by settling on their target. Shot in the dark, but has anyone not checked in?

Vivet said:
    Day 2 Dawns!

As everyone gathers in the commons, the waking occupants takes notice to the odd panoply of butterflies that have taken residence in the Inn. All swallowtail butterflies - red and white and black, with varying patterns that never stray from this colouration scheme.

^Okay found it.

Totally went whoosh over my head earlier, though. What even is this? Should we be alarmed?

Daraius said:
  • Yeah noticed, but had no idea what to make of them. Actually, just to review, things we've seen so far.

Visits from mice.
    Finding gold coin.
    Shuriken storm.
    Rainbow shield. @Eldanien, was the color ruby related to the shield, or actually something else entirely?
    Getting turned invisible.
    Swallowtail Butterflies flocking during day phase

Did I miss anything?

We know the coin is from the Watcher, and the shurikens are a role block. Oddly we had 2 on the first night, but none showed up today?? So either blockee is keeping quiet, or no blocks went out. I'd say maybe Yomo was blocked before he died but feel he would have mentioned that in his post.

I have an idea what the Rainbow Shield is, but the rest I am stumped on, though invisible I can only guess is probably protective? Can't kill what you can't see.
    Well, we know a dayblocker is in play, so it makes sense daypowers would exist that could cause a swarm of butterflies.

It's not a dayjail, though, as everyone has posted this dayphase who's alive. So that reasoning is out.
    Daraius said:
    @Sylandra that or someone's struggling with some heavy baggage right now.