Simple questions?

Comments

• Anita said:
    Brilliant, exactly what I was looking for - thankyou!
  • Ref the batons: If I have two of the same baton, does that allow me to use the power 6 times? Or is it capped at 3x per character per weave?
  • I have a few questions relating to aethersuits, sorry there are so many!

• Can you customize aethersuit appearances? It seems the CUSTOMISE command doesn't apply for skins, but I don't know what the alternatives are?
    • Do shoulder-cannons work in PvE? Or just PvP?
    • If they are applicable to mobs, what do shoulder-cannons look like, and can the attack messages be customised? (I'm not too keen on clockwork cannonballs, which is what I suspect they would be)
    • Is there a way to add warmth to aethersuits? Or do you just give up some measure of weather protection other than cloaks by choosing a suit?

• From the ashop listing: 

Two shoulder-mounted guns may automatically fire at your enemies when
    you attack. Only useable on players (not denizens).
  • I have a few questions relating to aethersuits, sorry there are so many!

• Can you customize aethersuit appearances? It seems the CUSTOMISE command doesn't apply for skins, but I don't know what the alternatives are?
    • Do shoulder-cannons work in PvE? Or just PvP?
    • If they are applicable to mobs, what do shoulder-cannons look like, and can the attack messages be customised? (I'm not too keen on clockwork cannonballs, which is what I suspect they would be)
    • Is there a way to add warmth to aethersuits? Or do you just give up some measure of weather protection other than cloaks by choosing a suit?

You should be able to customize aethersuits. If not with CUSTOMISE, then you can email artifacts@lusternia.com.
    Only PvP
    You can't customize any sort of extra message that an item has (this is not just aethersuits, but any item like noses and gnomeweapons as well. I personally would love if we could...)
    You might be able to add warmth to aethersuits with the normal forging padding (as they are forged armor to start with), but I'm not 100% on this. You can add the weatherproofing enhancement as normal (but I believe this is only for being slowed due to weather and not actual less freezing/sweating)
  • Thanks to you both!  :)
  • In regards to warmth, aethersuits, by virtue of being artifacts, don't actually take up clothing slots like normal suits/robes/armors. So while they don't have any warmth themselves, there's nothing to stop you from throwing on pants and shirts and coats and cloaks and gloves and masks and scarves and ponchos and stoles and socks and boots and padding the hell out of them to become a thermal cocoon anyways. Thanks to the relatively new clothing system, you can even hide the clothes (or aethersuit) if you don't want to appear to wear, say, a clockwork bustier gown at the same time as the gaudy t shirt you purchased off the rack at an aethershop.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • New clothing system?
  • Recently Ianir recoded the clothing system so that you can 'pose' clothing and jewellery, or hide it if you want it for some benefit but don't want it showing up on LOOK.

Try the command CLOTHES, and play around.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • With the Epic Quests (particularly Celest's), will progress be saved individually?

As in, if I start lighting beacons during the off hours, I assume any circuits I complete won't take away from someone else's count? I was going to wait, but by the sound of it completing the epic quest could take weeks, and I have some extra time off at the moment so would like to make the most of it.
  • With the Epic Quests (particularly Celest's), will progress be saved individually?

As in, if I start lighting beacons during the off hours, I assume any circuits I complete won't take away from someone else's count? I was going to wait, but by the sound of it completing the epic quest could take weeks, and I have some extra time off at the moment so would like to make the most of it.
    All that the quest sees for the epic is who does the last thing, which gives you the honours line (so I guess for Celest, this would be lighting the last beacon? I'm not familiar with Celest's Epic). As such, someone could prep the quest for you up until the last part. You could 'steal' someone's progress if they have stopped part way in lighting the beacons - Celest might have a list of who is working on the epic so you know.
  • Lighting the beacons is broken into sets of 9. Whoever puts the pearl in the 9th beacon and lights it up gets the honor from doing so, regardless of any work put in previously.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Thanks to you both! That's a bit disappointing if there's no way to 'save' individual quest completions that are likely to take many hours, but as long as the number of times the honours lines are done per person doesn't get reset, I think I can accept that risk.

I was just worried that if I started doing my first set of nine beacons, and someone had already done 3 sets of nine beacons, they would have to start again in order to get five runs of 9 beacons in a row. I might also idea some way to track this per player, rather than per group, if the rewards are per player only.

• @ElrynGreythane
    Celest has it much easier than the orgs which do not have a visual representation of progress. Someone could do all eight of the beacons and leave you the ninth. Hell they could do all 8 of the beacons and fill the spire and leave the last bit for you.

If you want it, consider making it clear to people in game that you have a limited window to make progress in the quest and you welcome people to contact you if they'd like to help (contact rather than just ask them to do the quest, so they don't 'accidentally' finish a round). 

• You can also, if you want to expedite your own turn at the beacons, complete 8 of them yourself and let the person that's ahead of you finish the last one, repeat until they're done, instead of just waiting for them to do it all on their own time.

• Huh, with the Forest, if you summon Mother Night you get credit each of the first five times, you don't have to do them consecutively....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• A more accurate equivalent to what Maligorn is referring to would be you doing everything, anointing the Ebonglom Crown, then giving the Crown to whoever is ahead of you so that they can summon Night. But we're more limited by the New Moons.
  • In Glom's quest, the quest line is given for baby killing. Nothing else matters (glory be). So you can actually have someone do the nai'Dorin, get the crown, give it to Brennan, drop the baby they collected themselves, and if a second person kills the baby, the first person gets nothing and the second gets the honours.

In Gaudiguch it's handing in threads to Drachou, and the line goes to whoever adds the final thread, whether they made it or any others or not.
  • Oh sorry. I didn't know he was Glom.

• Huh, well you'd have to get the timing just right(a lot of people don't the first time, and that's without trying to steal it).
    Doable I guess.

• Maligorn said:
    Oh sorry. I didn't know he was Glom.
    I think @Elryngreythane is New celest, we were just comparing/contrasting it to our own epic.

• Is there some central resource that explains the function of these artifacts for sale? I don't know if I'm just not finding the right help files, or there's some sort of external wiki I should be consulting.

What do a genie/leprechaun/treasure map curios actually do? Are Czigany Beasts different from other beasts somehow?
  • Is there some central resource that explains the function of these artifacts for sale? I don't know if I'm just not finding the right help files, or there's some sort of external wiki I should be consulting.

What do a genie/leprechaun/treasure map curios actually do? Are Czigany Beasts different from other beasts somehow?

Genies - Three collections (Red, Blue, Yellow) for 4 bottles each. You can rub each bottle for 3-5goop* or a prize (palette, coin, lips, present). There is a goop cap of 50 goop per day between all your genies, treasure maps, and urtraps. If you are at this cap, you will only get 1 goop instead. The collection power will give you a 1/8 vital buff of the color (red - health, blue - mana, yellow - ego).

Leprechaun pots change your tells into colorful things when you put gold into it.

Treasure maps are a hot-cold game 3 times for goop or a coin (I believe it is still 10% chance for the coin). The goop cap talked about in the genies applies here too.

Czigany beasts are not different than any other beasts besides that you can only buy them at the Wayfaire (and they are not immortal, so it dying will be permanent just like a normal beast.)
  • also for the auctions, you can do AUCTION INFO <auction #> for details on each item
  • @Ayisdra aren't these poteens? I would hope they wouldn't sell bulk leprechaun pots
  • Yendor said:
    @Ayisdra aren't these poteens? I would hope they wouldn't sell bulk leprechaun pots
    No. Leprechaun and poteens are two different curios.

Ashop (ID#) info will tell you some thing about the item I think....

• Ayisdra said:
    Yendor said:
    @Ayisdra aren't these poteens? I would hope they wouldn't sell bulk leprechaun pots
    No. Leprechaun and poteens are two different curios.
    Seriously good catch there. I wonder if it was a slip on their part @Estarra ?

There's a pot on curio market and contact me in game if you want to trade a -leprechaun- pot for something 

• SEEKING:

Will trade leprechaun pot for 14 bluetint
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yendor said:
    SEEKING:

Will trade leprechaun pot for 14 bluetint
    Okay.