Pretty Parrot Mafia!

Comments

• Welp, it seems as though there was one power used on him that couldn't overcome his shame from those photos, which I suspect is a good thing, vigilante types scare me as they can often strike wrong.

Anyway. What's new? Why do we think Luce may have been targeted?
  • Who could've done such a dastardly thing? Some maniac bird with a came is running around taking pictures while the rest of us pretty parrots are sleeping!

This pretty parrot has nothing conclusive to add at this moment except my shocked face.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I'll be up front about this. Something targeted @Carakhan and it was me. Deliberately vague so Carakhan can reveal the flavor of what happened at discretion.
  • Somebody visited me too, but they were super friendly and gave me a hug!

@Sapphira Out of curiosity, why do you say that Luce was a vigilante? Or are you saying that it's a good thing he couldn't copy a sneaky photographer power and BECOME a vigilante?
  • Yeah was more a tongue in cheek comment saying thankfully they couldn't copy the power that ultimately ran him out of the game in shame. Lame attempt at a joke.

coy parrot  Lynn  Flickr
  • Zitto said:
    I'll be up front about this. Something targeted @Carakhan and it was me. Deliberately vague so Carakhan can reveal the flavor of what happened at discretion.
    I'm not prepared to do that yet, unless you were the scream. I'm not entirely sure if that was parrot flavour or something more substantial. Or poor Luce discovering the embarrassing pictures.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • I was the SCREEEEEM. I will remain cagey about what it did until things develop a little more.
  • ...huh. Well, we know what the scream wasn't, which is something I guess.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Did you scream because you didn't get a cuttlebone?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Let the games begin! It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 8:15PM, EST, on July 9th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 8 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    None!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Much vagueness to be sure but I'm getting some impressions at least. Would love to hear more from those who have yet to check in. I feel like not much has -really- been said yet and I don't want to reveal my hand too early because I'm impatient lol. 
  • So to check in, I will similarly say that I performed a night action, upon Zitto, and will let him decide how to share what it is that I did in the night. 
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • There is a lot of discussion of night actions taking place. I see that Carakhan was not prepared to share what happened unless Zitto was the scream, which he then said that he was. While a part of me wishes for more information, I would also urge everyone not to say too much until we know if there is someone here who can stop our pictures being taken at night.
  • The hug Thax mentioned puts me in mind perhaps of a bodyguard or protector. As Nelras said, lots of night actions by the sound of it. I'd assume no vanilla roles.
  • Time is ticking and so I will confirm that Mysrai visited Zitto and that so did one other person (aside from me watching), so it's possible that Zitto will have some trouble pinpointing your actions.

Assuming Zitto is telling the truth, and given another thing that happened to me, that leaves three possibilities for who took Luce's pictures.

vote: @Coraline
    now that the day has progressed, do you have any further thoughts beyond your shocked parrot?

• To clarify, it's quite likely that the picture taker has an accomplice who could easily be among those whose whereabouts are confirmed. However 1/3  is better odds than 2/10.

Also the watching was a one-shot, so I am now powerless. Don'ttakemypictureplease.
    Let the games begin! It is DAY TWO. The day ends at 8:15PM, EST, on July 9th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 8 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 5 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Coraline 1-Carakhan
  • I think that there are vanilla roles, because there is no point to my role if there is no vanilla townie.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Vanilla *parrot*! Yes, that's what I meant
  • Sapphira said:
    The hug Thax mentioned puts me in mind perhaps of a bodyguard or protector.
    No, I don't think so. The hug had a concrete beneficial effect, but it wasn't related to protection. To be honest, it confused me; without giving too much away about the nature of the power, there was a pretty big gamble to blindly hugging me while having as little information as was available on Day 1. 
  • @Coraline saying that your role requires there to be a vanilla townparrot is somewhat unusual. I can think of very few roles that require it, with the most obvious to jump to mind being some sort of vanilla cop - not a role that would want to be claiming such an unusual requirement publicly without having used their power first.

Vote Coraline

I think that your half-claim makes no sense if you are town aligned. If I am wrong then I do apologise, and I am willing to withdraw this vote if more evidence is presented.
  • I'm a conure and my power is to EYE X at the beginning of the night to figure out if a parrot is a vanilla parrot (pretty parrot + no power). I looked at Mysrai last night and Mysrai was not a vanilla parrot (although they kind of confirmed it when they said they visited Zitto). 

I can use this power every night and if the subject has used up their powers prior, they show up as vanilla. If they become a vanilla parrot at the middle of the night, I'll still notice them as not being one, because I use my power at the beginning of the night.

Didn't reveal this earlier because it wasn't really conclusive, and Mysrai already confirmed that they are not a vanilla parrot. 
  • That's theoretically plausible, though odd...my pretty parrot power is limited. Although, assuming everybody is telling the truth so far:
    • Carakhan, Mysrai, and one other visited Zitto
    • Zitto visited Carakhan
    • Coraline visited Mysrai
    • Somebody nice visited me
    • Somebody not-so-nice visited Luce
    That's 7 parrots either claiming or demonstrating powers so far, so seems like the odds of a generic parrot are very low
  • I'm a little surprised to hear that Coraline's power is unlimited, given that mine was a one-shot, but it doesn't seem implausible.

I'm happy to unvote for now

I'd like to hear more from @Shaddus and I would also be interested in hearing more about @Zitto's screaming, if he's willing to share. Because I think last night's list of actions might look closer to
    • Carakhan, Mysrai, and one other visited Zitto
    • Zitto and one other visited Carakhan
    • Coraline visited Mysrai
    • Somebody nice visited Thax
    • Somebody not-so-nice visited Luce
    But if it was just Zitto visiting me last night, that would be very useful for me to know.

It helps that we know that Luce didn't visit anyone last night.
  • My scream  prevented you from being eliminated in the night. One charge, so I'm dry now, and unfortunately I chose the wrong target. That said, I feel strongly that @Mysrai is town, though I am going to remain mysterious about what the power did. I did not see the effects of the other person targeting me, so I have to assume it was non-hostile.

Coraline was my person of interest because low-information posting makes me suspicious, but her power does sound legitimate to me. My other person of interest is Shaddus, who has also been relatively quiet, and who's voting pattern seems suspiciously non-suspicious to me: Shaddus locked in a vote for Thax early on when we fun-voting people, but never unvoted or changed targets once we got serious (Good job on Merlose by the way, everybody!). This strikes me as trying hard to not to look too aggressive and seems scummy to me. Also, one of the few players that is not accounted for in the night actions. On that basis,

VOTE SHADDUS
    edited July 2020

VOTES
    Coraline 1-Luce
    Shaddus 1-Zitto

Edit: Missed a vote, fixed.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I need to verify something before I start to comment, but I'm here!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Given that we have about 9 hours left I'll go ahead and join Zitto

vote: Shaddus
  • Vote Shaddus

I'll be watching this thread occasionally and I'd be happy to unvote if he comes up with a good enough explanation
  • Also, since I revealed my role and power, if there's anyone the pretty parrots want me to check out tonight, let me know! Otherwise I'll just go with what I feel