These are largely pillaged from old mafia games, with some additions. I gleefully stole them from players past (Sylandra, mostly, but I dunno if she originated the list) and take minimal credit. Note that our night phases are longer than in some past games.
the basic rules: The town wants to eliminate all scum players. The scum
players want to eliminate other players until they have half of the votes.
Phases alternate between day and night. Players can vote one player out
of the game each day, or vote not to eliminate anyone. Players use
powers are night, and those powers include the scum being able to eliminate
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. VOTE Portius)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM.
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will
end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory
12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.