Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Daraius said:
    Mariel said:
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have
    advanced to level 78.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Transmortal.

I have no idea how people get significantly farther than this.
    Aetherhunting.
    That was from an aetherhunt, but even that was quite slow. I know, I know, all the level 100's can, will, and have the right to grouse about how I'm just bitching and moaning and haven't seen anything yet.
    Sitting and getting xp really slowly just isn't my thing, I guess. And I'm a human with a harmony blessing; I couldn't imagine it without the significant xp boost that already gets me.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Where do you hunt? Or do you prefer to influence?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• 9 time out of 10 my connection is really unstable, and I've learned through repeated lag deaths to play it safe. I hunt the elemental planes usually, and if things are looking good (read: fast and reliable) I'll go tear up the Moors. But that happens maybe once a week at most.
  • Mariel said:

9 time out of 10 my connection is really unstable, and I've learned through repeated lag deaths to play it safe. I hunt the elemental planes usually, and if things are looking good (read: fast and reliable) I'll go tear up the Moors. But that happens maybe once a week at most.

Set up the server side sipping and start influencing guards. Try to find other things you can influence without fear of losing. With the server side sipping, if you dc, you'll time out before you get broken.
  • I'd happily do that if 1.) I wanted to to RP Mariel as an influencer, 2). I had any knowledge of (that is, any lessons put into) Influence at all on her.

This comes off as really snarky and dismissive, but I appreciate the advice!
  • You could probably do the same with bashing by making use of the serverside sipping and stratagems (assuming you've learned that much combat).
  • edited September 2013
    We'll see how my bardic submission does. Right now transing Forging is a priority, since I'm liking the RP of 'grouchy blacksmith'. Thing is, there's only so many (non-master) swords, suits of scale armor, mini-axes, and bludgeons I can find a practical use for.

If I do really well I'll sink any surplus lessons into Combat to get Stratagems and then look into this further.

I've already trans'd Pureblade, so my offense (as far as bashing goes) is about as good as it's ever gonna be.

Also, I have no clue what this server-side sipping is. I mean, I understand what "server-side sipping" means, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to set it up.

@Morkarion below, Exactly!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Then your issue is less in game capacity and more that you have a terrible internet connection that doesn't let you risk much more than the Grey Moors.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Check out AB DISCIPLINE CURING.
  • Ooh, fancy. I'll have to set aside some lessons for that.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You get a full refund on the lessons needed to learn it (only 25) the first time you use it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited September 2013
    I apologize to those I vented to this evening. I think I've discovered that my current installation, setup, and system pretty much freeze up when too many things happen at once, and that's frustrating enough. But I also got really frustrated with what I perceived as BS, and let that get to me. So, sorry for being a little rude.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ar
    Everiine said:

I apologize to those I vented to this evening. I think I've discovered that my current installation, setup, and system pretty much freeze up when too many things happen at once, and that's frustrating enough. But I also got really frustrated with what I perceived as BS, and let that get to me. So, sorry for being a little rude.

Are you on mush or mudlet?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Shaddus said:
    Ar
    MUSH through Wine. Hadn't really been in a battle since switching over to Linux full-time, and turns out that's a crappy combination. But I can't afford Vadi's system for Mudlet, so I'm stuck where I am for now.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:

Shaddus said:

Ar
    Everiine said:

MUSH through Wine. Hadn't really been in a battle since switching over to Linux full-time, and turns out that's a crappy combination. But I can't afford Vadi's system for Mudlet, so I'm stuck where I am for now.

/plots
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Marcella said:
    It seems to me like Zouviqil has some kind of habit of liking *every post in the forums*. It's somewhat intriguing. <.< >.>
    I wish.  I would have ever so many likes. :(
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Xenthos said:
    Marcella said:
    It seems to me like Zouviqil has some kind of habit of liking *every post in the forums*. It's somewhat intriguing. <.< >.>
    I wish.  I would have ever so many likes. :(
    Operation Like Xenthos initiated. Starting: Now.
    :o
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If you like everything, you like nothing.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    If you like everything, you like nothing.
    No more likes for you! All the likes you would get are now on their merry way to Xenthos.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I dare you not to like my cakes! But I agree Xenthos is like-starved, so I will charitably donate them.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Xenthos is unlikeable (though, my phone now autocorrects to his name...)
    Clearly your phone likes me.
  • Daraius said:
    Mariel said:
    advanced to level 78.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Transmortal.

I have no idea how people get significantly farther than this.
    Aetherhunting.

advanced to level 79.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Metamortal.

Evidently.
    Dear reviewers;

I have four designs up. If you have time to reject two of them, you have time to accept the other two.
  • How do you tell if the balloon to lirangsha is broken? For the past couple days the chart hasn't been there, but sepehr still looks at it in his emote.

I'm trying to be patient but turn bowl/pull bags ad infinitum is getting ridiculous.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    If you are doing it for an hour+, it is definitely broken.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Riluna said:
    How do you tell if the balloon to lirangsha is broken? For the past couple days the chart hasn't been there, but sepehr still looks at it in his emote.

I'm trying to be patient but turn bowl/pull bags ad infinitum is getting ridiculous.
    I believe it shouldn't last longer than a minute. I have a bug up for it that's been waiting for a while... but it's still borked.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • A minute sounds a bit short... I'd say it's closer to five. But yeah, definitely not an hour. Or even half an hour.
This discussion has been closed.