Perceptions of Characters: Forums reloaded

Comments

• Everiine is a MAN... ehem. Everiine in recent memory has been that odd old Trill who shows up with his dog and loiters at the Matrix, no longer the eternal fixture of the Serenguard and Moonhart Circle Mael had considered him, but now an old man creaking under his old age. Which does evoke a bit of pity from Mael, particularly that one could show their age so quickly and still not wish to enjoy the finer distractions in life. Though he also evokes a bit of fear, as Ev now serves as a glimpse into what real old age holds, the creeping influence and forgetfulness of which Mael dreads.

Tacita is always a joy for Mael to run into, even in passing through the aetherplex or a revolt, ever polite and accommodating to her somewhat estranged uncle. Though of late he's been rather concerned over her state in the wake of the Xynthin nonsense, particularly given her relative silence and stepping down as Regent [which he'd rather thought she was, from an external perspective, handling very well]. All in all, he rather hopes to get to speak with her more often and offer more familial support where possible.

Eliron is a lazy git of a brother who needs to hide less in his office and finish his bloody designs, never getting anything done unless he can make a show of it or hassle his dear, sweet, long suffering older brother. Or blame him for something catching fire. Or stealing a tent. You know what you did with those hats, poor wakabis [ <3 ]

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Though Maellio and Zyphora got off to a bad start when Maellio barged in on Zyphora's intimate conversation with Irillia at the theatre, Zyphora warmed up to him months afterward with their whimsical conversation on the hoop snake only Zyphora could see.

She perceives him as a quirky, intellectual, obliquely wise elder, as well as an intensely useful Collectivist, being one of those elusive bookbinders. She respects that he appreciates the arts as a patron of the art auction and a contributing poet to Hallifax's published Divine Compendium, in addition to being a scientist of the Institute. She simply likes him, and wishes she could converse more with him, but she is busy or tired much of the time.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Maellio said:
    Which does evoke a bit of pity from Mael, particularly that one could show their age so quickly and still not wish to enjoy the finer distractions in life.
    You're just mad Ev won't play Mael in chess :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Maellio said:
    Which does evoke a bit of pity from Mael, particularly that one could show their age so quickly and still not wish to enjoy the finer distractions in life.
    And you're lucky I can't both agree and flag as offtopic... MOVING ALONG

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Everiine said:
    Maellio said:
    You know, every time you say 'Ev' I think 'Eventru'. :(

We're going to need you to change your name.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited December 2012
    I agree. Everiine for Serenwilde TA 2013!
    Eventru said:
    You know, every time you say 'Ev' I think 'Eventru'. :(

We're going to need you to change your name.
    I had it first! :P

Anywho,

Everiine treats Eventru the same as he treats the other Elder Gods. Ev would never speak out against Him and chastises others who do not show the same respect for the Elder Gods. He has at times known Eventru to be true and a wise God; there have been times when Eventru has earned more respect from Everiine than other Elder Gods, but Ev can't help but notice that everything Everiine dislikes about New Celest is present in Eventru. Ev thinks the Exalted Lord can be pompous, flashy, self-centered, flamboyant, blinding, ignorant, childish, and loud, but thankfully not all at once. Would he ever move to New Celest, Eventru would be the God he chose to follow, but the person Everiine is now wouldn't allow it.

Rivius! Oh what can Everiine say about Rivius. It is rare to see a student rise to become the master. Everiine recognized early on that Rivius was something special. Rivius doggedly pursued the goals put ahead of him, yet always did so with humility. Ev had to practically force him to take up new and higher posts, but Ev always knew that Riv could handle it. Ev saw in Riv a kindred spirit, someone who fought for his people not for fame or glory or honour, but because it was the right thing to do--and in return, Riv has indeed received fame, glory and honour. Riv is secretly one of Ev's favorite Serenguard because, even though he's aged now and is perhaps a bit more cynical, Riv never succumbed to the spirit of skepticism that plagues the Seren.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Rivius said:
    I agree. Everiine for Serenwilde TA 2013!

Aw shucks, well since you did mine...

To Rivius, Everiine is indeed the wisest Serenguard he knows and he represents to him what it truly means to follow the path of Brother Eagle. Rivius sees Everiine as the go-to guy for any objective advice on just about anything that matters, especially things that pertain to the tribe. Everiine's broad and intimate knowledge of history makes him the target of many "tell me a story by the campfire" requests, which many Serenguard have commented over the years puts a nice warm feeling inside. Everiine's desire to stick to tradition and what it means to be a Serenguard has rubbed off a bit on Rivius and he always goes to him to ask his opinion on how to approach certain reforms, rules or regulations. Rivius views Everiine as a gem to the tribe and will always look up to and appreciate him and hopes Everiine will be around for many more centuries to come to share his wisdom with the new generation and help guide the direction of the tribe.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    A rare and ever elusive Serenguard broment!

Maybe I'll join in next time, but not this one. Good to see Everiine lurking about still though.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Posting on the forums is scary, but I couldn't pass up on the Serenguard love, so here goes:

Ceana really looks up to Everiine, and having taken up a post that she knows Everiine used to hold and has great expectations of, was quite scared to fill his large shoes in that respect. Ceana was still quite young when Everiine became more scarce, so most of what she knows about him is through the few interactions they have had and hearing about him from other Serens. Needless to say, Ceana is a bit sad that he no longer wakes much anymore and wishes she could have been around when he was telling stories around the campfire. She truly believes that should Everiine not wake anymore, a piece of the Serenguard lore may be lost forever.

Rivius is one of Ceana's favourite people and is like a second father to her. Her fondest memories of childhood were the ones where Rivius took her and other young Serenguards on long hunting trips - trips where little Ceana couldn't keep up very well, being such a slow bear. Rivius is the type of leader that Ceana would follow anywhere without question - he mentors and advises everyone who needs it, he isn't subject to temperamental tantrums or reckless judgements, and most importantly, has always done everything in his power to grow the tribe and forest. It's no surprise that Ceana aspires to be like Rivius one day.

Turnus is a gruffy old wolf. Ceana used to be intimidated by him as well, until she learnt that he is really like a grouchy old grandpa who is grumpy out of habit more than any ill will. In Ceana's mind, Turnus is one of the best leaders behind the scenes - not in the sense that he leads a group into battle, but that he asks for everyone's opinions and listens patiently to every crazy idea and plan.
  • Ceana! An unusually loud Serenguard that Iytha occasionally finds herself fighting during Domoths. Painful, yet delightfully squashy if beckoned. Makes animal noises when moving.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said:

she is not for hire--she doesn't sell herself out to the city or forest that will giver her the most benefit and the most blood

You obviously weren't paying attention when she betrayed Magnagora.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Vaguely remember it, but in Ev's mind, that was more a temporary lapse.

Ceana: Cool and collected in conversation, Ceana takes her role as Chieftess seriously. She was another one that had to be convinced to take the post, which says a lot to Ev. Ev sees her as the level-headed one, whether that's true or not. He had no issues having her step into his favorite Chief post and was one of the first Chieftains he'd go to when he needed advice and opinions from the Circle because of her perspective.

Turnus: The only person Everiine regularly calls "old friend." No one, save Iasmos, has been a fixture in Ev's life as long as Turnus has. They have seen war together, peace together, devastation and renewal. Though they can't officially be brothers, Turnus is the best brother Ev has ever had. He can easily imagine the two of them sitting around a hunting campfire and having a conversation without ever uttering a word. Ev must have gotten some of his gruffness from Turnus, which is not surprising, since Turnus exudes it constantly. He is the mellowest of the mellow, the grumpiest of the grumpy, but not without his soft spots. Turnus is THE constant Serenguard for Ev. If only he would get off his scruffy tail more often.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh god, the Serens have taken over my thread.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I think they're cute.  :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Qistrel respects Everiine a lot, and will always remember his help with working out parts of the Hartstone's history, during a time when all the older druids had vanished and everyone kept asking her questions. She's a bit sad at how he's showing his age, which she find odd as she had been thinking that fated people don't age, or do so really really slowly.And she can't work out why a trill would take the name of Silverwolf, when Seren trill families historically had names more like 'Rainsong'.

Celina said:
    Oh god, the Serens have taken over my thread.

:P It's our turn!

Qistrel: Ev loves that there is someone else interested in Serenwilde history! He doesn't know Qistrel too well personally, but the mere fact that she is a historian makes her one of the Seren Ev would like to spend more time around. Also, he is intrigued by the title of Archdruid.

• Llesvelt just thinks of Everiine as a race traitor, and switches between absolutely detesting him for having fallen to the sway of a quasi-civilization and admiring his progress within this barbarian enclave and desperately wanting him to "return" to his "proper" home.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Zyphora is secretly impressed and rather intrigued by Llesvelt's opinionated views of other races. That first, though brief, conversation with him created a powerful impression in her head. She has never met someone so controversial and Collectivist at the same time.

• Zyphora, being a Trill (and much more importantly, one of the few wise enough to recognize the truth in his words) is of tremendous interest to Llesvelt. He sees in her a great opportunity to spread a more proper interpretation of Collectivist orthodoxy, especially seeing that she is a Windwhisper, which he understands to hold some amount of familial influence this day and age, not unlike his own family in the past.
  • Eventru is sick from all the mushy gushy in the thread.

And he hangs out with Raziela because she's better than prozac.
    edited December 2012
    I definitely have to do Ceana and Turnus:

Ceana:
    Rivius has known Ceana since she was a little bear cub, contemporary with some of his kids. He recalls how quiet and shy she was though always putting herself out there alone, so he always invited her on those little group hunts. Ceana has grown from being that quiet little cub into an exemplary Serenguard, one that Rivius is incredibly proud of and admires greatly. She places no limits on herself and is in a sense a sort of renaissance warrior in that she tries to do everything and does so with excellence. Despite her talents and the amount of sweat and blood she puts in to everything, she is also extremely quiet, humble and calm and is always very warm and helpful. To Rivius, Ceana represents a lot of what it means to be a Serenguard and she will always be one of the people he's fondest of having met in Serenwilde. He feels that she has so much untapped potential and little has made him happier over the years than to see her blossom.

Turnus:
    When Rivius first met Turnus he was very intimidated by him since he came off as a bit of a gruff grouch. He still made prods and pokes at trying to befriend him, since at the time Rivius was still very young, there were no loboshigaru in the forest and he wanted an older loboshigaru to look up to. As time went on, Turnus seemed to open up more and he and Rivius developed an understanding that eventually became something of a brotherhood. Where Rivius was once afraid to even approach the old grouch, Turnus is now viewed as a very close friend. He is very frank and open about the way he feels about things and as a leader always has looked for our opinions on matters. Turnus is very dedicated to the Serenguard and has over the years worked extremely hard in the name of duty. Rivius considers him a great friend and very respectable leader who is a bit rough around the edges, but in a very endearing way.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Qistrel met a lot of loboshigaru she didn't like. They all seemed to be stupid, annoying, or constantly in a bad mood. She was beginning to think that the entire race was a waste of fur.

Then she met Rivius. He changed her mind.

The End.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Celina thinks that if you stuck a lightning bug in a nuclear reactor, @Eventru would be the result.
  • Figured I'd contribute regarding the people I've interacted with some since coming back >.>

Ceana has become Laysus' go-to person when he needs to find something out or get something done, because she's usually helpful and seems to know a lot. Jury is still out, admittedly, as he's slow to trust, but he thinks she shows promise :P

Qistrel is, in his eyes, a bit odd. Helpful and stuff, but with a weird beetle fixation. He considers her heart to be in the right place though >.>
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
    Ev hasn't had too much interaction with Laysus outside of business. He remembers sitting on the Moonhart Council with Laysus and always found him to be a hardliner, which annoyed Ev at the time. However, he has respect for Laysus because like Ev, he's a long-standing leader in his guild and has earned the respect of his guildmates.

• Laysus has a fair amount of respect for Everiine, as he's arguably the most effectual Serenguard GM, and even if he is a bit soft for Laysus' tastes, he gets things done and he's obviously committed to the commune.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • I'm going to do Eventru cause he posted here and now he deserves my wrath.

From what I remember Fania didn't like Lord Eventru when He first came around. There was a lot of little things that he did that she didn't agree with. I wont say that she was right or wrong for this, because in a few cases she might not have known all of the fact. I will say that Fania has not only grown to love Lord Eventru, but also to respect Him despite his ego. :P

Eventru has done a ton for the Dekoven family and the Aquamancers. Fania greatly respects Him for this. 

Some things she'll always remember:

The way Lord Eventru would react every time Casilu would tell a joke on the city aethers.

Lord Eventru fixing her up with some ugly NPC (whose name I've long since forgotten)... and subsequently being attacked and almost killed by this person. She should have known better than to talk to Lord Eventru without her defences up (and me with my system off). 

The infamous nude painting of Lord Eventru. I believe it was Pectus who had this one. After viewing this Lord Eventru threw Fania, Pectus, Learyn sp?  and Reiha (maybe someone else) up on a remote region of Astral. Then he brought city enemies to court us. I believe Fania got fixed up with Revan. A match made in Nil. Logs for this were on the old forums.

The meeting with the Shadow Court... two days of borinnnngggg but Eventru's jokes were fun.

There were lots of other times where Lord Eventru made things a lot more fun. Fania might not always agree with Him, but there is no doubt in her mind that He is awesome. 

:x
  • Hmm... @Fania... Morshoth knows very little of her, aside from the fact that she is marrying one of his citymates, and that they keep pushing the wedding back.

He questions whether or not the bride is getting cold feet (even if OOC I know that's not true).

He hasn't dealt with her much, but he sees her name a lot when it comes to Celest, so he respects that, and knows that if he has heard of her, then she has to be doing something right (or really wrong, but he doubts that).

That matchmaking on Astral sure sounds interesting though!