Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• It was a really fun discussion. Which made me think. On one hand you have overpopulating bugs that spread out to subjugate everything. On the other hand you have allconsuming purplish snake-vampires that can and will eat your face off. Both breed in a truly *weird* manner.

Together... well.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Alary said:
    You sling a cen rune and an othala rune at Elanorwen and they go flying off to the north.
    You feel the threads of Fate tighten around Elanorwen's soul and end the poor fool's life just as you have prophesied. ~~~ DEATHPROPHESY SUCCEEDED ~~~ 
    You have slain Elanorwen.
    Your karma falls in response to your deeds.

First combat kill with it. Gonna try and gank me when I'm hunting, well, I'm going to fight back.
    Ehem, also, thanks for the help to Aiyana and Feyda :> Group effort!
    Right, right... this is exactly the place for posts like these. Never mind getting lucky to get repeat runes in death prophesy. Congratulations.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Come on, leave the snark out of your tone. You jumped her, she got lucky and managed to kill you. It happens, just smile and nod.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Also you never forget pulling off certain kill types. Like if I ever get a disembowel... Heh who am I kidding.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    Also you never forget pulling off certain kill types. Like if I ever get a disembowel... Heh who am I kidding.
    Have done... you don't see me posting and bragging about it, though. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:

Morkarion said:

Also you never forget pulling off certain kill types.

Like if I ever get a disembowel... Heh who am I kidding.

We brag about things we've done that we're proud of. Alary is proud that she managed to kill you. Just saying :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Munsia said:
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    We brag about things we've done that we're proud of. Alary is proud that she managed to kill you. Just saying :D
    Let's just remember that it's not the proud of Killing Elanorwen part I think. It's the fact she pulled off one of the more annoying kills in the game to manage
    Being that death prophesy can bug out and give you 3 cens in a row at the end? Yeah, just keep trying, you'll get lucky eventually and just have to double-sling cen + othala to kill someone at the end. ;)

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Let's just remember that it's not the proud of Killing Elanorwen part I think. It's the fact she pulled off one of the more annoying kills in the game to manage
    Being that death prophesy can bug out and give you 3 cens in a row at the end? Yeah, just keep trying, you'll get lucky eventually and just have to double-sling cen + othala to kill someone at the end. ;)
    Wouldn't say that's a bug. I'm amused she killed you, so don't think I'm siding with you. 
    Munsia said:
    Wouldn't say that's a bug. I'm amused she killed you, so don't think I'm siding with you. 
    Interesting way of not bugging out. Next week on the "Things That Are Not Bugs" show: 2-second decapitates! ;)

Anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself. It really always warms my heart to hear that you're happy.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    Interesting way of not bugging out. Next week on the "Things That Are Not Bugs" show: 2-second decapitates! ;)

Anyway, glad you're enjoying yourself. It really always warms my heart to hear that you're happy.
    We have a motto here in Lusternia.. 

"That's not a bug, that's a feature"
  • Zouviqil said:
    Another rave, going out to the nice peeps from Gaudi ( @Alary @Aiyana @Svana @Steingrim etc! )
    You're going to ruin my reputation as a grump.
    Elanorwen said:

Next week on the "Things That Are Not Bugs" show: 2-second decapitates! ;)

Do beheads count? Because I've had an instant behead on someone before.

Also if people feel really good about killing you specifically, it means you're doing something right, I get flattered now when people pull in numbers for me.

At the end of the day, you matter to someone. That's well worth raving about. I'd hate to be irrelevant, no matter how much the peace and quiet seems appealing at times.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

He has a point, @Elanorwen. It's not like Alary was crowing about killing Tridemon with the skill, or Dahnrio, or me.
    edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Next week on the "Things That Are Not Bugs" show: 2-second decapitates! ;)
    Do beheads count? Because I've had an instant behead on someone before. Also if people feel really good about killing you specifically, it means you're doing something right, I get flattered now when people pull in numbers for me. At the end of the day, you matter to someone. That's well worth raving about. I'd hate to be irrelevant, no matter how much the peace and quiet seems appealing at times.
    An instant behead -can- happen. Someone running around with wounds from a previous fight because they didn't check woundstatus and were pretty high up. I intentionally said 2-sec decap as it is an insta that is supposed to work in a certain fashion. It doesn't say anywhere in the skill AB how long the wind up to kill is, so why not 2-seconds? Not many people would be able to react in 2 seconds... other option will always be to just wait for someone to use an ability and hit decap, then kill them before they recover balance and can do anything about it.

Same way, it doesn't ever say in death prophesy that you'll be getting different runes along the way, it is rather just assumed, because if it kept asking you to sling cen at an enemy all the time, it would be one of those... "Ruh-roh, they started prophesy, time to run" skills.

EDIT: Anyway, I think that's enough topic derailing, so I might as well stop here.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    crowing about killing Tridemon

If someone is doing this, they must be new to pvp(auto-corrected to pcp, heh) or it was an accident.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I feel like I ought to be offended by this conversation, but at the same time, I can't really argue with facts...
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Credit where it's due, you're always willing to give it a go, I think because :mage: people go for you first always expecting the meld, even though you've been aquachem for a while (which you really do need to drop) so you get targeted first quite often because no one likes fighting in enemy meld.

Also you don't die as often as you use to, you tend to last a few rounds these days or you notice when shit is about to hit the fan and get out of dodge. 

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Morkarion said:
    I got one once!!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Tridemon said:
    I feel like I ought to be offended by this conversation, but at the same time, I can't really argue with facts...
    Also, for the love of (Valtreth), put up deafness.

Not hearing enemies song in a fight >>>>>> hearing your allies song in a fight
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Rivius said:
    Morkarion said:
    I got one once!!
    Disembowels are so rewarding to get!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    All night long.
    Lies!

Everyone I ever try to disembowel bleeds out first :(

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Epic hunting trip with @Morkarion. Glad to finally be able to play support in this game properly, even if just for NPC-bashing.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    First fight in 3 months for me!

Everything was scrolling so fast. I had quite a few broken aliases as I just panic-typed them and kept failing.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
This discussion has been closed.