General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• 45 minute commute turned into 4 hour commute. Yay snow.
  • Tavon said:
    45 minute commute turned into 4 hour commute. Yay snow.
    Took me an hour to go 2.5 miles, because there was an accident on the only reasonable street to get home  :-L 

Its ok though, I turned the day around with a delicious cheeseburger within walking distance of home once I made it :D
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    11 inches of snow outside, and we're getting 10 more on Monday. Oh, and it's not going to be warm enough to melt the snow from now till then, too. Here's to hoping for the best and hating this weather forever.

For all who may go "but my city/town/village has had ____ feet of snow!", this is NYC. We don't get lots of snow. When we do, stuff stops working. Like our transit system. Ah well...
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    But my town has had only two inches of snow! Moar plz.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • What is this thing you call snow? I want to see it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I'm having more of an issue with it being 5°F, excluding the windchill. At least that snow was light and easy to move.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I wish the temperature here was 5. We were at -8 when I was heading to work. Grr.

No snow, it was apparently reserved for you southern folk.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I will never understand people who leave a social circle, badmouth it publicly, and attempt to cling on to relevancy within it and think their opinion has weight within the group.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I feel bad for all of you guys in the northeast stuck with snow.

I was driving around Vegas with my windows down yesterday...bitching about the A/C being broken in my car.  :p

My rant would be about having acute otitis externa(Swimmer's ear).    Antibiotics should work faster.

Stangmar - Retired

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

We have 6 inches here in the DC aread. It was like 10 degrees this morning. It was negative 15 with the windchill during that polar vortex thing. I'm sorry, I'm fromt Texas and it this just doesn't work for me.

• The jerk in me wishes I'd taken some pictures of the scenic desert drive I took returning home from Vegas yesterday afternoon, just to post in this thread :P
    Stangmar - Retired

• I slept on my hand funny, apparantly, and my left pointer finger hurts D: right at the knuckle
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Woke up with a very sensitive and painful right big toe. I first thought I stubbed it in my sleep, but it seems to be inflammation. Not sure why, toe nails are well taken care of. I clipped them a bit more and poked about the nail, cringing all the while, but didn't find a cause. This sucks because I kept having pain burst shoot up my leg while driving, and it might ruin yoga class for me tonight. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Bathe it in warm salt water, if there's any infection, it's pretty good at drawing it out.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Go to your supermarket, buy some "Epsom Salts" (generally found in the bathing or body care section of the supermarket), put some in REALLY hot water, following the directions on the packet (just below uncomfortably hot), soak your foot in the water for as long as you feel you need to, generally the longer, the better.

My family has been using the stuff for YEARS and it works wonders on most injuries.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Thanks, but it seems to be clearing up now, maybe cutting the nail did it after all. Was planning to give it a hot soak before yoga otherwise. May very well still do that, just to be sure. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Also, the shape that you cut the nail is important. A lot of people(including myself previously) round it like a fingernail.   That causes inflammation.  It should be left square.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Also be VERY careful not to trim the nail wall (side) - this can (and possibly will) cause it to cut and dig into the toe itself and potentially become an ingrown toenail (which can be very unpleasant and require medical treatment to correct)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • My coworkers kids are 7, 10, and 12. She likes to bring them to work with her on occasion.

Little bags of germs got me sick. ;_;

• Kagato said:
    Also be VERY careful not to trim the nail wall (side) - this can (and possibly will) cause it to cut and dig into the toe itself and potentially become an ingrown toenail (which can be very unpleasant and require medical treatment to correct)
    I have been doing it wrong, then. I have had a nail splinter grow into my toe before, and had to have that removed, luckily pedicure could fix it but it HURT none the less. Well, up until the yanking out, moments later my toe was all "we're good now" and felt brilliant. Scumbag body ;(

Toe seems to be fine now, went to yoga class and it didn't hinder me. Will pamper it a bit more, then cut nails better from now on.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's too cold in my gameroom for my treadmill to function, but too cold outside for my body to function. Cardio is hard.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Yanking out the offending fragment (usually splintered off from the nail) is a temporary at best solution.

YMMV on the length of time it'll be good for.

• Daraius said:
    It's too cold in my gameroom for my treadmill to function, but too cold outside for my body to function. Cardio is hard.
    Lift weights! http://stronglifts.com/ :D
  • Daraius said:
    Unless there is ice or snow outside, there is no too cold to run outside. The cold crisp air is actually really good for your lungs, plus it will boost your immune system. I wear a pair of tights under my running pants, and a raincoat which 'breathes' enough not to trap the sweat inside. Under that I have a jacket and a t-shirt. If it is really cold, gloves and a hat are recommended, possibly a scarf too. And you can wear double layer of socks if need be. So yeah, so long as there is no danger of slipping and falling, you can totally run. Besides, you will warm up soon enough, and then when you head back indoors you will have that pleasant warm rush feeling. 
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    A neighbor spilled their coffee in the hallway. Now the floor in the hallway is frozen and smells delicious.
  • Rialorm said:
    Daraius said:
    Unless there is ice or snow outside, there is no too cold to run outside. The cold crisp air is actually really good for your lungs, plus it will boost your immune system. I wear a pair of tights under my running pants, and a raincoat which 'breathes' enough not to trap the sweat inside. Under that I have a jacket and a t-shirt. If it is really cold, gloves and a hat are recommended, possibly a scarf too. And you can wear double layer of socks if need be. So yeah, so long as there is no danger of slipping and falling, you can totally run. Besides, you will warm up soon enough, and then when you head back indoors you will have that pleasant warm rush feeling. 
    The oatmeal adequately expresses my opinion on the matter:

• My power fan died the other day. Set me back 80$ to get it fixed. But, on the upside, I caught it before my laptop burst into flames and set my lap on fire.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    My laptop is currently, as far as I know, stuck in Anchorage, Alaska, when it should have been here just over 4 hours ago.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • The barfing has stopped, though the fever and soreness remains.

c_c hnngh

• I hate apartment searching, but at least my job search is over.   I think I've found a promising lead on an apartment 3 blocks from my work in Summerlin.  I start my job on Tuesday.......not stressed out at all.....
    Stangmar - Retired