General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Celina said:
    Going to be hard to call me anything curled up in the fetal position wondering if you are going to vomit up your testicles or not.
    This is brutal :<

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Celina said:

Going to be hard to call me anything curled up in the fetal position wondering if you are going to vomit up your testicles or not.

Awww, don't be like that, Katy! *fleeeeee!*

Seriously though, I know what that is like all too well. x.x'' had a customer at one of my old jobs that kept calling me Gary. MY. NAME. IS. GLEN!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited January 2014
    Dys said:
    The IT refresh at work is delayed to May. Four more months of Windows XP, IE6 and Office 2003. :((
    HOLY ******.   I didn't think XP was still in use in any enterprise setting.

I got off lucky at my new job.  We haven't had the misfortune yet of being upgraded from 7 to 8(and it damn well better stay that way).  But the IT guy that set up my new computer set the theme to Windows Classic(think Windows 95 style....ugh).  I immediately broke the rule about changing settings and put it to aero.  Unfortunately we're stuck with Internet Exploder, can't do much about that.

As far as the whether goes...we had a snowstorm cripple us in St. George, UT in December..........aaaaand I live in Las Vegas now :D
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I finally get a day at home on my own for a few hours (first in 18 months) and people unexpectedly come to give me quotes on things and take forever and make my coffee cold. Grrr.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Both an indirect rave, but also a dissatisfaction. In order to get both a new driver's license (I moved to a new state) and open an account at a credit union, I need proof of residency. I don't have a rent bill, a mortgage bill, a phone bill, a heating bill, an electric bill, or a water bill. I don't have an employee document explaining where I live and why I live there (though we're trying to see if we can whip one up and have the CU and DMV accept it). I DO have a cable bill--but because I signed up a week ago, a paper bill hasn't been printed and there isn't even a bill online yet, so it doesn't help me.

The good thing is that I don't have any of those bills. The bad news is that I can't prove I live where I live.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I had a similar problem with college tuition costs. I had been living here for over a year when I applied, but could only prove it back about six months, so I had to pay out of state tuition.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ...the middle click feature on my mouse has died. I suddenly don't know how to do anything right.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What did you use middle clicking for before?
    Opening new tabs in Firefox is what I use it for.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2014
    Also, after scrolling quite a ways up in Mudlet, quick jump back to the bottom.

Plus the click to quick scroll thing, I don't deal with that basic wheeling up and down.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Stangmar said:
    Developer for automotive software here. Many of our clients still run XP, and we have a load who keep swearing by DOS. We're making a bold move with developing the new version of our software (which I work on) in  the latest version of .NET, after management suddenly said we can totally drop XP support as Microsoft no longer will support it either. This has made my team very happy, as we get to play with all the new toys and make shiny things. But yes, talking some clients into upgrading will be fun, haha. Especially as the DOS people are those who never wanted XP, and now they'd need Win 7 or 8. On that note, Win 8 is alright once you get to know it, but I'd never willingly upgrade from 7 to it. 

Enyalida said:
    What did you use middle clicking for before?
    Can also use middle click on browser tabs to close them. It is an open / close button depending on context in a lot of software.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Stangmar said:

Dys said:

The IT refresh at work is delayed to May. Four more months of Windows XP, IE6 and Office 2003. :((

I don't work in an enterprise setting. I work for the British government. :/

My office computer has XP. I am waiting to see if they are going to buy me a new computer so I can give the old one to the secretary (who doesn't have one in her office), or I am bringing in an old compy to give to her. Either way, once I know... I may be switching my office computer to Linux.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    If that was an actual joke, it would be really funny.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    I wish the little 80+ year old British man was joking around. But no. No he's quite sincere in this. I may start losing hair soon too.
    edited January 2014
    Zouviqil said:
    My HTML professor is a joke.

I signed up for a class in HTML at my college because it's a computer science course, and many jobs are happy to see you have ___ number of credits in computer science. I already am very proficient with HTML5, CSS3, and somewhat with Javascript.

So my professor, first day, announces we will be using Alleycode to program HTML4.1. Grimace-worthy enough, but alright, I can deal with it. I wait for him to start teaching us about things like the header and body tags, these are basic. He decides we should jump right into making a site, which is still fine for me, but my classmates at this point are uncomfortable.

He pumps out a mess of unusable code, and fails to figure out how to save the code. He hits the open button and announces he cannot figure out why it won't save. One of my equally inept classmates suggests he should empty the trashbin, as it may save then. So what does my professor do?

He gets up, goes to the ACTUAL GARBAGE CAN in the class room, TAKES IT, and WALKS OUT. Five minutes later, he returns with an empty garbage can and goes, "So did it save yet?"

Then he, last class, tried to put 1200px sum width of content into a container of 800px width and told us that the code was "just acting up a little" and "being downright silly."

I think I've lost 200+ braincells each class thus far.
    If he is not joking around, I'd be going to the course administrator and demanding a refund.

Heck, if I lived in the area I'd go to the college and offer my services - I don't have any paper qualifications but I could teach a heck of a lot more accurately and efficiently than this guy apparently can

• I've forgotten a lot of html, but my dad and I self-taught ourselves how to program in HTML about 10-12 years ago.  I'm sure either of us could teach it better than that guy.
    Stangmar - Retired

edited January 2014
    While at work, I just found a membership form for one Chris Hansen.  I don't know whether to be mildly amused or concerned.

(Seriously though, the kid is maybe 13 or 14 years old... then again it could all be a ploy! /tinfoilhat)

If the kid lived in America, he'd probably be up for a fair bit of heckling.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dad moved from the hospital to a care home a couple of weeks ago, the Court was fine with this.

Her solicitor was not, and apparently went to appeal to get the bail rescinded earlier this week (unbeknownst to Dad or his solicitor) which the Judge threw out. Dad was due in today for a bail hearing and set a court date for his plea bargain.

Also unknown to him or his solicitor, the Judge set this date at the hearing on Tuesday that her solicitor had for the appeal against bail. Turns out it was that solicitor's duty to notify my Dad's solicitor that the hearing today was then cancelled and the actual date of the court appearance.

He sent the letter not to my Dad's solicitor, but to my Dad in the care home, yesterday, by second class post.

For those of you who aren't aware of the British postal system, 2nd class is a cheaper stamp that takes 2-3 days to arrive.

So my Dad, my brother and his solicitor arrived at Court today, early for a 9am hearing only to be told they weren't needed. Plea date is set for the beginning of April with the trial due sometime as late as August.

If I weren't doped on painkillers after dentistry (3 injections and I still felt it on my nerve today, had to grin and bear the pain while she drilled, body started shaking involuntarily, joy) I'd be a lot angrier than I already am, and much like Dad's solicitor I'm pretty pissed off.

And to top off the day, my Stepdad was giving me his Mum's old mini fridge, which unlike mine has a freezer compartment. I gave mine to someone else as part of a whole circle of life esque swapping, only to find when the new fridge/freezer got to mine, it's an inch too wide and has nowhere to fit.

So I have no fridge, no freezer, a sore as f##k jaw and those aren't even remotely the reasons I feel like punching something today.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Eritheyl said:
    Also, after scrolling quite a ways up in Mudlet, quick jump back to the bottom.

Hit control and enter next time ;)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zouviqil said:
    Daraius said:
    I wish the little 80+ year old British man was joking around. But no. No he's quite sincere in this. I may start losing hair soon too.
    Yeah... complain to university administration. I remember my Comp Science teacher in High School... and the first day ever...

"Now we shall learn some very complicated terms, like: Turning a PC on and off." :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited February 2014
    On top of everything that has been going on the past  couple of weeks, I pulled a muscle in my left foot last night and was unable to get the night off work, my foot is throbbing like buggery, though there is no swelling, no bruising - all I want to do is sit down for 10 minutes and give my foot a chance to rest, but every time I go to sit down, I get another customer walking in or the phone rings or something else happens that causes me to have to walk, or rather LIMP around. >_<

• edited February 2014
    So all this time, I was hoping the rumors were true that Bryan Cranston would play Lex Luthor.

It seems instead of Heisenberg, we get Eisenberg.   SCREW THIS.    Oh, btw, they cast Jeremy Irons(Scar from Mufasa, Gruber from Die Hard 3, etc) as Alfred.
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Was anyone expecting this movie to be any good though?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Was anyone expecting this movie to be any good though?
    No.
    Stangmar - Retired

edited February 2014
    Stangmar said:
    Oh, btw, they cast Jeremy Irons(Scar from The Lion King, Gruber from Die Hard 3, etc) as Alfred.
    Fixed. >_>   He also played Profion in the comically bad Dungeons and Dragons movie (his acting is so hammy and overdone it is hilarious)  So if anything, it should at least be amusing.

• Kagato said:
    Stangmar said:
    Oh, btw, they cast Jeremy Irons(Scar from The Lion King, Gruber from Die Hard 3, etc) as Alfred.
    Fixed. >_>   He also played Profion in the comically bad Dungeons and Dragons movie (his acting is so hammy and overdone it is hilarious)  So if anything, it should at least be amusing.
    Thanks....I shouldn't post after a day of moving and car shopping.
    Stangmar - Retired