General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    They reneged on that, it stayed in thankfully.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    For the first time in my life I'm hoping the snow stays away from my area this time around. Valentine's Day is not a day you want to miss when you sell cupcakes!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Somebody gave me a fancy schmancy pumpkin cheesecake bar mix - which is basically just the sugar/spices and you add all the eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese.

I used vegetable cream cheese. Pumpkins are a vegetable right? And, some people like vegetable cream cheese on cinnamon raisin bagels, so clearly it must fundamentally work with sweet things...

...Right?

I have a sinking feeling I just wasted 3 of my fresh eggs. And my vegetable cream cheese. :(
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    I believe that answer can only be found after significant testing of your creation through a series of consumptions, possibly with appropriate alcoholic (or non alcoholic, ymmv) drink.

Should the results on initial testing prove that this is infact, delicious, conduct a series of further consumption experiments just to be sure....

For science, of course.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Is vegetable cream cheese not just regular cream cheese but with veggies in it? Or is it an actual vegan alternative and thus not dairy? If the latter, you might have issues if something in dairy is important for the food chemistry. If the former, you will just have more veggies than pumpkin in your cheesecake. Which may or may not work out well, but it should not be a disaster. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Talan said:
    Somebody gave me a fancy schmancy pumpkin cheesecake bar mix - which is basically just the sugar/spices and you add all the eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese.

I used vegetable cream cheese. Pumpkins are a vegetable right? And, some people like vegetable cream cheese on cinnamon raisin bagels, so clearly it must fundamentally work with sweet things...

...Right?

I have a sinking feeling I just wasted 3 of my fresh eggs. And my vegetable cream cheese. :(
    You're a horrible person for wasting that mix :(

Nah, it might work out. It'll taste a little funky, but pumpkin is a pretty strong taste and might cover it up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah, it definitely didn't work.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Talan said:

Tarkenton said:
    Perhaps.  But wrestling is THE olympic sport, as far as I'm concerned.
    I think you mean was. I am pretty sure it recently got Pluto'd.
    Too soon :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    So the winds clocked up to 85mph here last night, either the local council celebrated by redoing the streets with crazy paving, or that's a crap ton of roof tiles that need replacing.

Window stopped rattling around 4am, was utterly ridiculous.

• I hate snowstorms. I hate snowstorms because it makes my work day that much harder, and that much longer.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would prefer the snowstorms occur on days when I do not have plans that require driving. :(
  • Soooo muuuuuch snooooow.

I -just- had five days off of work due to bronchitis, I get to work for two days, then a snowstorm comes and buries my car up to the tops of the tires, and my neighborhood doesn't get plowed.

I just need to make some money D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Invest in a snow plough and charge people to clear their drives.

• You say that like I have enough disposable income to afford one while it's still snowy weather, or that my car could handle that sort of work. D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Make a trip to the animal shelter and invest in a makeshift sled. Mush! Mush!

Ps. I say this living in a place where the high today is like 65 F.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited February 2014
    Not how I wanted to spend my day, constant look over my 75 gallon fish tank because my tank heater decided to quit working sometime last night and this morning let it be known by shorting out and having this nice electrical glow inside of it -_-. Would think these things would have a life expectancy of longer than 2 months.

On this note, really pondering instead of getting a single 75 gallon tank heater, getting 2 55 gallon tank heaters instead.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Feeling like a battery that gets depleted before it is fully recharged again. I need a vacation, but I only recently took days off. Not sure why I am feeling this way. Roll on the weekend so I can see if this one fixes it.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Xenthos said:
    I would prefer the snowstorms occur on days when I do not have plans that require driving. :(
    I went outside and took a picture of my front yard, just for you.

Stangmar - Retired

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Today was absolute hell at work, with people wimping out and calling in leaving us in super-emergency mode. My boss shows up, demanding that we get an unreasonable amount of things done, which meant we had to basically skimp on basic care. Didn't help that they had me and a coworker working with residents we're unused to... luckily I knew 2/3rds of them (from a few months back), but my coworker had literally never met any of the people we were working with. Also didn't help that they didn't tell us how short we were going to be until 7, so we spent from 7-11:30 scrambling to catch up. And then I had to walk for 30 minutes up the side of a mountain with 5 inches of snow on the ground, and I walk fast - that was a pretty great time for the distance.

On the other hand, the walk was actually relativly enjoyable, even though security for the area I hve to walk through to get to my house stopped me to make sure I wasn't an axe murderer. The fullish moon lit the snow well, and I had a good time breathlessly singing.
  • Stangmar said:
    Xenthos said:
    I went outside and took a picture of my front yard, just for you.
    As someone who is really getting sick of the dreary grey weather and rain we have had all through winter, I hate you so much right now :P 
  • I think you'll be the one gloating in July though. :p
    Stangmar - Retired

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'd rather grass than...rocks?
  • The DMV in my area is horrible, so much so I wonder if it's actually part of a sociological experiment that we unwillingly participate in. The "best" parts include a rope maze at the beginning with signs that point in random directions(not necessarily down any of the maze paths) and that rarely seem to have any connection to what people come to the DMV to do, based on the level of confusion observed when people attempted to navigate it. Also, the ticket they give has the words: "If you want to fill out our online customer satisfaction survey, please go to..." ...and that's it. There is no website on the ticket, suggesting that this is a deliberate mockery, and the last word of that sentence is intended to be 'hell.'

It made me think of some sort of nightmarish conglomeration of Hallifax and Gaudiguch- pure bureaucratic chaos. You fill out paperwork, but you have no idea why or what anyone wants from you... and that existential crisis is entirely the point of the forms. It's all very meta. 

But at least it's over... for six more years.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I'm so, so sick. Fever, coughing my head off, headache, flu-like symptoms. On top of all that, I have to work tonight. My work involves a LOT of outside work for hours throughout the shift. It's supposed to be cold and wet tonight. I'll be lucky if I don't end up in the freaking hospital. :(
  • @Kethaera: I laughed at that.

Feel better soon Rami!
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Munsia said:
    I'd rather grass than...rocks?
    Welcome to the American Southwest.  Here in Las Vegas, water is a tad scarce.  So a few years back, I believe,  Clark County started paying property owners to zeroscape their yards(zeroscape means to use rocks and other landscaping that don't require watering).  You get used to it.  

Kethaera said:
    The DMV in my area is horrible, so much so I wonder if it's actually part of a sociological experiment that we unwillingly participate in. The "best" parts include a rope maze at the beginning with signs that point in random directions(not necessarily down any of the maze paths) and that rarely seem to have any connection to what people come to the DMV to do, based on the level of confusion observed when people attempted to navigate it. Also, the ticket they give has the words: "If you want to fill out our online customer satisfaction survey, please go to..." ...and that's it. There is no website on the ticket, suggesting that this is a deliberate mockery, and the last word of that sentence is intended to be 'hell.'

It made me think of some sort of nightmarish conglomeration of Hallifax and Gaudiguch- pure bureaucratic chaos. You fill out paperwork, but you have no idea why or what anyone wants from you... and that existential crisis is entirely the point of the forms. It's all very meta. 

But at least it's over... for six more years.
    I just got back from the DMV.  This is the second time in two months that I've had to go to a DMV to get a new license.  Last month, back home in Utah, I had to renew my license(expired on 1-10-14).   Then a few weeks later I ended up moving down here to Vegas, so I just went in to get my new Nevada license.  Fortunately this one is good for 8 years, so I don't have to do that again.  But the DMV here is EXACTLY like what you described.  There was very little instruction.  I filled out my form, got my number at the info counter, and then waited for 2 hours, listening to angry people speak to each other.   It turned out when my number was finally called, they had given me a ticket for vehicle registration, rather than driver's license.  Fortunately that ended up working out and I got my license.  

The good news is that I shouldn't have to go in when I register my new car in a few weeks.  I believe I can do that online.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Woo fellow Las Vegan. If you have to dmv it up again, go to the one on North Decatur and Elkhorn. Usually much less crowded, and the people there are actually half way competent.
  • That's actually not too bad of a drive from here.  I'm near Cheyenne and Rainbow.  I went to the one on Flamingo though, since I work on Charleston.
    Stangmar - Retired

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    In the last three weeks I've hit the front of my head on a doorpost, the back of my head on the shower wall, cut myself with a steak knife on the webbing between my pointer and thumb while washing the dishes, fallen once in the hallway against a wall, and once in the living on my face. Yesterday I choked on soda. Now, I can add falling onto my knee + shin on a half-split outside of the ice and snow. And I know once I go to sleep I'm going to feel this dull, painless throbbing in my knee and shin as full-out pain.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    North 215 and Decatur myself.  So it's literally right down the street from me.  Which was nice, when I let my license lapse and had to walk to go get it renewed just in case a police officer decided to pull me over.