General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• School is stressful. Family situation is stressful. Not really sure what to do about either.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited February 2014
    Kethaera said:
    School is stressful. Family situation is stressful. Not really sure what to do about either.
    Take a deep breath, let it out slowly. Think about what you can reasonably change or do to help lessen the stress even a teensy bit then try going from there, if you can. I hope things get better for you. :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It wasn't too bad. I ended up working 12 hours, which will give me a bit extra next week.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I'm starting to like myself less than I did before. I didn't think it was possible to like myself less, but I'm managing it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Living in the illusion that you're awesome helps.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Munsia said:
    Living in the illusion that you're awesome helps.
    How does one acquire such an illusion without acknowledging it as an illusion in the first place?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2014
    I find it helps to put on a front and act like I'm awesome. Sooner or later, I start believing it. Later on, I realise that I was awesome all the time, and I just didn't know it.

It might be some sort of psychosomatic reaction at the end, but it still makes me feel better.

Edit: I just realised that my post paraphrases Munsia's post.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Zouviqil said:
    I'm starting to like myself less than I did before. I didn't think it was possible to like myself less, but I'm managing it.
    I recommend a five minute walk in a flurry of large, fluffy snowflakes when applicable. They have this magical ability to melt away all the ache from a back breaking, soul crushing day.
    The puppy bowl makes me angrier. I always lose bets on it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I actually learned about the puppy bowl for the first time yesterday.  I have missed out on a great deal of "awws" and various other cuteness-overload-vocabulary, it seems.
  • When it comes to self confidence, I try to carry myself like Hank Schrader from Breaking Bad.   

Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    I heard in a TED talk that if you stand for two minutes with your chest puffed out and your hands on your hips like Superman, your body will tell your brain you're awesome. Great for crises of confidence, just do it someplace private.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Screw that, I'm doing it at work
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I fell down my steps. On my tailbone.

First came the shock, which had me pacing around my downstairs sort of scream-laughing. Then I had to stand outside (in the snow, in my underoos) because I was nauseous and feeling faint. Then the swelling started, I lost the ability to lift my legs and had to have my boyfriend carry me up the steps and arrange me on top of our bed. THEN came the pain.

Luckily, I managed to nap off most of the pain. Now just mild discomfort, thank GOD I don't work again until Monday.

All of this because I decided to buy new socks.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited February 2014
    What's an underoo

Google has provided me with the following

I will never unsee Eritheyl this way
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2014
    Oh god. I...I need these.

For Science.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Daraius said:
    I heard in a TED talk that if you stand for two minutes with your chest puffed out and your hands on your hips like Superman, your body will tell your brain you're awesome. Great for crises of confidence, just do it someplace private.
    Yoga has certain power poses where you do something similar. It's funny how these things are hailed as new but they have simply been around for a long time. It is only now we begin to better understand the science behind it, but so many discoveries are simply rediscoveries of things we already long knew.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2014
    I remember the complaints of a lot of American friends of the London 2012 coverage, especially the opening ceremony.

Tribute to victims of the London 7/7 bombings that took place the day after London won the Olympics? We'll skip that for an interview with Michael Phelps!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited February 2014
    Yeah, the opening ceremony in any given games might as well be renamed 'the talking parade of condescending ethnocentrism.'

Edit: Admittedly, this does not roll off the tongue in the same way.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have trouble actually watching the Olympics because of the way they are done.  Some of the events are interesting, but it's just so commercialized (because they have to make back the money they invested in the bidding process) and you're seeing everything through the lens of "what will make us the most profit".  :(
  • Just like college and professional sports, I rarely watch the Olympics.  But that's because I hate feeding into the ego of most athletes.

I also hate that they are aired on NBC.....because that means I won't get to see Parks & Rec or Community until after they're over.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I'm boycotting Winter games because of Russia and their anti-homosexual laws and the wild captured orcas that they put on display.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I wish I could log on during the bits between classes, but Woe.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If it isn't wrestling, the olympics hold no interest for me.
    B-but the winter olympics has GUNS...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Perhaps.  But wrestling is THE olympic sport, as far as I'm concerned.

• Tarkenton said:
    Perhaps.  But wrestling is THE olympic sport, as far as I'm concerned.
    I think you mean was. I am pretty sure it recently got Pluto'd.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!