Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Right Celina that's part of it, as I said, status isn't suppose to give you free reign without repercussion, it's suppose to protect you and it's not doing that currently

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Synkarin said:
    Mork hit it right on. If you have status, you can defend in enemy territory without losing status. once the person leaves enemy territory though, if you continue to attack them, you should lose status. This is obvious by the fact that were I to declare sometime outside enemy territory and they in turn hit me, they will lose status. It use to be that way, I don't know when it changed, I don't get status all that often.
    It has always worked this way.

Kelly would sit in the Inner Sea and Zap any enemies that come in the Inner Sea, then have all Celest defend Kelly and chase the person down into Cay.

Hence, why so many complaints always exist about Cay.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Here is what I said last year, and have been saying some variation of since Declare was introduced 8 years ago:

If you attack someone, regardless of the territory or not, they should be able to attack you back without fear of Avenger.

If you are in your territory and attack someone that is in enemy territory, that someone should not automatically declare you for you attacking them. Because of this, any ally of yours can defend you and chase that person down ---anywhere--- on prime and kill them without fear of Avenger.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

What? That is not a bug, that's how declare works. There is a period after you declare, whether auto or not, that you are free game until the declaration fades. The alternative is people stepping in and out of enemy territory so you can't kill them.

Edit: If Sidd is talking about what I think he is, that's also a very old quirk of the Avenger system. Once you get status on a person, you can't hit them on prime ever. They have total immunity from you unless they declare you outside of enemy territory. If they are defending or you are in enemy territory, you can't touch the while they bash you in the face.

That's what I was talking about myself. And that is how I've -always- known Avenger to work. While I admit that it is a bit quirky, it has likely been introduced to prevent people from camping other orgs' prime territory and murdering everyone/thing as many times as they like, provided said people attacked first. In general, prime raids aren't there to accomplish any goal, they're just there to annoy the players in the org you're attacking and they can be harmful to newbies/novices by people cleaning out quest-related NPCs and similar.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited February 2014
    Silvanus said:

It has always worked this way.

Kelly would sit in the Inner Sea and Zap any enemies that come in the Inner Sea, then have all Celest defend Kelly and chase the person down into Cay.

Hence, why so many complaints always exist about Cay.
    Your example is completely different than his. They are two separate situations.

Yours would only be equal if:
    1) Kelly had suspect on the person she was zapping, and
    2) Did not lose suspect when chasing into the Cay, leaving the person she is chasing unable to defend themselves even in neutral territory.

That said, Avenger used to be bugged in that in some areas (like the Inner Sea), if someone had suspect on you they could attack you and you could not fight back (Avenger would stop you), but in other enemy territories you were actually able to defend yourself.

I am not sure that it was chasing to neutral territory that made suspect drop, but simply that certain enemy areas dropped suspect when you got attacked by the victim and others did not. It kind of sounds like that weirdness was sorted out (by simply making it function the same way everywhere).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Oh yeah, Silvanus is right. That's an ooooold thing. I remember it being brought back when Viynain was Xiel and I was a Magnagoran.

edited February 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Your example is completely different than his. They are two separate situations. Yours would only be equal if: 1) Kelly had suspect on the person she was zapping, and 2) Did not lose suspect when chasing into the Cay, leaving the person she is chasing unable to defend themselves even in neutral territory. 

This is exactly what I was saying. It doesn't matter if she has suspect on me or not, I am in enemy territory, she is able to attack me.

If I have suspect on her, I would not be able to attack her, even if she chased me into Cay and continued the fight there, because she already zapped me in the Inner Sea.
    The second paragraph there was not stated at all anywhere in your first post, you know. I can assure you that it has not always worked that way though. The Inner Sea specifically always has, but various other areas have not (about 6 rl years ago there was a forum thread complaining about this disparity).
    It didn't always use to be like this, Nienla and I would prime raid and have suspect drop if we were attacked outside the org territory, even after being hit inside.

If you chase said suspect outside enemy territory, you did your job, defense successful, any further chasing you do should drop status

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    It didn't always use to be like this, Nienla and I would prime raid and have suspect drop if we were attacked outside the org territory, even after being hit inside. If you chase said suspect outside enemy territory, you did your job, defense successful, any further chasing you do should drop status
    Or the person being chased can stop right outside and sit there, waiting for you to leave so they can go back to doing whatever it is they wanted to do (Or hoping you chase them and hit them so suspect drops). You either stick around, doing absolutely nothing until they go away or you chase them and let them kill you all over again along with a group of their buddies? Just pointing out the other side of that argument.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited February 2014
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

It didn't always use to be like this, Nienla and I would prime raid and have suspect drop if we were attacked outside the org territory, even after being hit inside.

If you chase said suspect outside enemy territory, you did your job, defense successful, any further chasing you do should drop status

Or the person being chased can stop right outside and sit there, waiting for you to leave so they can go back to doing whatever it is they wanted to do (Or hoping you chase them and hit them so suspect drops). You either stick around, doing absolutely nothing until they go away or you chase them and let them kill you all over again along with a group of their buddies? Just pointing out the other side of that argument.

Better than free reign with no repercussions. You don't have to be a jerk and jump people.

Edit: by the way, you can still kill them avenger free, you just don't keep suspect. So you can get your buddies to defend and chase them off, do whatever. The only thing you lose by chasing is suspect status

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Every time I even consider switching to Mudlet my head literally explodes.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Dirgesinger (protector) in Glomdoring Vengeance is a cursed position. :(

He seems to be suffering under the delusion that it is possible to make a short post on Tweets that is somehow "off topic".
    I couldn't help myself.
    Celina is pulling an Iasmos?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2014
    Munsia said:
    Is anyone else about ready to just flag every post @Iasmos ever made since he seems to do nothing but that to everyone?
    He doesn't play, he doesn't contribute, so I consider the flags irrelevant. I mean this is the guy that abused the troll flag so much they deleted it.

If anything, Iasmos flags are like a badge of honour, you're posting something he dislikes and can't do anything about.

Edit: To be fair to the guy, there's a lot of petty flagging in general so it's not like this is a one person exclusive issue. Ok, sure he's the #1 culprit, but if you actually take the time to note certain flags on certain topics from certain people, they're hypocritical to the point of comical. There's a lot of cynical humour on these forums that wouldn't exist if it weren't for pointless flag systems.

Edit of Edit: Flag systems that are now even more pointless as you can't see if a post is even well liked/supported without hovering over it now. At least they had SOME use before.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    No, actually you guys do go offtopic quite a bit with your silly caustic arguments about nothing. How about you play nice and get back to tweeting.
    Actually, you can still see the totals on the mobile forum view when just scrolling through (no hovering required). Of course, it provides other downsides instead...

I wish the forum features that we have actually worked reliably and consistently. :(
    edited February 2014
    Rivius said:
    No, actually you guys do go offtopic quite a bit with your silly caustic arguments about nothing. How about you play nice and get back to tweeting.
    How can you go off topic in a tweets thread? It's not even possible, all the flagging does is show an attempt to forum police from a person who fails to contribute in any meaningful way. If anything that's toxic, because they're purely going out to antagonise.

Call them out on it, you get flagged abusive (really? Calling someone with no meaningful contribution to a group "irrelevant" isn't abusive, it's pointing out they are irrelevant) because how dare you pull people up on their dickery right? If anything all it does is waste admin time having to trawl through a bunch of pointless flags because someone doesn't like the conversation. Considering they never participate in conversation, who cares?

It's like people who issue for the most pointless and petty things, and all they do is waste admin time before it's thrown out for being pointless.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Xenthos said:
    Actually, you can still see the totals on the mobile forum view when just scrolling through (no hovering required). Of course, it provides other downsides instead... I wish the forum features that we have actually worked reliably and consistently. :(
    The mobile client is annoying for me, I can only see who's flagged it what when I click on the flag, thus flagging it myself.

Unless it's my own post, and I get "I can't let you do that, Dave" and am still non the effing wiser on who flagged it.

Morkarion said:

The mobile client is annoying for me, I can only see who's flagged it what when I click on the flag, thus flagging it myself.

Unless it's my own post, and I get "I can't let you do that, Dave" and am still non the effing wiser on who flagged it.

I decided not to post that quirk lest I get flagged by the dread forum police; if I went in depth on all my various forum woes I would run out of characters!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited February 2014
    Listen, you guys aren't children, you know perfectly well that your posts do more to antagonize and start arguments on a more aggressive front than some passive-aggressive flaggings. You said yourself they don't mean anything, why do you need to bring it up all the time? The off-topic flags are probably because you're not supposed to be discussing bugs here, the abuse flags are probably because you're inviting a flame war. Just going out on a limb there.
    He does not post, he only flags. How are they inciting a flame war? A war generally requires at least two sides.
    edited February 2014

A griefer's war only requires one side to participate.

Rivius said:
    Listen, you guys aren't children, you know perfectly well that your posts do more to antagonize and start arguments on a more aggressive front than some passive-aggressive flaggings. You said yourself they don't mean anything, why do you need to bring it up all the time? The off-topic flags are probably because you're not supposed to be discussing bugs here, the abuse flags are probably because you're inviting a flame war. Just going out on a limb there.
    Because a lot of the time we're having discussion (and it is discussion) that's come out of a comment. See the destruction discussion in quotes yesterday, none of that was being aggressive or flame war based, if anything I was getting sniped at (which is ironic considering various factors but let's not go off topic before this gets flagged, except that's how conversations work! *Man, proving my point while proving my point, exampleception*) and I wasn't offended. But suddenly the amateur forum police comes in spamming any discussion based off a quote as off topic. How can discussion based on something in a thread be off topic, if it's related to something in the thread?

People bring it up all the time because it's a talking point, I mean this is the guy who abused the troll flag whenever he disagreed with a post to the point the admin simply removed it, so now he flags things he disagrees with as off topic or abuse (when they aren't abusive, no one's throwing insults here *unless you can't tell the difference between insults and fair criticism of your contributions to a collective.*) which is nothing but a complete waste of the admin's time. People should be free to converse and talk without someone flagging a bunch of shit up for the most petty and non-flag-intentional of reasons that means someone like Nocht or Zvoltz have to waste their time combing through everything when they could be doing things far more fun.

When people completely railroad a discussion on a subject matter to something entirely different with no connection between the two? That's off topic.

When people hurl derogatory insults at each other with language you should have left behind on the playground at school? That's abuse.

Anything else you dislike? There's a disagree flag, use it and quit wasting people's time, the admin are not here to be your personal bat signal for your forum-vigilante attempts.

This discussion has been closed.