Artifact Ideas

Comments

• A more expensive version of the contrivances that let you attune them to a bubble (maybe once an IG year it can be attuned?) (IE you buy one and you can change what it links to, but it can only link to one at a time). 

• Can we avoid combat effecting artys please? Especially while waiting on an overhaul. We already put out some pretty bad things. 

I do mean combat:
    +1 to standardbearer arty
    +1 to magic seals on letters, prefer as a skill though,cause those would be awesome.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    But then I wouldn't get a chuckle every time I see a throne death.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You'll always have the guy who forgot to take his necklace off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

After the mechanics of the ur'stone and how it charges, I started to think about an expansion on said mechanic and how it can be applied elsewhere.

Soulwell Amulet: Captures the essence of creatures you slay, charging it up with each kill. Once fully charged, this amulet can be used once per day to transfer its power to a City or Commune's nexus, and once per month to draw into the owner's personal reserves. Stronger creatures will generate more essence per kill.

So in the way you charge the ur'Stone with 5,000 blood drops, where higher level mobs generate more drops per kill, so to would this charge up in the same way till it's full. When it's fully charged, it's worth 200 power, which you can either donate for that in game day, or draw into your personal reserves once per in game month. You can't donate half or withdraw half, you simply choose one or the other.

I've toyed with the idea that it can take you up to 150 power, 50% extra over base cap, regardless of what your actual maximum is through other means. But that's really an optional extra.

Because of the way it's capped to offer only once per day, it would generate 5k power if you played consistently over a 24 hour period, and the once a month draw function limits it being abused in combat for endless reserves.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited April 2014
    A sash (or similar type thing?) that can have any number of artifact runes on, something that can hold more than 10 artifact runes and that isn't jewelry

As new artifacts come out that mimic enchantments and magic curios that are perhaps better vessels for such, having something else rather than having a ton of jewelry that is solely there to hold the rune would be nice.
  • Why not just attach multiple runes to a single piece of jewelry? I do that already.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Vivet said:
    Turnus said:
    Censers as regular arties.
    And for auctions instead:

Censer of Shifting Terrains.

Touch the censer to attune it to the terrain type of your current org at any time, at which point it displays as "an Aquatic/Windswept/Forestal/Wyrden/Tainted/Burning Censer of Shifting Terrains" as is appropriate.

Or instead of tying it down to your current org, make it so you can choose which environment type you want. In this way, you can even help melders from allied orgs, or use trees environments despite not being from the communes or having their censers. I think that would be pretty nice. Of course, minor perks can be added as well, like not needing a tinderbox, and depending on how fast the eq currently is with it (I don't have those numbers!), boost it a little more. Someone would buy it!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tokens of ent customization.

Please.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Tokens of ent <snip>
    Far better idea. Tokens to turn you into tree people who say THOOM! and BLESS MY BARK! alot.
    Belibi said:
    Siam said:
    Tokens of ent <snip>
    Far better idea. Tokens to turn you into tree people who say THOOM! and BLESS MY BARK! alot.
    Well played, Enya. Well played!  :))
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    This shows a funny trend, am I really the most familiar tree person?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    This shows a funny trend, am I really the most familiar tree person?
    Your nickname is Treebeard

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Sell completed curios during the auctions please.

#bringShikariback 

• Perhaps not as an artifact, but as a unique auction-for-gold thing: A permanent ad! The ad will become inactive if the player does, but as long as the player is active, the ad never expires and always keeps its number.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Faragan would just win it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2014
    Here's an iffy idea. So I've always wanted something like a champ-item that extends beyond people just in your guild. How about one that allows you to switch places with all mutual allies (note: not lusted), but comes at a decent balance cost (maybe 4ish seconds?). Normal restrictions to champion-artie usage applies (full HME, non-functional through distort).

Shaddus said:
    Faragan would just win it.
    Put a cap of "no more than 1 advert per hour" restriction on it, and this would benefit everyone.

Please sell retired dingbat dolls. A higher cost would be fine with us hoarders.

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Siam said:
    Please sell retired dingbat dolls. A higher cost would be fine with us hoarders.
    Orrrrrrrrrrr (and?) allow doll trading! I actually managed to pull Nifilhema out of a present recently, and I've wanted her forever. I also pulled out Hart and the redcap guy, which I didn't want but I could have given to someone who did instead of trading them for dingbats.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Lavinya said:
    Siam said:
    Orrrrrrrrrrr (and?) allow doll trading! I actually managed to pull Nifilhema out of a present recently, and I've wanted her forever. I also pulled out Hart and the redcap guy, which I didn't want but I could have given to someone who did instead of trading them for dingbats.

:(( I had gotten 500 credits and failed to pull him out of any, you got one, one of my friends got one, someone else got two... I got a Chuchip doll (that I traded in), an Abeytu doll (that I traded in), and a Raziela doll (that I traded in), all instead of the doll I actually wanted...

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to offer @Estarra one of my working organs in return for the Glumki doll.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I've twice gotten Glumki dolls from presents. I'm currently holding onto my Roxie and Methrenton dolls, though I really want a Japhiel one, and hope to one day see one for Carakhan.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'd love an @Isune doll, myself.... *hint, hint*

But either way, yes... why not sell all the dingbat dolls in the first place?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.

Portraits           Paint portraits of others with great expertise.
    • Expert 50%
    • Syntax: PAINT <target>
              PAINT FROM SKETCH <sketch>
      Paint life-like portraits of others. You'll need a blank canvas and a full palette of paints. You can also create a painting from two sketches of your subject.

Can we use one sketch instead if it has a sketch seal on it, please? It is pretty redundant to perma two similar sketches...

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Paintings should always just come from one sketch. Two is just dumb.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."