Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    A curiosity arose from me today as I wake up, tired because I have people over my apartment that I wish would shut up in the am. However, I log in, there's 1 newbie, 1 perma afk, and that's absolutely it...and we're being raided? Now I'm curious as to why bother? If you bring 3 people, that means you're looking for a fight, but any idiot with farscout (and there was someone with farscout) can just farscout and see there's 0 people online....how the nil is there only 3 people logged into Mag right now o.o (one is me!) 

Honestly I don't care they raided, that's absolutely whatever, but...why three people? :/
  • Probably because Mag (and every other org) does it as well. Early morning raids with a handful of people.

Also because Lusternia is more fun with friends.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2014
    Munsia said:
    A curiosity arose from me today as I wake up, tired because I have people over my apartment that I wish would shut up in the am. However, I log in, there's 1 newbie, 1 perma afk, and that's absolutely it...and we're being raided? Now I'm curious as to why bother? If you bring 3 people, that means you're looking for a fight, but any idiot with farscout (and there was someone with farscout) can just farscout and see there's 0 people online....how the nil is there only 3 people logged into Mag right now o.o (one is me!) 

Honestly I don't care they raided, that's absolutely whatever, but...why three people? :/

They knew a top tier melder was around. Go kick some ass.
    Aeral said:
    Probably because Mag (and every other org) does it as well. Early morning raids with a handful of people.

No...no we don't. We raid for a fight. I think you two entirely missed the point.

I woke up to a raid in progress with nobody online...I'm curious as to what the point of raiding for no fight is. 
    Remember when you and Narsrim would meld rooms with locked exits, empress random people in, and kill them 2 or 3 vs 1? Probably along the same lines as that.
    edited April 2014
    Celina said:
    Remember when you and Narsrim would meld rooms with locked exits, empress random people in, and kill them 2 or 3 vs 1? Probably along the same lines as that.
    You mean when Narsrim would go 1 v 10, grab one of you into a secluded room because the only thing Glom ever did was zerg? Yes, yes I do.

Also it was only 2 v 1, but in reality it was 2 v 10, and us picking people off. Sorry our tactics > your zerg?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Actually, I enjoyed the times when he could conjuctio me into his ship on Earth and kill me. Those were the days.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I miss Narsrim :(

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    No, she's being obtuse. They (sometimes with talkan) would lurk in pre melded rooms with one exits off of the road or in the hives. Then empress people into them for a 3v1. But it's cool. She has "amnesia" now.
    Not that I care, I've done worse. I'm just enjoying pointing out the irony of "people no want fight?! Me no understand!!!" Girl, yes you do. You've done the same damn thing.
    edited April 2014
    Celina said:
    Not that I care, I've done worse. I'm just enjoying pointing out the irony of "people no want fight?! Me no understand!!!" Girl, yes you do. You've done the same damn thing.
    No, I haven't...enjoy remembering weird stories of your own adventures I guess? I also never really did anything with Talkan considering I hated him on the same level of Revan. The only time we 'empressed people into locked rooms' was when I was a Mag and we did it from Glomdoring to Catacombs.

I've never empressed into hives?  But okay. Back to enjoying your illusions. 

I've always raided explicitly for a fight. Since year 1, in fact. I'm not you, don't even put me in the same lowly grade as your type of raider who kills newbies 'just because they were on plane', and if there isn't a fight we usually just go home and twiddle our thumbs. So, once again, you're ENTIRELY missing the point, which is okay I've already established how low your intelligence is

Original point of the post was missed entirely, which is why bother raiding with 3 people if NOONE AT ALL IS GOING TO SHOW UP EVER BECAUSE NOONE IS LOGGED ON. <--- see, caps make it easier for dumb people I hope. 

Not to mention, that if you were capable of comprehending basic sentences, you'd read in my ORIGINAL POST it says and I quote "Honestly I don't care they raided, that's absolutely whatever" 

I wanted to know -why- they were raiding. a thought process, not a flame war.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:
    Celina said:
    No, I haven't...enjoy remembering weird stories of your own adventures I guess? I also never really did anything with Talkan considering I hated him on the same level of Revan. The only time we 'empressed people into locked rooms' was when I was a Mag and we did it from Glomdoring to Catacombs.

I've always raided explicitly for a fight. Since year 1, in fact. I'm not you, don't even put me in the same lowly grade as your type of raider who kills newbies 'just because they were on plane', and if there isn't a fight we usually just go home and twiddle our thumbs. So, once again, you're ENTIRELY missing the point, which is okay I've already established how low your intelligence is

Original point of the post was missed entirely, which is why bother raiding with 3 people if NOONE AT ALL IS GOING TO SHOW UP EVER BECAUSE NOONE IS LOGGED ON. <--- see, caps make it easier for dumb people I hope.
    You guys were quite happy to summon lone individuals who were not part of any "zerg" into the killbox, with shrines active and running to prevent any escape.  That's not "looking for a fight," that's "I just want the lolkills".
    Xenthos said:
    Munsia said:
    Celina said:

You guys were quite happy to summon lone individuals who were not part of any "zerg" into the killbox, with shrines active and running to prevent any escape.  That's not "looking for a fight," that's "I just want the lolkills".
    Why is this even a topic of discussion? 100% has NOTHING to do with my original question.
    I gave you a reason. The same reason you had for ganking in kill rooms. You just choose to act like it never happened. But since we know you did, and you know you did despite denying it, you can (to yourself) apply your reasoning then to the current scenario. Presto, you have your answer.
    PS condescension is a poor substitute for wit, darlin.
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh @Nocht forums wgah'nagl fhtagn
  • Munsia said:

People bother because they know others will get worked up over it and will come to the forums and remark on it. It's simple really, stop taking the bait. It will grow old soon enough and it will even mostly stop happening.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Ssaliss said:
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh @Nocht forums wgah'nagl fhtagn
    R'yleh?
  • I wouldn't compare the forums to R'yleh just yet.
    Rialorm said:
    Munsia said:

People bother because they know others will get worked up over it and will come to the forums and remark on it. It's simple really, stop taking the bait. It will grow old soon enough and it will even mostly stop happening.
    What...bait?! I'm not over reacting. I'm asking a simple question WHY WOULD YOU DO IT. There's no damn complaining here, is everyone just retarded? I'm getting worked up over the idiocy of the people on the forums. Thought process, not INSULTS.
    edited April 2014
    We know it's complaining because we know you know the answer to the question already. Acting bewildered as to why people like to cause grief and take advantage of "can't lose scenarios," isn't fooling anyone. It's just complaining. FYI no one has insulted you.
  • I answered your question @Munsia. Note that I said remark, not complain. Again, I think by coming here and saying anything about the raiding, you are giving those who do it what they want, and a reason to continue to do it. And then others jump on it, and it all goes to hell from there. I agree with you even, I think it is pretty silly to take three people to go attack an org which at that time has nobody about. Anyone can do that, and it is seriously lame. But as I said, their aim is most likely not to fight to begin with, it's just to cause some grief.

Good fights, nice as they are, is a thing few really want. And in a way, that makes sense, it's even smart to use any tactical advantage (numbers or otherwise) to guarantee a win. However, this isn't even the case here. Still too bad, but well these things will happen. My take on it? Ignore it. And lead by example instead. I'm an idealist though, but I find it works.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Munsia said:
    Aeral said:
    Probably because Mag (and every other org) does it as well. Early morning raids with a handful of people.

No...no we don't. We raid for a fight. I think you two entirely missed the point.

I woke up to a raid in progress with nobody online...I'm curious as to what the point of raiding for no fight is. 

Excuse me?

Do you know how many times I've woken up to a raid in progress with 1 or 2 people online?

I love how your sight when it comes to this sort of thing is entirely one-sided. And I love how you're just allowed to be obnoxious on the forums with no policing whatsoever. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Nocht said:

I can only ban @Shaddus so many times in a single month.
    It's a new month!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Some people raid to bash. Some people raid out of boredom. I know Leo used to always go looking to stir trouble, not because there was no one around, but in the hope that maybe someone was, because it was quiet (off-peak raiding, they called our 7pm play time) and he was bored and wanted to maybe shake someone out of the trees to amuse him. Maybe these guys were doing the same. Maybe they wanted the sweet gold from mobs that haven't been killed in a while. Who knows? More importantly - who cares?

I do not believe your kill count, @Nocht‌
This discussion has been closed.