General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Definitely don't see the point in those.  Now Pinata cakes on the other hand can be a lot of fun, if a little messy...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Seems like a waste, but hey, if they pay for it......

Stangmar - Retired

• Tarkenton said:
     (even if pie is better).
    Ah hell yeah.

Give me a good pie any day over cake.  Apple, banana cream, chocolate cream, pumpkin, all way better alternatives to cake, which is usually too rich for my liking anyway.  

Do like a little bit of cheesecake now and then though.

No offense to any cake-makers...I do like the occasional cake as long as it's light on the frosting.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Honestly, if I'm having the rare dessert at a restaurant or something, I'd take just about anything over cake because I'm already overexposed to it. (and I've yet to have a cake better than one I make myself)  ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Here's my issue.  The stuff in cakes that everyone likes?  In between the layers of actual cake.  I would rather have all the things from inside the cake than the actual cake itself.

Pies?  Pies know exactly what it is that you want.  That sweet, sweet, delicious filling.  And that's why there's so much of it.  It's also why cheesecake is really a pie, and not a cake.  Because cheesecake also knows what you want.

• The lack of block / mute / ban button in the real world. My colleagues are being extremely negative about upcoming evaluation talks (first time the company is doing them) and I am sick of listening to their toxic whining. If you don't care for the talk, just put that on your form already. But no, they'll keep on moaning and then put on there that everything is fine and dandy because "anything you say will only be used against you". 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Well that kind of sucks... As of the end of may, the Nintendo DS family and the Nintendo Wii will pretty much officially be obsolete except for single player and local multiplayer.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Crap. There goes my games of online Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

(Why didn't you put an Online battle feature into Awakening Nintendo!?)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Daraius said:
    Honestly, if I'm having the rare dessert at a restaurant or something, I'd take just about anything over cake because I'm already overexposed to it. (and I've yet to have a cake better than one I make myself)  ;))
    You're talking about cakes in America, right? Because that's like eating out of the trash. None of that stuff looks or tastes any good. If you want to experience eating a 'real' cake then I recommend Gramercy New York (http://kaileypierre.com/gramercy-new-york/), Toshi Yoroizuka (http://www.grand-patissier.info/ToshiYoroizuka/), any restaurant produced by Joel Robuchon, or even Quil Fait Bon (http://www.quil-fait-bon.com/menulist.php?tsp=1)...

The tongue has 5 taste-buds not 4.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've you only have 5 taste buds, you got probs, brochef!
  • Setting foot inside a village, leaving literally within the space of two minutes without doing anything... getting enemied for it. Going through various RP channels to try and get it reversed, no dice.

Oh well. Guess I don't have reason to sit out raids on Serenwilde any more.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

Lusternia said:
    You have no further messages.
    ?
    Of course, avoiding enemy status to an org you're not likely to be allied to for the foreseeable future isn't generally reason to avoid raiding/conflict anyways.
  • Enyalida said:

Lusternia said:
    You have no further messages.
    ?
    Of course, avoiding enemy status to an org you're not likely to be allied to for the foreseeable future isn't generally reason to avoid raiding/conflict anyways.
    I'm a n00b. Never been in a game where the first person you contact about something like this is the CL, so I contacted the ambassador. It didn't help, and I wasn't told "you should contact <blah> instead of me" IC so I dropped it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I guess some org leaders want greater control. Shrug. If CL's take over the Ambassador's job...what's left for the ambassador to do?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

My thoughts EVERY DAY on the freeway.  If you're not in a hurry, MOVE THE HELL OVER for those of us that are.
    Stangmar - Retired

http://www.3news.co.nz/The-Ultimate-Warrior-dies-aged-54/tabid/418/articleID/339467/Default.aspx

:(  RIP Ultimate Warrior,  I used to look up to you when I was young...

That one completely hit me out of the fucking blue this morning, I'd logged on WZ.com to check the Smackdown taping results, everything after Mania 30 on Sunday has me totally hooked on wrestling again, and that was the headline staring me right in the face.

Watching him being inducted into the Hall of Fame on Saturday and there with his two little girls, 11 and 13, his speech, him making an appearance at Wrestlemania and then his speech on Monday night all suddenly have a completely different meaning. I thought he was just thanking everyone for his career so he could simply step out of the light and live a quiet life having made peace with everyone. Now it seems he was living on borrowed time, sad story :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Belibi said:
    Setting foot inside a village, leaving literally within the space of two minutes without doing anything... getting enemied for it. Going through various RP channels to try and get it reversed, no dice.

Technically, you have no business being in a Seren village ever. I'd have had you enemied to Halli yesterday too if you had refused to leave. Our laws are a bit weird in that regard, but anyway... the important thing here is... on Prime, you are protected by Avenger unless you're in enemy territory. If an organization wants to remove you from their territory, they're going to brand you an enemy. It's about as simple as it goes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    "If you had refused to leave" are the key words.

Personally I've seen newbie Serens wander into Glom villages and told them to go, if they don't reply then they get enemied. This is pretty much a straight up "enemy on sight" which is a different matter.

• Elanorwen said:
    Belibi said:
    Setting foot inside a village, leaving literally within the space of two minutes without doing anything... getting enemied for it. Going through various RP channels to try and get it reversed, no dice.

Technically, you have no business being in a Seren village ever. I'd have had you enemied to Halli yesterday too if you had refused to leave. Our laws are a bit weird in that regard, but anyway... the important thing here is... on Prime, you are protected by Avenger unless you're in enemy territory. If an organization wants to remove you from their territory, they're going to brand you an enemy. It's about as simple as it goes.
    @Karlach described the reason for my dissatisfaction quite nicely. I had actually already left the village, without being asked or encountering anyone, when I was enemied.

And now a new wrinkle - apparently there are some efforts now to stop Serens from hunting non-enemied Gloms on prime. Which, thanks to this, will obviously not include me. Joy.
    Karlach said:
    "If you had refused to leave" are the key words.

Personally I've seen newbie Serens wander into Glom villages and told them to go, if they don't reply then they get enemied. This is pretty much a straight up "enemy on sight" which is a different matter.
    Oh, I understand the frustration. Granted, anyone ranked over 800 should be aware of the political situation and know where they're not welcome. Our laws do explicitly state that we don't enemy just for someone being in our territory (and we tend to follow them to the best of our ability), but I am not familiar with how Seren laws are nowadays. It could be 'enemy Gloms on sight in our territory' for all I know.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Holy Week is coming up. I can make it, I can make it, I can make it... and no, we're not doing easy "fluff" for the week, so stop treating it like that! People.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2014
    Had this terrible inkling that I was going to have a nosebleed at work today. Terrible, terrible feeling. Coworker's nose started bleeding! I think, 'Okay, sucks for her, but I'm in the clear'.

...cue twenty minutes of me bleeding all over the break room sink thinking I'm going to die. What a day.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Everiine said:
    Holy Week is coming up. I can make it, I can make it, I can make it... and no, we're not doing easy "fluff" for the week, so stop treating it like that! People.
    It's gonna be a rough week(until the 15th at least) for me too......but more in relation to the command 'render unto Ceasar that what is Ceasar's'

Stangmar - Retired

Of course it'll rain today.... after all, I did go to the car wash yesterday.

• Portius said:
    Dear person who lives below me,

I recognize that since you are not a particularly intelligent man, you might need some friendly tips about how to cook bacon. That's alright, it's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm here to help.

1)Consider cooking bacon when you're sober. While some recipes do call for beer, you're supposed to add it to the food and not the chef.

2)You should probably have some clothes on when you're frying things, too. It helps prevent little accidents like spraying oil on yourself, which might make you less likely to abandon your frying bacon.

3)If in spite of these tips you still set off a fire alarm, you should try not to tackle the fireman who asks if you're ok. He really doesn't appreciate it.

On the plus side, it was really hilarious watching a tour guide try to explain away the naked drunk who was tackling a fireman to the prospective students. I bet you really made her day.
    If anything, that probably HELPED convince some of the kids to attend your school.

Stangmar - Retired